Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
CM 690 II - i dodnt like the cabinet , looks plain . plus its around 5 - 6 k . need something within 4 k . But The CPU cooler , Nice ! thanks ! :)

Last edited:

Vishw

Journeyman
Finally my U2311H is here! Man, its huge compare to my previous LG Flatron 17" CRT! :D
SMC also sent replacement backplate for Hyper 212 plus. So now, finally I'll be able to finish my build! :)

constantine

I am from bangalore . how much you planning to sell it for ? and i am not planning to make a purchase right now . might take a month or so .

rajan1311

Padawan
nice...me too from bangalore...just let me know when you want it...i have not been using my rig for months now,so was planning to sell it off...

constantine

So i walked down to SP road today ... i have a few questions .

NZXT Vulcan is not available but Guardian 921 and Tempest EVO are although he said he could get Vulcan . So thoughts ? Guardian and Vulcan arent priced too far off.

UPS problems - Numeric unavailable , APC is available but expensive and microtek is also available - looks good , dual battery it seems - 800 va - 2.5k and 1kva - 3.4k

Asus p8h67 with B3 stepping unavailable as of now , intel mobo costs 6 k . not sure if its dh67bl or dh67cl . how good are the intel ones for OC ?

i5 2500k - 11.5k and i7 2600k is also available. What's the price of the i7 ?

Also GTX 470 or GTX 560 ti ?

Now all these changes cause - the entire config came to 51k i still have some left so i thought why not get more ? :)

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Microteck is a decent brand. Our forum member src07 is using the 1 KVA with his Core i5 2400, Intel H67, 8 GB DDR3 and HD 6850 card and it provides him backup for 35 to 40 min. It has 2 Years of warranty as per as i remember.

constantine

Also, G skill Ripjaws 1600 mhz 4 gb , do they cost 2.5 k ? or 3.2k ? Cause the Asus p8h67 mobos below 7k have 2 RAM slots where as the Intel mobos have 4slots . so ... if the dh67bl/cl are just as good as the Asus mobos for OC as well then i could go for those . inputs please ?

Thanks Clius , Will get microtek and will suggest the same for a friend . :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Microteck is a decent brand. Our forum member src07 is using the 1 KVA with his Core i5 2400, Intel H67, 8 GB DDR3 and HD 6850 card and it provides him backup for 35 to 40 min. It has 2 Years of warranty as per as i remember.

Tempting. Does anybody has any idea about its longevity? I mean can a 800VA survive for 5 years? I have seen a couple of Microtek breaking down much earlier in our office.

constantine

Aaah Skud , what do you suggest now ? :[

And i see you are using a Benq 2420 HD - how good is it ? why the crossed fingers ? :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So i walked down to SP road today ... i have a few questions .

NZXT Vulcan is not available but Guardian 921 and Tempest EVO are although he said he could get Vulcan . So thoughts ? Guardian and Vulcan arent priced too far off.

UPS problems - Numeric unavailable , APC is available but expensive and microtek is also available - looks good , dual battery it seems - 800 va - 2.5k and 1kva - 3.4k

Asus p8h67 with B3 stepping unavailable as of now , intel mobo costs 6 k . not sure if its dh67bl or dh67cl . how good are the intel ones for OC ?

i5 2500k - 11.5k and i7 2600k is also available. What's the price of the i7 ?

Also GTX 470 or GTX 560 ti ?

Now all these changes cause - the entire config came to 51k i still have some left so i thought why not get more ? :)

Core i7 2600K costs around ~16.2K and for gfx card either get GTX560Ti or GTX 570 ;-)

Also, G skill Ripjaws 1600 mhz 4 gb , do they cost 2.5 k ? or 3.2k ? Cause the Asus p8h67 mobos below 7k have 2 RAM slots where as the Intel mobos have 4slots . so ... if the dh67bl/cl are just as good as the Asus mobos for OC as well then i could go for those . inputs please ?

Ripjaws 1600Mhz 4GB Kit was 2.5k at primeabgb and regarding mobo no H67 chipset based mobo supports OCing of SB K series cpus.

If you want to OC you better get i5 2500k/i7 2600K along with some P67 chipset based mobo or wait for Z68 chiipset mobos to be released ;-)

constantine

Thanks Topgear, and Corsair XMS 3 4gig stick costs 2.5k , confirmed . :)

and i have to go for a p67 huh ? costs 10k+ ! Well atleast the have Sli support and USB 3.0 ! oh and are there any intel p67 mobos ? cause i didnt find any on itdepot or itwares or techshop . guess i'll have to go with i5 2500k itself . :)

And roughly how far off is i5 2500k from i7 2600k (performance -wise) ? :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm looking at HD gaming , i guess it will do or would you suggest the Benq 22" LED ?

Definitely. Screen size depends on your budget and desk space. I was eying for a 23" inch Samsung P2350 but as it was not available locally and online prices were closer to the G2420HD, I just ended up going for the larger screen.

constantine

Skud ,Thanks , Plenty of desk space available here , currently occupied by a crappy crt monitor (ironically benq) ! :)

@piyush - none now ! :)

Guess i have it all figured out now ! It just a matter of time :) damn mobo sent me back a few thousand . :( hope there are heavy price drops soon ! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom