Bsnl 2-8 download while u r asleep(my tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
it's not working.
i use autopower on to start utorrent and i have already enqued the torrents.
i even set the time in the scheduling option.
when autopower on launches utorrent, then the torrents are not started automatically by u torrent even though the time is scheduled in the scheduler.
and i cud not find any option in the prefrences for automaticaly starting download when utorrent is started. is there some extension or plugin for this????

harmik

Journeyman
i am generally awake at 2am, so i can set azureus to start downloading then and sleep.

However, i want to automate the process of::
1. Stopping all Azureus downloads.
2. Then EXIT azureus, not simple Close it.
3. Then Shutdown the computer.
so, when i wake up later, computer will be off and i wont be charged for night downloads.
( as far as i know, modem restart isnt needed to start/end the night unlimited period....)

Couldnt figure out any way for 1st point. The SpeedScheduler plugin for Azureus doesnt work on my system (Vista x64). It doesnt initialize.
figured a way to 2nd point. i can use windows task scheduler to run azureus.exe with argument --closedown at 7:50am
and i think comp shutdown can be done thru task scheduler also. though, didnt try it.

Please help me out... thanks...

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
i donno abt utorrent

but if u hav direct link in idm....u can automate idm.....idm has capability to connect automatically by remebering username and password.....try the schedule feature....
after connecting

automate utorrent

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well I've more easier way. Get 512Kbps Unlimited plan and Go To sleep b1tch after turning your system on. My system is ON 24x7 dloading at speeds upto 58KBps and seeding at the rate of 62KBps. Peace of mind guaranteed:D
BTW I've configured my modem to Auto-Connect and uTorrent to Start at Startup so all I've to do is Switch on the UPS and Modem. Now I'm looking forward to not to do that manually, Full Automation baby :D

Last edited:

lalit_ngp

Broken In
plz download auto pc shutdown software...........u hv to just manually connect the internet connection at 2:00am thts it ....auto shutdown will be at 8:00 am sharp......im using it$$$

joe2005

Broken In
If for scheduling for downloading from rapidshare, I saw a tutorial.
*www.adorn-india.com/how to download from rapidshare using download managers during happy hours.htm

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yeah, even I have completely automated my 2-8 downloading. Hibernate to save power, wake up at 1:45, start download progs at 1:50, connect to net at 1:55, download start at 2:00, finish at 8:00, shut down at 8:15, and someone turns off UPS at 8:30 :D also if disconnect, reconnect. and if any bsod/restart anything like that schedule automatically resumes :D works for both http/ftp and torrent downloads.

P

paranj

the tutorial is awesome but i cant use it as i always keep my PC running.

ajaybc

Youngling
Even if u shutdown ur computer at 8 o clock.BSNL will count ur downloads till u disconnect the modem.So need to write a macro program to disconnect the modem at 7:45.And connect it at 2:10

i am generally awake at 2am, so i can set azureus to start downloading then and sleep.

However, i want to automate the process of::
1. Stopping all Azureus downloads.
2. Then EXIT azureus, not simple Close it.
3. Then Shutdown the computer.
so, when i wake up later, computer will be off and i wont be charged for night downloads.
( as far as i know, modem restart isnt needed to start/end the night unlimited period....)

Couldnt figure out any way for 1st point. The SpeedScheduler plugin for Azureus doesnt work on my system (Vista x64). It doesnt initialize.
figured a way to 2nd point. i can use windows task scheduler to run azureus.exe with argument --closedown at 7:50am
and i think comp shutdown can be done thru task scheduler also. though, didnt try it.

Please help me out... thanks...

y dont u use utorrent instead of azureus?
It is the best torrent client out there.
It has the scheduling feature.And it works all rite.
I use it for my nite downlaoding.

Last edited:

apoorva84

In the zone
i downloaded auto power on and shut down and i have configured it to start at 2.10am and my torrent client to start at 2.15am.

but before that, how can i use this to dial my connection? i use smartax mt882 modem provided by bsnl..

i read this article about autodial: *bsnl-dataone.blogspot.com/search?q=autodial

but if i change the wan settings to ppp from my existing bridged mode, torrent speeds drop..thats y i am asking how to autodial...

edit: i searched this forum and found out a way to autodial...just added it to my startup..

edit: adding it to my startup didnt work...had to download a small program called reconnect (mentioned by one of the forum users)..now it works like a charm....thank you all

Last edited:

aarons100

Right off the assembly line
i am using Home 500c . i have dlink 2640 T, how to automate the download in this case as i am using PPOe connection

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Use a batch file.

rasdial connectionname username password

rasdial connectionname /disconnect

Schedule the bat file.

ojha_riddhish

Broken In
I use JDownloader for automating downloads from a variety of hosts such as RS, HF, MF, MU, etc., even direct HTTP links and I don't have premium account of any host.
Thanks

pushkar

Journeyman
can i use standby mode instead of hibernation
Yes, you can use standby. It works for both standby and hibernation.

I don't know why you would want to use standby instead of hibernate though, since hibernate turns off the computer completely, unlike standby which keeps it in a low power state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom