Bsnl 2-8 download while u r asleep(my tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
I want to know how can i send my modem to sleep state bcoz it remains ON even after the system hibernates. the modem is Smartax MT882.

Josan

Gangsta
Goood MAn Great Work ,I realy need such s trick that could manage my night downloads ,,,,thanks

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Two questions no one is bothering to answer:

1. Will my modem work?
Ans: As long as you have a DataOne connection with happy hours, ANY modem will work. This is wholly a software based setup and the modem used is irrelevant.

2. How do I configure my computer to automatically connect to the internet?
Ans: Here is a step-by-step guide-
  • Rename your connection to 'DataOne'. (Start >> Connect to >> Show all connections. Select your connection and hit F2. Rename it to 'DataOne' without the quotes.)
  • Right click on your connection and select Properties. Change the Service Name to 'DataOne'. Hit OK.
  • Launch Notepad.
  • Type this: "rasdial DataOne <USERNAME> <PASSWORD>" [Leave out the quotes. Replace '<USERNAME>' with your username and '<PASSWORD>' with your... you get the drift.]
  • Ctrl + S. Name it 'Connect.bat' and change the file type to "All Files". Save it to some location you know.
  • Now open Scheduled Tasks from "Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools".
  • Double click on "Add Scheduled task" and hit Next. It will take some time now, regardless of how fast your computer is.
  • Hit on Browse and browse to the folder you saved the batch file in. Double click "Connect.bat".
  • Now do the following settings:
    Perform this task: Daily
    Start time: 02:15 AM
    Enter the password.
    Enable "Open advanced properties..." and hit Finish.
    Select the 'Schedule' tab and hit 'Advanced'. Here you can set the task to run several times during the night so that if the connection gets disconnected due to some reason, it will be re-connected. I would set it to re-connect every 15 minutes.
    Click on the 'Settings' tab and choose to 'Wake the computer to run this task'. Now you don't even need that software blademast3r asked you to download for booting your computer. The in-built task scheduler can do that and can also launch your torrent clients, etc.
Done! Simply hibernate your computer now and go to sleep. :)

All credit for this wonderful tutorial to mario_pant. Refer to the original tutorial here.

Hope that was useful!

Last edited:

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
Am unable to carry out any f d methods suggestd by u guyz in dis forum..:(

^^^^buddy d option "wake my computer" in d settings tab u r talkin abt isnt listed dere...i also tried d sftware given by bladmstr nd it says "your hardware doesnt support this function"..wat do i do ??...m a HOME 500 user

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
I am pretty sure that the tut by mario_pant and what everyone talks about is if you have a dialer for your internet connection(usb interface). However lot of us have it connected to the LAN port. Now thats something tricky to enable and disable. If someone can give a command for that , nice !

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Aha ! got a good tut on another forum(googled for it )
SO here goes :
Here is the router reboot method

I have tried this only on DLink DSL-502T router , this should work on any modem, I personally have no experience. I have tried this on my router atleast a 20 times now and there are no problems whatsoever but I'm in no way responsible if your hardware loses any or all of its functionality as a result of this method.

Go to Start > Run

type "telnet" without quotes

In the telnet window that opens, type "o 192.168.1.1" (o is for open) without quotes.

You will get a login prompt. Enter the login you use for the DLink router ronfiguration page. Enter the corressponding password on the next prompt. At # prompt, type "reboot" and press enter.

At this point, there will be a "Press any key to continue..." prompt in Telnet. Now, I'm not sure about this but knowing the flaky nature of DLink 502T, I would advise you not to do so until the router has rebooted completely and USB/Ethernet and ADSL Link lights have come back on. In any case, waiting is not going to hurt, better safe than sorry.

Meanwhile, if all goes well, router would have rebooted and you would be back online. Triband usage page at *register.bol.net.in will reflect the same. For your satisfaction, you can also check your IP address at WhatIsMyIP.com - 70.86.183.34, before and after the reboot to see if it has changed or not.

Scheduling:
For scheduling the reboot, download TST10 from winsite.com downloads. It is a tiny freeware Telnet utility with support for scripting. Extract the utility to a folder on your hard drive. e.g. C:\TST. In this folder, create a new text file. This is the file in which we will write the script for TST10, so name it anything you like e.g. reboot.txt. Edit this file in notepad and type the following. Remember to type the quotes as well and do not type the top and bottom lines, which I've added here only for clarity.

Start of script(don't type this line)----------------
Code:
192.168.1.1 23
WAIT "login"
SEND "login_id\m" (enter your login ID here)
WAIT "Password"
SEND "login_pass\m" (enter your password here)
WAIT "#"
SEND "reboot\m"
WAIT "#"
End of Script (don't type this line)-------------

192.168.1.1 is the address you use to access the router configuration. 23 is the port to which telnet connects. Replace "login_id" and "login_pass" with the login and password respectively, that you use to access the router configuration page from a browser. Remember, keep the \m after the id and pass.

Now create a scheduled task using the inbuilt Windows task scheduler.

Important: Create a task to run tst10.exe with the command line parameter /r:reboot.txt.

Important: Remember to set your firewall to always allow TST10.exe to connect to 192.168.1.1 otherwise it will not work.

Some of the steps above need you to login as administrator. Try it a a couple of times.

Copy-pasted from :Source

The login and pass will be admin by default.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
arrey ! not too much typing. First part is the testing.
Type cmd in the run dialog box
In the command prompt type telnet.
There type o 192.168.1.1
It will ask for login and pass. Its admin by default.
Then wait for the $ sign to come.
once that comes, type reboot. If you modem reboots all is fine !

The second part is just the automation part. It tool is a auto telnet scripter
Make a .txt file with the name reboot or any such approproate title and use the tool to run it every night around 0001 hrs. hopefully in one minute you don't download too much ;)

Update : I tested it one the Utstarcom UT 300R2U Modem also ( the white one that is given to delhi users)
Guide to port forward is also working for utorrent. Port Forward

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
OK, anyway. I don't use Windows anyway and have an unlimited connection.

I was just here to help you out. Glad you got a solution that works for you. :)

planetcall

Indian by heart
^^......reminds me of my old darling. A sturdy i810E. I sold that one about 2 years back and had bought it in 2001.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
akshaykapoor_3 said:
@aryayush

Its MERCURY 810e...yeh i got dis arnd 7 yrs back
I am not much of a wiz when it comes to hardware parts, but are you sure that ancient motherboard would support waking itself on a scheduled time?

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
^^^^ancient motherboard :D --> m happy i own smthng UNCOMMON !...lolzz..

yeh buddy m vry much satisfied wid its performance till date..rest even m nt dat techy dat i can b sure if it supports dis feature r nt...

@aryayush

ur tip regardin dat *.bat file was really gud...nw i dnt loose any f my MB's
thanks !

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
^^^^ancient motherboard :D --> m happy i own smthng UNCOMMON !...lolzz..

yeh buddy m vry much satisfied wid its performance till date..rest even m nt dat techy dat i can b sure if it supports dis feature r nt...

@aryayush

ur tip regardin dat *.bat file was really gud...nw i dnt loose any f my MB's
thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom