Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piyush

Lanaya
maybe used some faulty parts on a particular batch of the GX550W. this happens to other PSU or PC peripherals also. no exception. but personally, get rid of CM (PSU only. not cabby).

me bhi yahi soch raha hoo

anyways can u mention some good models of FSP/Seasonic of 450W and above(not too costly)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sammy
will surely try it
how is FSP saga II 500W?

a pretty GOOD link
check it out

Who's Who In Power Supplies: Brands, Labels, And OEMs : Manufacturers, Designers, And Labels

already read. FSP Saga II are value PSU. highly not recommended to use for anything over HD5850 or HD6850 or GTX460. but to be safe, Corsair rocks.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Even I'm plannin on tht particaular combo...I had my doubts as to whether d PSU wud support 6850 or not but Sam gave me d nod n I used tht extreme PSU calculator for my satisfaction!!

i seen many recommend 700-800W PSU for a highend card. thats not needed at all, of course until you want add a 2nd card for multi-GPU solution.

just cause one wants buy a highend card not means he'll need a top rated PSU. for highend card a 600W PSU is more than sufficient. asigh is running 2 highend GPU on a 650W. what i see is, most don't even know or try think how much power a system w/o a HD5870-GTX470 going need at full load. even with a 25% extra power to be on safe side, highend cards will need 500W PSU. so mainstream cards or PCs can do fine with 400W PSU.

Piyush

Lanaya
Seasonic S12II 520W - 4.1k
Seasonic 430W - 3.2k
FSP Epsilon/Everest Series
even Tagan 500W

thanks for the info bro
i'll surely go for 520W if dealer let me swap it for GX550 and for the rest of the money i'll buy a pendrive :D

or anyone of u can suggest me where to spend Rs 400 on pc products

Seasonic is S12-II 430W. from FSP the Blue Storm/Everest are good but still why go for them when Corsair or Seasonic s there.

Seasonic S12II 520W - 4.1k looks good to me

Last edited:
OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Just so that we have some things cleared out :).

FSP usually make power supplies for pre-build systems AFAIK. Its only the 350w one which was used and recommended for low powered systems. Anything more, its your call. Don't generalize that if 350w will be good so 400/500w will be good :). Its because of such way of generalising ended up many people here recommending cm 600 extreme not so long ago :p.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think everyone should watch this video (just 32sec), irrespective of owning a highend or lowend (if you own, better hold your breath) or any type of PSU.

AXP 500P12P.

Prologue: 500W PSU from AXP. at load of ~420W, this is the outcome. so for those who owns CM Extreme Power or local 400-500W PSU, just pray to God this isn't the outcome of your PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom