Best Value for money Desktop within 85k

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Asus gtx 570 is great. If you can't find it or have problems in availability, grab the Msi gtx 570. Check Here for prices.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Do you think I can get Asus GTX 570 and the Asus P8P67 directly from Asus? Does any one have such an experience?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ You can't get directly from a distributor but from a retailer. Distributor of Asus in india are "Rashi Peripherals". Contact your nearest retailer and ask for prices and availability. If possible have a chat with Rashi guys.

abirthedevil

In the zone
@lordirecto which linux distro did you try installing? some distro's cannot run GUI installation because of VGA incompatibility so you may need to do a text based installation, i am presently running a modified ubuntu 10.10 (ultimate ubuntu), had problem with GUI install so just booted up the live CD and installed from desktop and drivers can be had from AMD's site but have to tell you they are BAD, when installing the driver i couldnt run it in terminal for some reason and in graphical installation i had no text :(

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
@vicky: Rashi? Now I am having second thoughts about getting Asus GTX. I am considering Sparkle and MSi, both seem to be priced at 22,500 on the internet. Which I hope will be a bit more cheaper when I get through a dealer. Asus seem to have discontinued the production of their GTX 570, check their web site.

@abi: I tried to install Red Hat Linux. The problem I had was that it over wrote the entire boot sector. Making it impossible for me to have a dual boot configuration with Windows. Trying over and over did not improve things. I hope I wont have this problem as I plan to have a HDD dedicated for Linux once I get my PC.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
what are you saying? :-D how can asus discontinue producing 570.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Graphics Cards - ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5

ASUS Direct CU II looks simple and awesome.

Last edited:
OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
I do not find it on this page
*in.asus.com/AllProducts.aspx?PG_ID=r3EWBZcGQvxHvrb4.
What you are showing is a cranked up version. I just need the reference version.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@vicky: Rashi? Now I am having second thoughts about getting Asus GTX. I am considering Sparkle and MSi, both seem to be priced at 22,500 on the internet. Which I hope will be a bit more cheaper when I get through a dealer. Asus seem to have discontinued the production of their GTX 570, check their web site.

Buddy that direct cu version of 570 is on of the absolute best versions of gtx 570 out there. Get it eyes closed. No issues at all. Rashi guys at your place will give full support. No worries on that part. Msi is priced at 20k in smc and not 22k. So you might get it below 20k from a dealer if you are good at bargaining.Give sparkle a last option in case you don't find asus or msi which is highly unlikely imo.

Get the Asus gtx 570 direct cu eyes closed as its much cooler than the reference version and is a terrific card. You also get more overclocking headroom from it and might reach gtx 580 performance levels.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
@jas: Yeah, might be true that they have not updated the web site.

@vicky: The web site I looked into for the price of MSi and Asus was theitdepot.com.
They have mentioned the price of Asus GTX 570 as 26,160. This is the link
I sure dont understand how Zotac version of GTX 570 is 29775 on the same web site.

Are they over pricing all the products that they sell?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Even that price is too much for a GTX 580 as its 27k now. The link u have given is a reference board and is not direct cu 570. Must be an old link and prices are not updated.

Check with your local distributor and meanwhile i will try and find out the exact price. It shouldn't be more than 21k imo.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
I do not think people are going to believe this, but this is the pricing I got from a local dealer.

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 12k
Asus P8P67 @ 11k
Noctua NH U12P SE2 @ 3.8k
Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2*2GB @ 3.5k
Asus GTX570 Direct CU II @ 28k & MSi GTX 570 Reference version @ 22.5k
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 2.1k
Glacialtech GP AX 950 AA Modular @ 8.5k
NZXT Phantom Black Edition @ 9.4k
DELL Ultrasharp U2311H @ 14.8k
Logitech G110 @ 4.5k
LG 22x Sata DVD @ 0.9k
APC 1000VA @ 5.8k

Total -
104.3 k for Asus GTX
98.8 k for MSi GTX

I really want to know if this dealer is trolling me, or is this the prices of the components? The dealer says that all component prices have gone up as there is a shortage for computer hardware following the Intel P67 design flaw.
I am in the process of getting in touch with other dealers in my city to get more price details.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ lordirecto

Man at 28k 570 is even pricier than gtx 580. Grab the msi version from smc. Far cheaper than your local dealer. Order online from smc. Psu is also expensive and jas mentioned, other components including cabinet and ram are also overpriced.

DON'T BUY FROM THAT DEALER. HE IS PLANNING TO LOOT AND DUPE YOU.

d3p

PowerHouse
I believe the ASUS 570 sounds 580 for the retailer to quote a price like that ??
S*rew these retailers.

Hold your urge of getting this awesome hardware, do try to contact other dealer.
If possible contact Chennai retailers or Bangalore [whichever is nearer].

Worst Case try Bargaining [Jaago Grahak Jaago Policy.]

Don't even think of buying online, coz the Shipping cost also includes & RMA is very much Pain in the As*, untill unless you don't have any other GO.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^Actually rma can be done by any local distributor in your city even if you order online. Lets say you ordered an msi board from smc international and it went kaput for some reasons. It can easily be serviced at the nearest msi distribuor and service centre.

In my place, its "Neureric" and these guys service msi boards bought from anywhere across india. So RMA is not at all a problem ordering online.

Talk about shipping, it only 100 bucks for most of the components at smc and they quote their prices including taxes. So its absolutely safe and one may get a better deal too.

They are selling razer cyclosa combo @ 2.2k only. So a great deal actually.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
I contacted another dealer today and he said that he will "mail" me the prices of the components that I needed. He said that he will mail me by today evening, but so far I have not received his mail. Calling him does not help as he is not picking his phone.
Should I go back to him and ask for the prices? Or seek out another dealer? Do dealers have this kind of approach to giving out prices?

I am really confused and disappointed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom