Best Value for money Desktop within 85k

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3p

PowerHouse
Ok, Don't worry in that case take a inverter or contact the resellers of inverters, they will guide as well as you will provide proper support.

masterkd

Padawan
@lordirecto, you better go for inverter which will be a better solution..just make sure your inverter is full sine!!
@dep5kor, you didn't replied to my ques.

d3p

PowerHouse
^ya 500va can handle 500w but that will provide much lesser amperage..isn't it?? is that good??

Sorry i didn't read this BTW.

A 500w rated output smps doesn't mean, it should always draw 500w from it.

It has some idle case & max output case.

Moreover i mentioned the backup time will be lesser, it means it may be in seconds or hardly in two minutes also.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Just for an update, I have placed my order of almost all components with SMC. The components I ordered are as follows,

Corsair CWC H70 Liquid Cooler for CPU INR5,600.00
Glacialtech GP AX 950 AA (950 Watts PSU) INR7,900.00
MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC INR15,500.00
Asus P8P67 DELUXE Socket 1155 INR16,500.00
Gskill 8GB 1600 DDR3 INR5,100.00
Intel Core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge INR11,800.00
Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard INR3,700.00
Benq E2220 22" LCD Monitor INR8,500.00
Seagate Sata 500 GB INR1,800.00

I spoke with the SMC guy over phone for over an hour to make him understand that there is a B3 stepping version for Asus mobo. In the end he assured me that he will send me the B3 stepping version with out fail.

Now I know I have changed my config a bit, I opted for MSi GTX 560 Ti because I wanted to go for liquid cooling and 8 GB RAM and DELUXE version mobo. I realised that 4GB RAM will not be enough for me to run my simulation software after I tried running the same software on my friend's computer.

I was told that ordering a motherboard separately will have a courier charge of 600 by surface and 1000 by air, for my city. So SMC does charge for courier a lot if I order things just piece by piece.

As for ordering/getting components from local dealers, I must say that out of 28 computer stores that I visited in Coimbatore, only 5 of them could recognize G.Skill RAM. Most dealers did not even get back to me after they noted my configuration, which I do not understand why.

The best high end computer dealer in my city, called Navkar Infotech, was extremely persistent that NZXT Phantom cabinet was a waste of money and I should consider buying CoolerMaster HAF X @ 12.8k. Also he told me that Intel 1155 socket was a failure and I should opt for Asus Sabertooth mobo based on X58 chipset. Then he started lecturing me that CoolerMaster HX 750W is equivalent to GlacialTech 950W, which I still do not understand how. He was asking me why I needed a modular PSU even after repeatedly explaining to him that I needed a good looking cabinet. In the end he told me that there is no company called Noctua in this world. He then went to the extent of suggesting me a config that was about 1.3 lakhs and almost all components were based on CoolerMaster and based on X58 chipset.

I can go on and on about the so-called-computer-buying-experience in my city, but I do hope I have made my point.

I have ordered my NZXT Phantom cabinet from theitdepot.com as they had priced @ 8360, which was 100 rupees less than primeabgb.com at the time I placed my order.

I am waiting for my components to be delivered as I was told that it will take atleast 7 days for all the components to crawl to my place. I will update my first post once I get all my components.

As for the total money I have spent so far, it is a bit more than 84k with out courier charges for all components. It crosses 86k if you include courier charges.

Let me know what you think about my purchase.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Its a great purchase dude. That psu can easily handle a gtx 560 sli in future.

Post pics when you get your components delivered.:smile:

Last edited:
Corsair CWC H70 Liquid Cooler for CPU INR5,600.00
Glacialtech GP AX 950 AA (950 Watts PSU) INR7,900.00
MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC INR15,500.00
Asus P8P67 DELUXE Socket 1155 INR16,500.00
Gskill 8GB 1600 DDR3 INR5,100.00
Intel Core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge INR11,800.00
Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard INR3,700.00
Benq E2220 22" LCD Monitor INR8,500.00
Seagate Sata 500 GB INR1,800.00
NZXT Phantom INR8,360.00

yummy config man. subbed and waiting for pics. :twisted:

get your camera ready. and get a tripod. :mrgreen:

I can go on and on about the so-called-computer-buying-experience in my city, but I do hope I have made my point.

I wonder how Kolkata will be like when it comes to buying my new PC. :-|
If its like your city then I might just have to kill a few people.....for their utter idiocy. :evil:

P.S. Sent you friend invite.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Gaurav kolkata is a wonderful place to buy computer hardware. You will find components similar or cheaper than online prices.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I agree. In Kolkata, if you wander Ganesh Chandra Avenue for 1 day and visit some shops, you will be astonished to find and the variety of products are available and at very cheap price compared to any Online shops.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Gaurav kolkata is a wonderful place to buy computer hardware. You will find components similar or cheaper than online prices.

:rofl:

Vicky, i hope you are not serious.

But few members here like tkin and others were complaining that Kolkata is not so good when it comes for h/w purchase. Even most of the dealers only have XFX and Palit in stock. But your stmt is completely different

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
@Vicky: Thanks! Sure I will post pics once I get my components delivered....

@Gaurav: My camera is ready already :D
I do hope your buying experience will be better than mine.

I got a call from SMC just now as I was typing this reply, my B3 stepping motherboard will be acquired by SMC tomorrow. So he will be shipping me the components tomorrow, which will take 5 to 6 days to crawl to me. I do agree that SMC has a better response that most dealers I have ever met in my life.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ you'd have consulted with damngoodman before you order SMC. He knows some good dealers in ur city and he used to get whatever he orders. :D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
:rofl:

Vicky, i hope you are not serious.

But few members here like tkin and others were complaining that Kolkata is not so good when it comes for h/w purchase. Even most of the dealers only have XFX and Palit in stock. But your stmt is completely different

No man i am serious. Though i am not from kolkata but our forum member cilus is from there. He got me a corsair cx 400 for my uncle @ 2.5k including taxes whereas online prices where 2.7k excluding taxes.

Amd processors are also priced cheaper in kolkata especially vedant computers. You can also do a bit of bargaining with these guys.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
i always used to hear people complaining that the dealers are only stocking the XFX and Palit products most. This is the first time, i come to hear a positive thing abt Kolkata.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
^^ you'd have consulted with damngoodman before you order SMC. He knows some good dealers in ur city and he used to get whatever he orders. :D

damngoodman? Hmmm.. Never heard of him before, also I do not think he replied to my thread. And no one told me about any members from my city!! SO UNFAIR!!!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
He is an old member but still he used to browse here very often. I never seen the location in your profile. If i've seen earlier, i'd have informed u abt him.

BTW nice purchase bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom