Best Value for money Desktop within 85k

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
@Furious: Sure you are welcome to my place!
@Gaurav: I really did not expect this reaction from the community. I was wondering how bad you people were going to flame me for not getting GTX 570. But instead you all are waiting for pics! God! I am speechless!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Now this thread is moving towards 'What form of dance does he know?' kinda thread... :D :D

No offense meant, just for fun.

Now this thread is moving towards 'What form of dance does he know?' kinda thread... :D :D

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

well your point is correct. but lordirecto has ordered his rig and i think we (read: you, me and many others), as hardworking digitians, can afford some relaxation etc. :oops:

i mean this thread is unofficially over. just waiting for the pictures.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, regarding price in Kolkata, if anything is not available then that is different thing, but if the product is available then it will have definitely less price from any of the Online shops.

I have built my whole rig from Kolkata and it is almost 5K less than the online price of those components of that time, 1 year back.

Regarding cards, ya, most of the dealers have XFX cards but as I way if you wander a little, you can find cards from Sapphire, powecolor etc.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
take detailed pics while you're at it. :mrgreen:

looks like we're on the same boat man. :oops:

Sure, you prefer HD res for the pics??

Lol!! Yeah.. Seems people are ready to teach me to dance now :D

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

well your point is correct. but lordirecto has ordered his rig and i think we (read: you, me and many others), as hardworking digitians, can afford some relaxation etc. :oops:

i mean this thread is unofficially over. just waiting for the pictures.

Pics will be posted on the same day the components arrive :)

react on water cooling? :-D

no problem yaar:mrgreen:

Yeah.. Water cooling, GTX 560 TI and Asus P8P67 DELUXE mobo.. I have completely changed what you suggested me in the start.. Tell me what you think!!

d3p

PowerHouse
@Lord: Awesome purchase.

BTW you have selected HAF-X with the same cooler which i have i.e H70 Just awesome man.

Enjoy your waitings as well as Keep us updated once you get everything.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
@Lord: Awesome purchase.

BTW you have selected HAF-X with the same cooler which i have i.e H70 Just awesome man.

Enjoy your waitings as well as Keep us updated once you get everything.

No dude, I have not selected HAF X. I have selected NZXT Phantom. You are correct about the H 70.

Sure I will keep you all updated :)

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
UPDATE:
I guess this thread will be alive for another month :!:

The latest happening is that the order I had placed with theitdepot was getting to late, and so I had to make a very tough decision of cancelling my order with them.
I noticed that the price of NZXT Phantom had changed on the very next day I enquired about that specific cabinet. It was 8.2k before I enquired and it became 8.3k after I enquired. The most baffling aspect is that the price rose exactly the day after I had enquired about the cabinet. That made me suspicious about the pricing of the components that they have on their web site.
The end result is that, I cancelled the order, after waiting for about 8 days(5 working days, precisely). At the time of placing the order, I was promised that the components that I ordered will be delivered in 3 days(plus or minus 2 days for shipping), which was not the case.
I also would like to add that we, as forum members, should start a thread(and sticky it) about various dealers in India. The reason is that, I do not want other people to waste their time like I have so far.

It seems that B3 stepping motherboards from Asus is available in India, but is not for sale. SMC has told me that they will be able to get the B3 stepping motherboard for me only by the end of this month. So the question is, is Asus in the process of replacing the boards that they have already sold and do not want to sell to any new clients?
I also sent a mail to Asus regarding my order with SMC, and so far they have not replied to me at all. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Asus and speed up the process of getting my Asus P8P67 DELUXE?
It really is very annoying to wait with only half my components en route to me and the other half is completely available-but-unavailable(pun intended).

Last edited:
UPDATE:
I guess this thread will be alive for another month :!:

The latest happening is that the order I had placed with theitdepot was getting to late, and so I had to make a very tough decision of cancelling my order with them.
I noticed that the price of NZXT Phantom had changed on the very next day I enquired about that specific cabinet. It was 8.2k before I enquired and it became 8.3k after I enquired. The most baffling aspect is that the price rose exactly the day after I had enquired about the cabinet. That made me suspicious about the pricing of the components that they have on their web site.
The end result is that, I cancelled the order, after waiting for about 8 days(5 working days, precisely). At the time of placing the order, I was promised that the components that I ordered will be delivered in 3 days(plus or minus 2 days for shipping), when I placed the order, which was not the case.
I also would like to add that we, as forum members, should start a thread(and sticky it) about various dealers in India. The reason is that, I do not want other people to waste their time like I have so far.

It seems that B3 stepping motherboards from Asus is available in India, but is not for sale. SMC has told me that they will be able to get the B3 stepping motherboard for me only by the end of this month. So the question is, is Asus in the process of replacing the boards that they have already sold and do not want to sell to any new clients?
I also sent a mail to Asus regarding my order with SMC, and so far they have not replied to me at all. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Asus and speed up the process of getting my Asus P8P67 DELUXE?
It really is very annoying to wait with only half my components en route to me and the other half is completely available-but-unavailable(pun intended).

ah yes man. serious issues these. :sad:
definitely need new thread regarding the deliberate incompetency of dealers in India.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@lordirecto

I know how hard it is. :oops:

But AFAIK theitdepot is one of the best shop IMO. I never had a issue with them and i suggested that to my friends and no one ever came up with such issues.

BTW What are u planning to do next?

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
@Gaurav: I do hope some mod will look into our thread and start a experience thread on various online dealers.

@furious: I would love to agree with you furious, but my experience is otherwise. Since you have gone to the extent of telling that theitdepot is one of the best shops, I think it will be unfair if I do not voice what things I feel are negative about them.

1. When I called them about placing my order, they did not inform me about unavailability of stocks, which is very important for people who want to get components within a very small space of time.
2. After I placed my order, they went to the extent of promising that my components will be delivered to me in 3 days. I do agree they can give an assurance, but an assurance should be true, and never be based on probability.
3. Three days passed, I was under the assumption that I will get my components on the very next day or a day after.
4. Fifth day passed. No one contacted me about the delay.
5. I called them on seventh day. And all that they told me was that they are expecting the component on the same day or the next.
6. Eighth day, when I called them(I mailed them on the previous night that I wanted to cancel my order, as I lost my patience.) to tell them that I was disappointed about their service, they only tried to convince me that they will ship the component and I will be able to get it on monday. They did not even tell me one word that they were sorry for the inconvenience they had caused me.

They fail extremely and perfectly hard when it comes to keep the client informed. To be very honest, the only reason I decided to order with theitdepot was that they will be able to ship my components on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.