Best Value for money Desktop within 85k

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Thanks for that piece of info. jas.

@ lordirecto

Check as much dealers as you can and don't just depend on one. If everything fails, you have smc as the last option always. All products are beautifully priced there with taxes and jaskanwar just clarified the shipping charges.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Shipping is not included, although the minimum shipping charge is very low in SMC. For Mobo, processors it is 100 bucks for 2 to 4 day shipping.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Thanks for the info on SMC.
Honestly getting info on component prices is slower than I expected.
I was told that Asus P8P67 is available, and so far Asus has not announced anything about the B3 stepping. So does it mean the board that is available has faulty chipsets?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^we will tell you when its available.

cilus as you bought now might be they now removed it from their price but at my time it was included :-D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think the shipping charge depends. i was charged 300 bucks on the shipping of my monitor & 0 on processor, mobo & hard drive.

rchi84

In the zone
@OP dude Theitdepot is way overpriced on all components. Don't take their word for it. A decent dealer is Delta Peripherals who are based in Chennai. Their website is at Delta - The Best in IT in INDIA

Their prices are ok on most things, But you'll have to call them up to find out the rates on graphics cards. Chennai-Coimbatore shipping shouldn't be that high, esp if you throw in a free trip to OOTY ;)

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Well, looks like Asus has atlast released their B3 stepping rectified motherboard! Hmmm I wonder how many days it will take for it to hit Indian shores.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Does any one know when the prices for the components I have mentioned change? Since I am waiting for Asus P8P67 motherboard, which is yet to be released in India, I am not sure if the prices will stay the same.
So I need to know if prices will be changed. If so, when?
Or is it better for me to buy all the components that are available and wait for P8P67?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Whether you want to wait or buy the available components immediately is your call. Just make sure you get the b3 revision boards. Its not at all hard to distinguish cause it will be clearly wriiten on top of the motherboard's cover.

Btw, many happy returns to u mate. Wish you a very happy birthday. God bless you.:smile:

Last edited:
OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
^ I am in the process of buying all the available components, just to make sure I do not end up over shooting my budget. Thanks for the heads up about the B3 stepping.

Thank you very much, btw, how did you find out it was my birthday?

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
^ Thank you Jas. I just noticed that feature on forum list page. Its cool!

I want to confirm one aspect. I just pulled out my APC 500 ES UPS to find out that the maximum rated output supported by my UPS is 300 W. What I would like to know is, is it possible to convert my existing UPS to provide a better back up by connecting a secondary cell in series?
I do know I have mentioned a 1000 VA UPS in my config, but I am thinking of ways to cut cost.
If I can convert my existing UPS, then I can save the money for the UPS and invest it in a better RAM. So, does anyone know about connecting a UPS in series with a secondary cell?

d3p

PowerHouse
@ Lordirecto: Happy Belated B-Day

I hope you understand the working of a cell & can able to identify the Positive [+ ve] terminals & negative [-ve] terminals in it.

So please refer the below drawings or attachments.

View attachment 4164

View attachment 4165

If you can't able to understand then create a new thread out of it & i can explain you.

Last edited:
OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
@dep5kor: Thank you!

I do understand the working of Series and Parallel circuits. What I want to confirm is as follows,

1. My current UPS' maximum rated power output is 300W, so can it deliver the increased power demand of almost 500W when I connect it to my yet-to-arrive PC?
2. How does simply connecting a secondary cell[liquid battery] to existing UPS increase it maximum output wattage?
3. Wont the 300W UPS circuit blow if it constantly operates at 500W load?

As for setting up the UPS system once my above questions are confirmed, I plan to contact a liquid battery dealer and get it installed at my place.

masterkd

Padawan
afaik increasing cells will increase the backup time but it will not increase the VA output, hence, wattage will not increase!!

d3p

PowerHouse
@lordirecto : You want to increase the back up time or increase the VA output ??

Every battery comes with a different charging current capacity & based on that we or developer decides what should be the wattage of the charging Circuit.

As you want to use a 500w output with 300w UPS, it can handle it, but for lesser time.

So if you have a Battery with higher VA like 12V 150AH or 75AH, it will give a huge time in terms of Hours.

But problem with existing UPS will be, when your battery gets complete discharge then charging it back will take a huge time for your APC.

Refer any internet Browsing centre, they use just a mere 800VA & 150AH battery, which gives them a back-up time of hours for 4-8 PC's.

One more thing, in trains the power socket provides only 110v, but still why are you able to operate your Laptop or Mobile with it. because the current provided in trains are much higher from home.

What does it means by battery discharging ??

Let say a 1.5v pencill battery gets discharged, it means 1.5v is still available, but no charge or Current is available in it.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
I just went through some web sites that offered battery back up services.

@dep: I need to have a back up of 3 to 4 hours. But I am worried that my 300W UPS wont be able to withstand the higher wattage drain of up to 500W, so I was asking if I needed to change my UPS itself.
To be more precise, in Tamil Nadu we have a mandatory power cut for 3 hours everyday. I do not know about other states. So I need to make sure my PC does not go kaput because of an incompetent Electricity Board in my state.
So from the above situation, my battery back up must be able to recharge before the power cut next time while still providing me with 3 to 4 hours running time. I hope what I have explained makes sense and is understandable.
Now can you tell me what to do? Or tell what are the best choices to go about, and then I can pick the best solution that is feasible for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom