Useful resources for GRE prep
Greet Death ! Blog Archive GRE preparation resources

Posted after 1 year :mrgreen::neutral::mrgreen:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The Pandemonium

A blog for Tech, music, gaming and pretty much everything. Just started.

Last edited:

varuog

Journeyman
Upload Photos to your Facebook Account straight from your desktop by just right-clicking on the picture(s) : TechRav: Upload Photos to Your Facebook Account with just a "Right-Click" ! !

slugger

Banned
created a mashup - uploaded it on youtube

YouTube - India's Nuclear Weapons Programme & delivery systems [Buddho Hesheche by Cactus]

please rate it

thanks

Krow

Crowman
^I didn't like that mashup much. Although the compilation is good, but it kind of feels directionless. :(

slugger

Banned
Open & read any PDF files on the Internet with Google Docs [and other reading tools]

Open & read any PDF files on the Internet with Google Docs [and other reading tools]

....But Adobe is bit of a bloatware. If you are in the habit of running multiple resource-intensive applications running in the background [CFD analysis, multimedia encoding] while surfing, not having to run Adobe to read a PDF file may not be a very bad prospect.....

Read the full post....

^I didn't like that mashup much. Although the compilation is good, but it kind of feels directionless. :(

thanks for your input. will keep it mind next time

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Visiting ThinkDigit forum after a relatively long time. Long gone are the days of 2006-08 when I used to visit every now and then. :(

Anyway, got some blog posts to share, though most of them will be regarded as 'offbeat'.

The Beginning of a Discovery
A post about how path to discoveries begin.

The Necessity of Observer
My approach to explain the necessity of observers.

A idiotic post about myself

Productivity and Customizability
Customizability and it's effect on productivity.

slugger

Banned
Take Hi-resolution detailed pictures with your cheap cellphone camera

Take Hi-resolution detailed pictures with your cheap cellphone camera

Had to send someone scans of an article today. With no more college, did not have access to a free scanner :D & doing it from a commercial place would have cost me 5 bucks a scan - a loot I'd say.

Anyway, I have a Nokia C3-00 which comes with a fairly decent 2 MP camera. It took reasonable pictures of the pages - served the purpose.

However, if you have a much lesser costing cellphone that comes with a lower resolution camera, like a VGA camera, you can still produce hi-resolution, detailed pictures using it.

Read the full post ....

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Firefox: Open Multiple Websites With One Click

This is a small tutorial which I wrote by putting together some tips from Mozilla’s knowledge base. It takes only a couple of minutes and saves a lot of your valuable time.

Suppose you have 5-6 or more websites that you visit when you fire up your browser. What you’d normally do is that you would open a new tab manually for each site, then type in the address/select from your bookmarks. Pretty tedious, eh? In this tutorial, we’ll see how we can get Firefox to do the boring stuff for you. All you need to do is tweak a few settings, after which you can open tabs for all your must-visit-daily websites with ONE click. Sounds good? Let’s get our hands dirty, then.

Read It HERE!

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
There was another source from a printed media who recommended 125w hexacore on a sad board with 4 pin atx (worse, the board comes with an imprint “140w CPU support”) with no MOSFET sink and a 4+1 phase. Now even if we point out such facts infront of them, they’re simply not going to listen. Worse they’ll throw couple of fancy/big words to make us go “lolwut” and pose infront of a camera in such a way that the media source who made this “meet” happen will say in the cute manner “Mr so-and-so from so-and-so company was able to handle all the technical questions effortlessly”. Yeah…right!!! Some of those articles were pulled down (obviously either they will say its our imagination or some articles “accidentally” disappeared when they shift servers- yeah the usual one).

4870x2 ON Quad crossfire? 125/140w CPU support? With 4 pin ATX connector? The jazz about 32 PCIE lane? O RLY??? | Rants and the awesomeness!

slugger

Banned
SoundMagic earphones - poor build quality [hardware to avoid]

SoundMagic earphones - poor build quality [hardware to avoid]
....much against my & a few other's good senses, I decided to purchase a pair of SoundMagic's PL-11 in-ear canal headphones to go with my C3-00.

True to Chinese reputation, yesterday, in less than 3 months from the date of purchase, the ear phones stopped working

Read the full post....

Some other stuff I've posted on my Blog

RAF Harrier Jump Jet fighter aircraft - the last of flights [Video]

Prototype supersonic Nuclear-capable long range Bomber aircraft, XB-70 Valkyrie [weekend viewing]

Donkeys, education, virus, The Eurofighter etc [suggested weekend reading]

Annotate any webpage with your comments, additional information or rebuttals [fisking made easy]

Light Combat Aircraft [LCA] Tejas: the people & their pursuit (weekend reading)

China's stealth aircraft Chengdu J-20: What are they saying

Space Shuttle Launch video footages - the best of the best

Suggested Weekend reading 2010.12.26

Hi-res pictures of the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft [FGFA], PAK-FA [T-50]

slugger

Banned

Unmanned Aerial Vehicles [UAV] by Aurora Integrated Systems [Indian Startup]

India's Light Combat Aircraft [LCA], Tejas [Wallpaper-sized pictures]

Some stuff from my YouTube channel

YouTube - India's Naval Light Combat Aircraft [LCA-Navy] - unique features & flight testing, Capt. Maolankar

YouTube - Improving Minimum Control Speed [VMC] of aircrafts using Fly-By-Wire flight control system

YouTube - Urban View Unmanned Aerial Vehicle [UAV] by Indian Startup company, Aurora Integrated Systems

YouTube - Integrating Western weapons & systems on Russian aircraft - IAF experience [Aero India 2011]

YouTube - India-based Neutrino Observatory [INO]: A presentation

YouTube - Lockheed Martin's C-130J aircraft re-engine programme: challenges & results [Aero India 2011]

YouTube - Chief of Russia's flight test agency: India's indigenous Turbofan Engine, Kaveri

YouTube - Indian perspective on Manned Space Missions - reasons & necessary Technologies [Aero India 2011]

YouTube - Saab Aerospace & Defence Company - Company profile, Hakan Buschke, CEO [Aero India 2011]

YouTube - Flight testing aircraft prototypes & their sub-systems - Russian methodology [Aero India 2011]

YouTube - Aerospace Technologies & Success through Global Cooperation - P Soundar Rajan, HAL [Aero India 2011]

YouTube - Emerging Aerospace Technologies & Boeing's partnerships in India - Dinesh Keskar [Aero India 2011]

YouTube - Changing landscape of global Aerospace and Defence industry - Anand Mahindra [Aero India 2011]

Top Bottom