Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssb1551

Technomancer
I know!!I ws jus lettin him know his options!!

coz couldn't find any Gigabyte PSU lower than 460W n thts for 2.2k!!

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys need to buy a 350w power supply for a X4 based system without GPU, I was recommended FSP Saga II, but its not available here in Ahmedabad. Please recommend and alternative for about 1500Rs. Nothing more than that.

Please reply quickly. Thanks.

one possible option is Gigabyte 400W. forgotten the full name. but as FSP isn't available, i doubt you'll be able find Gigabyte. last option & least recommended is VIP Gold 400W.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^tried to look in so many sites abt Giga 400W Sam but cudn't find it!!Hope OP is lucky to find at his place!!

Neeraj Sahai

Broken In
One PSU poll you might be interested in ....
Which True Power Supply Unit (SMPS) You Think is The Best Quality and at a Justified Price Tag?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ lol psu don't run based on popular choices :p. Can't afford a decent power supply for the system, you are bound to get a hard hit on your investment. Buying power supplies based on brand is simply stupid thing to do. You're not buying a pair of jeans, are you?

Gollum

Collector
^^ lol psu don't run based on popular choices :p. Can't afford a decent power supply for the system, you are bound to get a hard hit on your investment. Buying power supplies based on brand is simply stupid thing to do. You're not buying a pair of jeans, are you?

i agree with you and your effort to explain things but that was a spam post.

cabinets with SMPS

are iball , mercury etc cabinets with 450watts smps safe ?
can we install a graphic card with those smps ?
is there any risk ? is it safe ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
are iball , mercury etc cabinets with 450watts smps safe ?
can we install a graphic card with those smps ?
is there any risk ? is it safe ?

These PSUs are of sub standard quality. Not recommended to install a discrete GPU using these power supplies. Just that the ratings which are stamped on the units -- will not be delivered. Your system is at risk. The problem can propagate to other components, resulting in failure/burn out. Best to avoid. Hope this helps.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
in simple term: buy good PSU (mayn't be best, but at least safe) now or buy a new PSU + a new HDD + new pair of ram +.............. and the list continues.

amd phenom II 945
asus m4a785tm
ati radeon HD 5670 1GB ddr5
4GB ram
500GB HDD
now , i repeatedly asked the dealer if i needed one of those premium smps.. like cooler master n all... and he insisted dat it wudnt be necessary.. m not having ny probs yet.. par after gaming for a few hours.. the smps sounds more like a chopper blade.. becomes real noisy.. m worried.. :| .. how do i fix this ? and how much wud it cost me ..

ps: i have a APC ups (back ups rs 500)

Gollum

Collector
amd phenom II 945
asus m4a785tm
4GB ram
500GB HDD
now , i repeatedly asked the dealer if i needed one of those premium smps.. like cooler master n all... and he insisted dat it wudnt be necessary.. m not having ny probs yet.. par after gaming for a few hours.. the smps sounds more like a chopper blade.. becomes real noisy.. m worried.. :| .. how do i fix this ? and how much wud it cost me ..

get a new powersupply. Your current psu can't handle it. The comp guy is a fool trying to sell scrap metal. Get a good psu from reputed brands like corsair, gigabyte or fsp. A 450w psu with 80+ certification is a must.

ssb1551

Technomancer
amd phenom II 945
asus m4a785tm
4GB ram
500GB HDD

Since u hv HD5670 u can get Corsair CX400W for 2.7k!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
get a new powersupply. Your current psu can't handle it. The comp guy is a fool trying to sell scrap metal. Get a good psu from reputed brands like corsair, gigabyte or fsp. A 450w psu with 80+ certification is a must.

even FSP Saga II 350W will do but that will close his upgrade path. he should get FSP Saga II 400W or Gigabyte Superb 460W. these are the bare minimum he should consider if he wants an open upgrade path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom