Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
tirupathi is the indian distributor/retailer listed on the manufacturers website, seasonic have them , so i googled and went there and found lot of brands.

do check them out once anyways if you are listening to cilus u wont be wrong either.

problem with smc they dont have corsair and seasonic. atleast the one in np didnt.

c2c is good but i did not find few tthings there too.

the thing is these are all shops tirupathi is a distributor so even if these shops dont cell ur product the distributor is bound to have it otherwise he will get it arranged for you asap.

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Is Corsair Builder Series CX430 CMPSU-430CX 430W ATX12V Active PFC Power Supply [CMPSU-430CX] better than FSP Saga II 500W and is it 80% certified?

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
no no to builder series. if you want something better than fsp saga II 500w then go for seasonic 380 or 400w.

you can try tagan 500 as well its priced same as fsp and you may find it cheaper.

slashragnarok

In the zone
What PSU is sufficient for the following,

Sandy Bridge i5 2500k overclocked to 5 GHz
2 sticks of ddr3 ram
Cm Hyper 212 cpu cooler
NZXT Tempest evo with 6 fans
1 sound card, pci
2 gtx 560 in sli
asus p8p67 pro mobo
1tb 7200 rpm HDD
250gb (dont know speed but lower than 7200 rpm) HDD
LG DVD writer

ShyamaC177

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys, I'm building a new system :-

CPU : Core i7 2600K
Mobo : Asus P8P67 Deluxe
RAM : 4 x 2GB DDR3
GPU : Asus GTX 570 DC2
Cooler master HAF 912 advanced
2 HDD's (for now) a BD Burner & a DVD-RW drive

I'm planning to purchase the XFX 750W BE psu for the above mentioned system. So I want to know that if the psu is good enough for the system also I want to OC the CPU, so guys I want your opinion on the PSU if it will perform well for the configuration that I have mentioned. Also one more thing I want to ask is that for the RAM i'm considering the A-DATA xtreme series 2 x 4GB dual channel kit @ 1600MHz (the only other recognized option i have for the memory is Zion) so guys I also want to know your opinions on the memory as well. Thanks ^_^

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^

What is the price of that PSU?

I reccomend FSP SAGA II @ 500w.Costs Rs.2200 .If you dont plan to use multiple GPU's . THen its enough.

I calculated your power in *extreme.outervision.com and it came out 478 watt

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well, for your system, I think you should go with a Corsiar TX series PSU. THey are well proven and tested. Get Corsair TX 850 @ 7.3K

ShyamaC177

Right off the assembly line
@ thetechfreak
@ Cilus

Those brands aren't available in my city (only iball stallion & zebronics platinum available) However the the Rashi peripherals branch here agreed to get the XFX psu + I also checked some reviews on the XFX psu and they say that its a very good psu so I decided to get it. That's why I wanted to know the opinion of you guys on the psu ^_^

Here are the links I checked :

XFX 750 W Black Edition Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

XFX XPS Black Edition 750W Power Supply Review

[H]ard|OCP XFX Black Edition 750W Power Supply Review

Last edited:

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi Friends,

i have an urgent question. i just ordered :

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R-B3
Intel Core i5 2400
Sapphire HD6850
Gskill Sandy Bridge 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 2
CM Elite 430
Logitech mx518 mouse + Razer Goliathus-Fragged Standard Mouse Pad-Control
Benq G2420 Monitor

from SMC International.

for PSU I ordered:
FSP Saga II 500W Power Supply
but they are saying that it is insufficient and I should go for either:
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500W@Rs.2910
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600W@Rs.8900
Corsair Power 650TX@Rs.6500

should i stick with the one i have ordered i.e: FSP Saga II 500W Power Supply
or should i opt for any one they are suggesting. (They are convincing very hard for coolermaster).

also would you recommend any changes in this configuration.

Pllllzzzzzzzzz plzzzzz plzzzzzz reply.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ change PSU. it is sufficient but there is a potential flaw. FSP Saga II cables are really short. so basically you can't use it for cabinets with bottom mounted PSU. so either change your cabinet or change PSU.

& don't look at CM. even if it is a 650W. go for Corsair CX400W. that will be able to power your rig. they'll force you buy CM cause they are the distributor of CM in here.

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi friends,

@Sam - got the point. thanks buddy. the only other options available for PSU are:

Corsair Power CX400W @Rs.2800
Corsair Power 650TX @Rs.6500

Kindly Suggest. Thanks a lot.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Its simple

If you are even remotely thinking of using 2 graphic cards in your system, buy the 650.
Or else 400 will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom