Bloggers' Corner

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Ads are the reason Internet is alive dude.
I know that, even I use ads on my site. But sometimes they become really annoying. In many places, overuse of ads and MFA sites makes hell out of users. My own frustrations on these ads drove me to write that article.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
Fellow Bloogers,

Im helping a friend with his first blog, he intends to promote his "neighborhood" store with it.

Firstly, is it allowed to promote a business on the free blogs of word press\blog spot?

Secondly he goes by the name of ****** communications and that's getting difficult for him in naming the blog. some trials like **comm, **cm dont cut..

Please contribute your creative juices. thank you

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Im helping a friend with his first blog, he intends to promote his "neighborhood" store with it.
Yes, he can promote anything(except illegal activities). But the actual question you should have asked is "Will his blog get enough traffic to *REALLY* promote some local store"?
Please note, when I say REALLY, I mean will his blog be able to really increase the sales of some local store. I do not want you or your friend to have illusions, so I prefer to tell the reality without any tact or diplomacy: The probability that it shall work is ZERO. Call me a cynic if YOU *really* think it would work!

And may I ask you if that "neighborhood" store is actually your friend's own store?

Secondly he goes by the name of ****** communications and that's getting difficult for him in naming the blog. some trials like **comm, **cm dont cut..
I don't get this completely. Do you mean that the name contains some vulgar word which is censored?

Now that this topic has come-up, I will like to add something more, which may not be really relevant to your question: For advertising or promotion to work, you need really large population, unless you are in a highly classified niche. Unless you have a FMCG product or essential service, even advertising you product to 1000 people is highly insufficient to generate viable sales. I hope you get my point :D

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
- 10 best ways to repurpose your IPODs ..... If you think your Ipod has grown old you need to replace that with a new one. Hold on b4 you throw it away in a garbage can.
Read this how can you repurpose it...

HERE YOU GO !!

Wow, I havent yet met anyone who would throw away a working iPod in garbage!

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes, he can promote anything(except illegal activities). But the actual question you should have asked is "Will his blog get enough traffic to *REALLY* promote some local store"?
Please note, when I say REALLY, I mean will his blog be able to really increase the sales of some local store. I do not want you or your friend to have illusions, so I prefer to tell the reality without any tact or diplomacy: The probability that it shall work is ZERO. Call me a cynic if YOU *really* think it would work!

I appreciate the honesty. It will certainly not boost the sales by 500% but even if it gives a 5% increase it would be fine with him specially with this kind of "investment".

And may I ask you if that "neighborhood" store is actually your friend's own store?

Let's just say he manages the technical department at the Store

I don't get this completely. Do you mean that the name contains some vulgar word which is censored?

No vulgarities, his name is like "victor communications" thus difficult for domain name

Now that this topic has come-up, I will like to add something more, which may not be really relevant to your question: For advertising or promotion to work, you need really large population, unless you are in a highly classified niche. Unless you have a FMCG product or essential service, even advertising you product to 1000 people is highly insufficient to generate viable sales. I hope you get my point :D

Convenience is the only thing of why he wants to start a Business Blog. He's trying to cash in on power of Search and sites like local.google.com and others

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
LINK: *www.w3hobbyist.com/php-mysql/validating-email-addresses-without-regular-expressions/

Disable the “Downloads” window in Firefox when starting a download

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Those in Bangalore interested in checking out Street Fighter IV before launch, here is your chance.

*theangrypixel.com/blog/2009/02/17/live-in-bangalore-play-street-fighter-4-before-everyone-else/

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I appreciate the honesty. It will certainly not boost the sales by 500% but even if it gives a 5% increase it would be fine with him specially with this kind of "investment".
5% is TOO MUCH. I doubt even if it will provide 0.05%.

Let's just say he manages the technical department at the Store
No comments

No vulgarities, his name is like "victor communications" thus difficult for domain name
Is the domain name already taken? What about country levels like .co.in, .in, etc?

Convenience is the only thing of why he wants to start a Business Blog. He's trying to cash in on power of Search and sites like local.google.com and others
In 99.99% cases, success is inversely related to the ease of doing things.

I think your friend must have read some American or English blog and thats where he got the idea from. But this in India and it will takes decades for his "business blog" to convert into mere 0.05%.

On the other hand, if you friend is so much interested, pitch him with the idea of an online store. That will see more conversion for him, if he does it properly.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Guys I am a newbee in blogging and recently i have created my first blog . I will keep on updating my blog , just hoping to get some ads . Any suggestions are welcomed .
blog is *compressedgames-all.blogspot.com/

shri

Always Fresh!
The Gun markets of pakistan

Check out the video from a journalist who visited the north west frontier province in pak. A truly shocking video.

vandit

In the zone
First experience with dell tech support !!

Recently my dell studio's DVD drive went kaput so I called up dell support and.....

*vandit007.blogspot.com/2009/02/experience-with-dell-customer-care.html

Top Bottom