Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Why you are including Monitor in the Power requirement?:grin: Monitor does not take power from PSU.
And the PSu can easily handle the config you have mentioned. But let us know the detail config like how many HDDs are present and if you are using any Graphics card or not.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i have
pentium dual core E5300 [sometimes OCed to 3+GHz to play GTA4 smoothly]
4GB DDR2 800MHz
1GB GT240 DDR3
DVD drive
2HDDs [250GB caviar blue and 500GB hitachi]
2X LED fans 80mm and one normal 92mm fan
450W hytech psu with 19A on +12V rail

is this safe to install 3rd HDD with this SMPS??
i want to backup all my game discs on new HDD.

can this psu handle all 3 HDDs? or i have to upgrade SMPS too?

should i buy external USB casing to make that HDD external and backup all games on it?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
i have
pentium dual core E5300 [sometimes OCed to 3+GHz to play GTA4 smoothly]
4GB DDR2 800MHz
1GB GT240 DDR3
DVD drive
2HDDs [250GB caviar blue and 500GB hitachi]
2X LED fans 80mm and one normal 92mm fan
450W hytech psu with 19A on +12V rail

OCing in a generic PSU??

warrior047

In the zone
i5 2500
Intel DH67BL
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
Corsair 1X4GB DDR3
Cooler Master Elite 430
Logitech MK200
BenQ G2222HDL
APC Back UPS 600
LG 22X
Seagate 1 TB 7200

Bought the above system. I bought Corsair GS600 for this. But I heard the 6870 draws 200W at times. Do you think I might face any issues?

Also, I found that BenQ monitor power cable provided was 16A cable, thats provided with the heavy loads like AC/Fridge etc., Neither my UPS nor my conventional 3-pins can hold that! Should I use any converter? If so like what? Please help!

MegaMind

Human Spambot
i5 2500
Intel DH67BL
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
Corsair 1X4GB DDR3
Cooler Master Elite 430
Logitech MK200
BenQ G2222HDL
APC Back UPS 600
LG 22X
Seagate 1 TB 7200

Bought the above system. I bought Corsair GS600 for this. But I heard the 6870 draws 200W at times. Do you think I might face any issues?

Also, I found that BenQ monitor power cable provided was 16A cable, thats provided with the heavy loads like AC/Fridge etc., Neither my UPS nor my conventional 3-pins can hold that! Should I use any converter? If so like what? Please help!

Cool rig! U can even do 6870 CF with GS600...

No issues wit tat monitor power cable...

warrior047

In the zone
Cool rig! U can even do 6870 CF with GS600...

No issues wit tat monitor power cable...

Reg monitor cable, no, I mean benq provided 16A plug (Which is also 3-pin like heavy loads as AC/Fridge etc.,) as the end of the monitor power cable. Where as in general, normal 3-pin which is smaller is provided. Now, how can I connect the provided 16A cable to the normal small 3 pin plug-in? Hope you got it.

Why do u think heavy load cable might have been provided? Is there any converter to have this connect to the normal 3 pin plugin? Anyways I got it working through a converter. Everything went fine till I installed the graphics card!

Unfortunately am seeing issues!!!

I used ATI 6870 with latest driver installed. However i experience really annoying problems that my screen would suddenly freeze or black out and after a few seconds it'll respond again, but it will bring me out to my desktop and a message like "VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands". then ask me if i wanna report the issue to ATI etc.. Many a time there will be gray bars for a jilt of a sec across the screen when this happens when the monitor goes black, sometimes the monitor just stays black.

this card is brand new, can any expert please help me friends? I haven't installed any game and this happens when am just browsing or when I try to navigate within or even when idle! when I checked the GPU-Z, the highest recorded temp was 53c and the lowest was 45c.

Please help friends!

MegaMind

Human Spambot
check the power connectors on the gpu... Also Reinstall the GPU..

did u try connectin to onboard display?

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
HD 6870 CFX need 600w & 38Amps, so that won't be any problem with GS 600 which gives max 600w, 48Amps & +12V.

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
i5 2500
Intel DH67BL
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
Corsair 1X4GB DDR3
Cooler Master Elite 430
Logitech MK200
BenQ G2222HDL
APC Back UPS 600
LG 22X
Seagate 1 TB 7200

Dude I have exact same config except monitor, PSU and UPS!!!!
How much did the whole rig cost u? where didya buy it from?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If you can increase budget by 1k, then the Corsair GS600 is a great Psu for 4k and is very future proof. Else the Seasonic mentioned by Mega Mind or a Fsp Saga II 500w @2k will suffice.

ssengupta

Broken In
i7 2600k
MSI H61 Mobo
4 GB 1333 DDR3
1 TB 7200 HDD
22X DVDRW
2 120mm Cabinet Fans

I have Seasonic S12II 430W PSU. Can I add a 6850/6870 later without changing the PSU ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom