Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

preetamsikdar

Broken In
Okk..understood...

But the Zebronics PSU they were talking about was not for 500 bucks...

It was...

Zebronics Platinum Series 500 W PSU for 1950 bucks...:sad:

ssb1551

Technomancer
Ya you are right!Zeb 500W is for around 2k but that doesn't make it a reliable & good one.If you are on a tight budget then go for FSP Saga II 400W or Saga II 500W.

Piyush

Lanaya
exactly
go for the above PSUs
if they are also no available then try to search for Gigabyte 460W PSU....its too available for 2k

preetamsikdar

Broken In
I wanted to buy Gigabyte Superb 460W or the FSP Saga II 400 W ...but none of the shops have any of these two PSU's... :-x

Now I don't think I've any other way other than buying it online...but I want to know the warranty policy first...

If it says that the product can be repaired locally(Kolkata) with the authorized service centers, then I am game for it...but if I have to send it back to their address from where I am buying..its very troublesome...

So if anyone who has bought products online can comment on this..it would be of great great help...

preetamsikdar

Broken In
Ok thanks...I will ask them.. :)

Guys...I've finally learnt that I am neither gonna get FSP or Gigabyte from here...

So finally I've upped my budget to 2.8k..

now just tell me which one should I go for out of the two...no more queries from me after that...

1> COOLER MASTER EXTREME PLUS 500W

2> Corsair CX430W

Both are priced at 2.8k at MD Computers...and both are available..

now just tell me which one is the best bet...

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
cooler master extreme plus series is extremely crappy from the reviews i have read, dont know much about the cx430 tho

yes right. CM Extreme Power is like a "mad" mine bomb. even without pressure it just blows up. the internal electronic parts used are not at all up to the mark.

^^contact asingh /sam.shab/jaskanwar/tkin/clius
they all recently purchased some stuff online

very good baba. getting yourself out of the way ;-)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
now just tell me which one should I go for out of the two...no more queries from me after that...

1> COOLER MASTER EXTREME PLUS 500W

2> Corsair CX430W

Both are priced at 2.8k at MD Computers...and both are available..

now just tell me which one is the best bet...

Corsair CX430W as Cooler Master Extreme series have very bad voltage regulation and ripple suppression. You don't want to lose your system, do you ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
You get what you pay for in the SMPS market i guess

no. a Corsair CX400W cost 2.7-2.8k. a CM Extreme power 500W will cost almost same. whereas the Corsair unit is rock solid & provides well above 400W easily, the CM unit may need visit a RMA center if you load it up to 75-80% of the rating.

so, even if you pay a hefty amount, little research on the user's part is needed. not just PSU. any PC part.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
No way CX430. CX430 isn't as good as CX400. :| CX400 is the one you should buy.

Corsair's new CX "builder" series aren't that good.

jeetu

Broken In
I have been using Coolermaster real power pro 460W without any issue with 9600GT.
It has high efficiency rating. Better than even Corsair 450W.

preetamsikdar

Broken In
well guys....

now some of you are telling me not to go for CX430....wat shud I do :?

But is CX400 still available in the market ? I heard that it has been taken out of the market ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom