Bsnl 2-8 download while u r asleep(my tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
planetcall said:
H250 ??? Never dream of this hack man. What happened with me by chance ! would be a reality for you. First migrate to H500 then think of doing this.

Caution:: The topic is only for H500 users Kindly attach this string to the first post else many here would end up paying hefty bills.

*www.smileyarchiv.net/durcheinander-erstaunt/durcheinander-erstaunt0061.gif

But wut is the difference b/w H250 and H500 plan??? Is it the bandwidth that you are referring to???

planetcall

Indian by heart
H250 plan refers to the plan which is of Rs250. It has 450 MB cap with no free usage time. Bandwidth is 256KbPS
H500 plan is worth Rs500 Monthly. It has 1GB cap with 2AM to 8AM free hour with uncapped usage.Bandwidth is 256KbPS

This thread is only for H500 people.

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
yup only 4 h500 and also my bill came...i had downloaded a total of 12GB durin october usin this method and i only hav to pay Rs 500 :D:D

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
hey blademast3r
will this work with a UT Starcom ut-300R modem

& auto power & shutdown is shareware no free alternatives???

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
The tutorial is good but I am using a Huawei MT 841 modem. One night I switched my PC off and turned my modem on at around 11:39, my modem is configured to automatically log in and start (PPOe mode) since u said the modem goes into standby mode I thought it would start recording the download time (login) at 2:15 which was the time I scheduled the PC to start. But the next day when I checked, it showed login time at 23:40 but at this time the pc was off so how can it be recording this time ?? Since my PC started at 2:15, the login time shud also be the same rite, thats what you were saying right ? When i checked the usage, i was charged for 28 mb and the rest free but how where did this 28 mb cm from ? My bandwith monitor showed total dloads as 460mb while bsnl site shows dloads as 480 mb ? Is it because I logged in early ? My pc automatically shut down at 7:15 too so how cm am i charged for 28 mb which I did'nt use.
BTW wen i start my modem with the pc off, only 2 leds are shown one green one for power and one orange one for link.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Its because your modem needs to establish a link with server. For that, it needs to exchange packets of data, which are very small(only upto a few kilobytes), and hence get recorded in your usage. The modem never enters into a standby mode though.

Savvy:!:

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
I understand the few kbs it has to exchange but its showing an extra 28 mb !!
OK please clarify this
If i start my modem before 2 am, and start downloading after 2 even though nothing is running before 2, will I be charged extra ? Does it make a difference if I login early or not ?

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Let me get this very clear to you:

The BSNL usage meter stops as soon as THEIR clock strikes 2AM and restarts at 8AM.
It doesnt matter to them whether you started at 00hrs or 1:59AM, all they know is that they're gonna charge you for any bandwith you use beyond those six hours.
TIP: Its generally better to schedule your pc to start downloading about 15 min later and stop about 10 min early, because for some reason or another, our IST configured timings never match with their server clocks.

Savvy:!:

knight17

In the zone
While I want to do stuff like this.
I will create a schedule to wake my PC from hibernation and tell it to call a script custom made by me (in AutoIT) for starting the download
And use auto shutdowner to shutdown

simple:)

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
jack// ani said:
dude...are you serious!! i never heard free rapidshare link queue....on the earth, you must be talking about premium link...

Its a software called rapget...try googling for it...

dynamicdude

Right off the assembly line
TechGuru#1 said:
These may Work for Torrents,but what abt those general "FREE" RS or any Host that offer d/l only with number punchers ?

u can use automated tools like usdownloader for rs files and links it has built in OCR

Vivek788

In the zone
Why all the fuss?I fu have to reap benefits work har and stay awake...as I did and lost my 500 plan and converted to 250.

chahal63

Broken In
hi friend I recieved ur solution on "bsnl 2 to 8 download while ur asleep"
I wanna know that how my modem automatically connects to internet after resuming hibernate state.The software u gave "auto power on" only turns on the comp, not the broadband connection.
And finally please tell me how to auto mate download my torrent files as I am using Opera for downloading Torrents file.

planetcall

Indian by heart
bitcomet is the fastest torrent client ever made! With the newer releases it has again repositioned its prestige which was challanged by the DHT bug. If you want an alternative then use Azureus, the ubiquitous leader of the torrent clients. It is the most reliable and feature rich client. People claim it is slow and memory intensive but i dont really see such thing. Firefox uses more memory than Azureus :p Java has its bad side regarding memory consumption but trust me, with the latest releases it has improved a great deal and the user interface has been awesome. :)

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
Is bitcomet faster than utorrent?? i dont think so...utorrent is more tweakable..and uses up like what 800kB of RAM!!!

planetcall

Indian by heart
heh its tested by many. bitcomet beats utorrent in speed. Tweakability is something i would not like to comment as I have not used both of them for about an year or so. But no doubt BC indeed is faster.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
tarey_g said:
stooopid electricity dept , powercut here from 6am to 8am . idiots , grrrr.
do u live anywhere in rajasthan??
it a daily Phenomena here but timming is good 8am-10am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom