Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
ico , Thanks man ! and i guess i'll go with Tagan , cheap and reliable you say , price caught my eye ! :)

Now about the UPS - do i have to go for APC ? what about the local brands ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Tagan is really good brand. And one thing, for handling a system yours, don't get fooled by just checking just the watage of the PSU. There are other things to check like the quality of the materials, efficiency, in what conditions they can provide their quoted performance and how good they are to handle non-friendly conditions like high stress or voltage/current fluctuations.

Corsiar PSUs are almost like king if you consider these factors. VX 450 can provide enough juice to your system which a Cooler Master Extreme 600W can't.
I warned you about the CX series because although their build quality is better than the CM Extreme or some other competitions, their operation range in full potential is within 40 degree Celciaus. Over that their efficiency and power supply capability decreases. Over 40 degree a 500W CX is less effective than a VX450.

constantine

Also please suggest a good CPU cooler under 3 k . :)

I am talking about this Tagan PSU , What do you think ?
TheITWares - Tagan TG-600-U37

Or i could go for the Seasonic 520.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Mann ! my friend has a 260 and he has a Zebronics 700w platinum . so i assumed .... but 450 w ? Phew ! :) I'll go for 550w just to be sure though. :)

thats the problem. Corsair & Seasonic can offer 10-15% more than they are rated it under load. whereas local brands like Zebronics & iBall go up as soon as you touch 70-75% load. and so they are priced accordingly. 700W local PSU @ 1.5k :lol:

a 450W unit will do but if you have budget, get Corsair VX550W or the 1st one ico suggested. solid unit.

Now about the UPS - do i have to go for APC ? what about the local brands ?

800VA APC will offer good backup but its priced really high in some shops (online). so @ 3.5-4k, its worth it.

Corsiar PSUs are almost like king if you consider these factors. VX 450 can provide enough juice to your system which a Cooler Master Extreme 600W can't.

in short, Cooler Master extreme power is a timebomb. stress it or not, mostly it goes up. but some are good. but better not to play with one's luck. even if its under warranty, CM may refuse to replace it & spikes from crappy exploding PSU will surely take out hard drive or something else.

I warned you about the CX series because although their build quality is better than the CM Extreme or some other competitions, their operation range in full potential is within 40 degree Celciaus. Over that their efficiency and power supply capability decreases. Over 40 degree a 500W CX is less effective than a VX450.

actually CX stops at 430W. its their limit. budget section :)

constantine

Thanks sam , 800VA huh ? Hmm .. the thing is i only need a back up or around 15 mins or so , when the power goes. just to save and shut down . 650 / 600 VA , some i ball or something would do right ?

And PSU - i'll keep my options as Seasonic 520 and Tagan 600 ( once one of you confirm it to be a good buy )

Also i noticed most people go for gskill ripjaws , i'm going for corsair XMS3 6 gig its good for oc right ? and i dont plan on oc'ing to 5 or so , 4.5 max . :)

Also i found this
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!CORSAIR GS600 Gaming Series 600W Power Supply , how is it ?

And CM hyper 212 , still bang for buck ? or would you suggest any other ?

Another thing , the friend i mentioned with the ZEB 700w , what UPS would you suggest? his needs are the same as mine . 15 mins of back up is plenty.

constantine

Okay PSU done ! :) unless you suggest the corsasir gs 600w .

now A cheaper UPS please ? and a CPU cooler . :)

btw anyone using NZXT M59 , price ? or Vulcan ? Also know any NZXT dealer in SP road ( bangalore) ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Okay PSU done ! :) unless you suggest the corsasir gs 600w .

now A cheaper UPS please ? and a CPU cooler . :)

Thanks sam , 800VA huh ? Hmm .. the thing is i only need a back up or around 15 mins or so , when the power goes. just to save and shut down . 650 / 600 VA , some i ball or something would do right ?

cheaper UPS available but may fail to offer 15min backup & also battery dies as soon as warranty period is over. so get APC. if you are little short on budget get VX450.

btw anyone using NZXT M59 , price ? or Vulcan ? Also know any NZXT dealer in SP road ( bangalore) ?

i am using one. looks good but terrible cable management. don't waste your money on M59.

Another thing , the friend i mentioned with the ZEB 700w , what UPS would you suggest? his needs are the same as mine . 15 mins of back up is plenty.

same. APC 800VA or i think numeric 1000VA too is a good buy but peace of mind with APC.

Actually Sam, CX series has PSu upto 600W. Here is the link from Techshop.in for CX600.

thanks a lot for the link Cilus. i thought 430W was the max for CX series.

constantine

Sam , Thanks man ! and Fine ! i'll go for 800va APC . :)

and i see you are using a FSP saga II , how is it ? and Tagan 600 w u37 ? and corsair gs 600 ? cause it's pretty cheap .

And no to M59 , Vulcan hope i get it . Else any other suggestions ?

Also a CPU cooler please , cause i thought of going for CM hyper 212 +.

And is this the APC one you are talking about ?
APC Back UPS 800VA - Model BR 800Y-IN ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

And is this the APC one you are talking about ?
APC Back UPS 800VA - Model BR 800Y-IN ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, I'd avoid FSP Saga II and Corsair GS series if I had your budget.

I'd still go strictly for Seasonic or Corsair VX/TX/HX over Tagan too. Tagan is very good, but Seasonic/Corsair are my personal favourites.

constantine

Thanks ico , I'll keep in mind Seasonic and Tagan cause availability in bangalore is not the same as that in mumbai . I'm sure i'll get Tagan here . :)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
For nvidia GTX 560 which smps is will be suited?
My config
Intel C2D E7300
MSI P-45 Neo 3 Fr
2.5 gb of DDR2 ram
WD 500GB sata HDD
SEagate 160 Gb IDE
Dvd-rw

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
My config
Intel C2D E7300
MSI P-45 Neo 3 Fr
2.5 gb of DDR2 ram
WD 500GB sata HDD
SEagate 160 Gb IDE
Dvd-rw

Seasonic S12II 520w @ 4250 or Corsair VX550 @ 4700.

Corsair VX450 will run it fine, but I always suggest things with a little bit of headroom.

tkin

Back to school!!
My config
Intel C2D E7300
MSI P-45 Neo 3 Fr
2.5 gb of DDR2 ram
WD 500GB sata HDD
SEagate 160 Gb IDE
Dvd-rw
How come you have 2.5GB Ram? A 2GB and a 512MB module? get rid of that 512MB one and get another 2GB While you can.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
well, I'd avoid FSP Saga II and Corsair GS series if I had your budget.

yup. jumping from Seasonic 520 all the way to FSP Saga II 500W.

and i see you are using a FSP saga II , how is it ? and Tagan 600 w u37 ? and corsair gs 600 ? cause it's pretty cheap .

FSP Saga II series is for budget users. as my rig doesn't needs anything above 250-300W, a 400W unit was just for me. but with a heavy card, don't consider FSP Saga II series until you are on shoestring budget.

yes i was talking about that 800VA & as you can see, a 1100VA UPS from APC comes cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom