Bloggers' Corner

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Free WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe worth $49.95
Here is a good chance to get WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe absolutely FREE!! It is multi-functional video converter software, which supports converting all SD (Standard Definition) videos and HD (High Definition) videos. This is all in one video converter which will fulfill all your video converting needs. Normal price of this software is $49.95, but you can get it free.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
The Three Things I've Learned Lately

There’s not a lot happening around me these days. Still, learning is a thing that never stops. Here are three things I’ve learned over the past month or so:

The user really is the weakest link in anything that needs security:
I got myself a laptop bag and a small lock. To be absolutely safe during my journey, I locked the main pocket.....

Read It All!!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Disable Unwanted Daemons in Fedora for Faster Bootup & Memory Increments!

Whenever your Linux system boots up, certain daemons(equivalent of windows services) are loaded into the memory in background. These daemons provide certain functionalities & launch certain applications in some events. Daemons run in background all the time from bootup & get into action when a particular event happens on a system.

For E.g. You plug a pendrive in your computer & after a few seconds you see a nautilus window with the pendrive contents. This is due to the “HAL Daemon” which monitors the hardware & once it detects the new hardware i.e. pendrive in our case it reports to the GNOME about it & simultaneously mounts it & launches Nautilus. HAL is a critical daemon in a Linux system but not all others are & so we must disable them. Disabling unwanted daemons helps in freeding up valuable memory resources & also helps in making the boot faster. Some daemons when kept running also open up potential loopholes for hackers to exploit.

Read Entire Article

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Ubuntu 10.04 comes with Impressive Feature Set

A look at the new changes 7 features to be included in the upcoming Ubuntu 10.04 codenamed Lucid Lynx which is set to release on 29th April, 2010.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Hey guys,
please visit my college quizzing blog (*qbitmesra.blogspot.com).
I would appreciate constructive criticism. Also any general tips to improve the blog would be appreciated.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Chennai Life – Ep.4

Is this little mini-series turning out to be some sort of weekly soap? I hope not, because then I’ll have to down shutters and move to the mountains to regain my sanity!

Moar!

Top Bottom