Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
It is recommended not at all. I don't think any of the cards should be added in a 430W PSU.

anandharaja

In the zone
hi
i plan to purchase following configuration system this month. confused in choosing the right power supply.

Processor :Intel Core i5 2500
Motherboard : Intel DH67BL-B3
RAM : Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB
Graphic Card : MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition
HDD : Seagate 1TB
DVD Writer : LG 22X SATA DVD
Case : CM Elite 430
Monitor : 22"
Mouse & Keyboard : Logitech

may be after 2 years i plan to replace my GPU to heavy one.
in my locality they have only Cooler Master, Hynix, Zebronics, Mercury PSU
please tell me the right power supply in cooler master

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
buddy order a good PSU now. if it isn't avl locally order from SMC Intentional, hassle free online shopping. if you still want to go for the ones avl at your place, ask shopkeeper for CM RealPower 460W or higher. if he doesn't have, ask him import it.

but then getting a good PSU yourself (even from SMC/ITwares/etc) looks much better to me.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
i wanted sorceror sirs verdict on the tacen PSU SMC np is so willing to sell ,if its already been given please share the link.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
aby geek said:
i wanted sorceror sirs verdict on the tacen PSU SMC np is so willing to sell ,if its already been given please share the link.
Do you mean Tagan?

If you do, dont worry bout them. They are good quality reliable PSU's

Piyush

Lanaya
Is there any utility by which I can monitor the temps of my PSU?

btw SMC is selling Tacenas Supero 500W @ 2.5k

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
FSP is the OEM of Tacen PSUs and they have good reviews. But they are very cheap...probably they are manufacturing it in Asian countries to reduce the price. I had a hands on experience with the 600W module and from the outer look it is no where near Corsair or other premium brands. But they are running a HD 6850 along with a Phenom II 720 and 6 Gigs of ram without any issues. Another thing is they are having modular design, very rare in this price point.

It is very hard to find reviews about them as they are not active in Europe and US but I found some reviews in other languages and read them...thanks to Google Translate. Reviews are generally good. One thing, those PSUs are not as silent as Corsair or Seasonic.

My suggestion is grab the 600W module, price is only 3.2-3.5K. It is 85+, having quad 12V rail with 18A on each. Here is a Review.. Don't get the 500W, probably it is discontinued and details are not present in their site.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
^^
so then jas will you give the newboys a shelter in ur thread?:D
johnyguru liked them a lot.
or are u going to stick to the glacialtech 900w?

sadly x560 and x 650 didnt make it.

rahulbalmuri

ωιтн gяєαт gяαρнι¢ѕ......
My rig is this...

ASUS P8Z68
Intel Core i5 2500k
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
LG DVD-RW
CM Elite 430 (With additonal 120mm Fan)
Benq 22" LED MOnitor

Now I'm looking to buy MSI 6970 Lightning 2GB or MSI 6950 2GB Twin Frozr III/OC...

So Will my COOLER MASTER GX550W able to provide the power supply... under Full LOad??????

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
My rig is this...

ASUS P8Z68
Intel Core i5 2500k
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
LG DVD-RW
Benq 22" LED MOnitor

Now I'm looking to buy MSI 6970 Lightning 2GB or MSI 6950 2GB Twin Frozr III/OC...

So Will my COOLER MASTER GX550W able to provide the power supply... under Full LOad??????
Yes it will do the job, Just done OC the components to much

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
My rig is this...

ASUS P8Z68
Intel Core i5 2500k
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
LG DVD-RW
Benq 22" LED MOnitor

Yeah, it should be sufficient for the 6950. For 6970, it is a bit borderline.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
@rahul yes i think thats the best at that price the second best alternative is tagan 600w wch will cost you a lil less than 4k.but those are good products not great.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes it will do the job, Just done OC the components to much

If he is using only a single HD6970 he can easily OC his cpu+GPU to max level possible with that PSU ;-)

Yeah, it should be sufficient for the 6950. For 6970, it is a bit borderline.

That PSU is more than enough to handle HD6970 with ease and he will still have much more power to spare ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom