Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Srinivas kumar

Right off the assembly line
Hi

I want to buy an assembled desktop . with budget range 20k to 25 k.
My use would be for Gaming and movies .
so plz suggest me some configs.

Piyush

Lanaya
^^can you make a thread and fill this form to ease things up?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Topgear, and Corsair XMS 3 4gig stick costs 2.5k , confirmed . :)

and i have to go for a p67 huh ? costs 10k+ ! Well atleast the have Sli support and USB 3.0 ! oh and are there any intel p67 mobos ? cause i didnt find any on itdepot or itwares or techshop . guess i'll have to go with i5 2500k itself . :)

And roughly how far off is i5 2500k from i7 2600k (performance -wise) ? :)

If you're only talking about gaming then not much as these two OCs fairly well and is neck to neck.

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
It pure gaming for now and in a few months animation . but the problem is i cant go for i7 now as my mobo price just jumped up 6 k ! but i checked OCClub and performance wise i5 is a hell of a lot , bang for buck wise . wish i could go for the i7 though :)

tkin

Back to school!!
It pure gaming for now and in a few months animation . but the problem is i cant go for i7 now as my mobo price just jumped up 6 k ! but i checked OCClub and performance wise i5 is a hell of a lot , bang for buck wise . wish i could go for the i7 though :)
Well, for gaming its ok, but for animation and other media rendering the 2600k with HT is a sure bliss.

itisravishankar

tech master
I need 10 low-power and low-cost systems for my office. These will only be used for office applications and internet and such (no gaming/media-editing).

I found the reviews for AMD E-350 to be quite good, at least it appeared better than Atom to me. Are there any nettops/systems available in India based on the platform? And what is their price? Or where the different parts can be found so I can get them assembled myself?

ssengupta

Broken In
Well it is very costly atm. It is being sold as proccy+mobo bundle like Atom. MSI & GigaByte ones are going for 8.3k and an cheaper Asus one costing 6.5k.

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi Friends,

i have an urgent question. i just ordered :

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R-B3
Intel Core i5 2400
Sapphire HD6850
Gskill Sandy Bridge 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 2
CM Elite 430
Logitech mx518 mouse + Razer Goliathus-Fragged Standard Mouse Pad-Control
Benq G2420 Monitor

from SMC International.

for PSU I ordered:
FSP Saga II 500W Power Supply
but they are saying that it is insufficient and I should go for either:
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500W@Rs.2910
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600W@Rs.8900
Corsair Power 650TX@Rs.6500

should i stick with the one i have ordered i.e: FSP Saga II 500W Power Supply
or should i opt for any one they are suggesting. (They are convincing very hard for coolermaster).

also would you recommend any changes in this configuration.

Pllllzzzzzzzzz plzzzzz plzzzzzz reply.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Config is good and I think your PSU is also OK. AND, don't go for CM Extreme series.

For cabinet, you can also look for NZXT Gamma.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ vindance1 - stick with FSP SAGA II 500W - it will be able to handle your rig easily.

your rest of the config also balanced properly and get Cm Elite 430 - my personal favorite ;-)

BTW, how much your paying all those components - if possible post the excat price of each components separately .

saswat23

Human Spambot
vindance1,
why did u go for a P67 with a non k proccy i.e i5-2400.
And what are the prices of each of these you got it for.
Why dont u get Corsair VX-550 at 4.5k. It will be sufficient for ur rig.
In any case avoid eXtreme CM series.

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi Friends,

@Skud - I will have to change my PSU since "fsp saga II is not good for a cabby that has bottom psu placement" (Jaskanwar Singh shared the insight. thanks a lot buddy)

@topgear & saswat23 -
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 Rs 10600 (which i am changing to one of below, since i wont overclock)
Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL @Rs.5,600.00, or
Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 (rev. 1.1) Socket 1155 @Rs.5500

Gskill Sandy Bridge 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 2 @ Rs. 5300 (which i am changing to below, as my new MB wont support more than 1333Mhz)
Gskill[ Ripjaws ] DDR3-1333(PC3 10666)(4Gx1) * 2 @Rs.4500

FSP Saga II 500W Power Supply (which i am planning to change to one of below)
Corsair Power CX400W @Rs.2800, or
Corsair Power 650TX @Rs.6500

MSI R6850 PM2D1GD5 Graphics Card @Rs.9900
Logitech MX 518 Optical Gaming Mouse @Rs.1360
Benq G2420 Monitor @Rs.10900
Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2400 CPU @Rs.9700
Cooler Master Elite 430 NormalRC-430K-KKN3 @Rs.2475
Seagate 500 GB SATA Desktop 3.5" Internal HDD @Rs.1750
Razer Goliathus-Fragged Standard Mouse Pad-Control (Size: Alpha) @Rs650

@Everybody - guys kindly help me decide with the power supply and motherboard as mentioned above (those are the only choices I have).

Also I am a little confused with the graphics card. should I opt for MSI R 6950 2PM2D2GD5 Graphics Card @Rs.15600, instead. I play only RTS and not that much into gaming. but still if it is better value for money I can go for it. I wont be adding any cooling devices for sure, so kindly keep temp into account while suggesting

This is going to be my last system I purchase. I dont have any plans of upgrading or overclocking or crossfiring.

sorry for the long post and thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@ vindance1 - stick with FSP SAGA II 500W - it will be able to handle your rig easily.

your rest of the config also balanced properly and get Cm Elite 430 - my personal favorite ;-)

but FSP Saga II have short cables & CM Elite 430 is bottom mounted PSU. not advised. Jassy & me both faced same problem.

Cilus

laborare est orare
vindance1, most of the prices you have shared is actually higher than the street price. THe Mouse pad is available @ Rs 500, 500 GB hdd is actually RS 1600.

Regarding PSU, since you are opting for a HD 6850, I think you can go for the Corsair GS series PSU. The GS 600W will cost around 4K and it is even good for a Crossfire setting for HD 6850. It offers 48 Amp to the 12 V rail and can provide 574W on it. It is also 80+ certified and comes with 3 Yrs warranty. Recently my friend has bought one and using it with his 6850. The build quality is also top notch.

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
vindance1, most of the prices you have shared is actually higher than the street price. THe Mouse pad is available @ Rs 500, 500 GB hdd is actually RS 1600.

Regarding PSU, since you are opting for a HD 6850, I think you can go for the Corsair GS series PSU. The GS 600W will cost around 4K and it is even good for a Crossfire setting for HD 6850. It offers 48 Amp to the 12 V rail and can provide 574W on it. It is also 80+ certified and comes with 3 Yrs warranty. Recently my friend has bought one and using it with his 6850. The build quality is also top notch.

most of the prices what vidance1 shared to us is correct, cause hardware prices varies from place to place, little price difference is normal.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but FSP Saga II have short cables & CM Elite 430 is bottom mounted PSU. not advised. Jassy & me both faced same problem.

I thought about the power requirements only but I don't know if FSP SAGA II 500W has short cables or not - read about your issue with FSP PSU before but forgot about it :oops:

one of our forum member narendra4u is claiming FSP Saga II 500W will work with cabintes which has PSU placement at the bottom :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/139651-cpu-25k-rendering.html
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-modding-show-off/138468-overheating.html

BTW, found Seasonic 520W PowerSupply (S12II-520) @ only 3.6K - at this price the PSu is a steal and considering the quality of Seasonic and rating of the PSU this one is a must buy IMO ;-)

Theitdepot - Seasonic 520W PowerSupply (S12II-520)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom