sanads

Tech Lover
Re: Low&Tight Budget 20k(or + 2k)

I want to buy FSP Saga II 500W
but I cant find it online and also in kolkata
please suggest me a store where I fing FSP Saga II 500W @Rs.2000

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
sanads u could contact tirupathi enterprise in your city and get tagan 500w , its a good psu should cost you around 2500 though.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
primeabgb lamington road should have it

tirupathi enterprise are the distributors of seasonic . call tirupathi mumbai office and ask them if they have it, if not ask them can they arrange it on order if so order it and take a price quot from them and tell us.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
SO after about 2 years of service, I think that I should replace my Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500 PSU.

My current configuration is :-

AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3.0 GHz
2x2 GB Kingston DDR2 RAM @800 MHz
Biostar TX 790 GX BE motherboard
Palit GTX 260 Core 216 Sonic graphics card (love this baby)
Samsung 1 TB SATA II @ 7200 RPM
Samsung 500 GB SATA II @ 5400 RPM (green series, although its temperature is always higher than the above one)
Sony DRU 870 S DVD Writer (SATA)
Cooler Master Elite 430 with side window cabinet (only 1 front fan LED 120 mm)
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 cpu cooler
AOC F22 21.5" Full HD LCD
Altec Lansing MX 5021 speakers

Now, I might be replacing it with i5 2400, compatible motherboard & MSI GTX 560 Ti . I might go for a SLI setup in the future. So suggest me a PSU that can handle this load. I was thinking of Corsair TX 650 or Corsair GS 700 or Cooler Master GX-650 (5 years warranty). Which one should I choose? Any other alternatives are welcome too but shouldn't be overkills.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ what's your budget for the PSU ?

Take your pick ;-)

Corsair TX650 V2 @ 5.2k
Corsair TX750 V2 @ 6.2k
Corsair TX850 V2 @ 6.85k
or Corsair GS800 @ 5.65k
Corsair GS800 800W Power Supply - Test Results & Final Thoughts :: TweakTown USA Edition

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
i would rather go for seasonic s12ii 520 or 620 in that range.
tirupathis distributes them so hunt them down in ur city nd grab one.
tech shop.in is out of stock on these 2 they are hot cakes.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hellknight, your current system is pretty much up to the mark and there is no need for upgrading apart from the GPU and PSU. Wait untill the Sandybridge E or AMD Bulldozer hit the market.
For PSU, my pick is Corsair TX750 V2 @ 6.2k, can easily handle the most powerful single GPU card like GTX 580. Multi GPU setup for higher-middle end GPUs are also possible.
But my pick is Glacialtech 950W 80+ Silver Modular PSU, available @ 6K in smcinternational. If you buy this baby, you don't need to think of anything for next 5 years, no matter how power hungry components you add. Only cons is it comes with 2 Years of warranty.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
5 years??? Probably until and unless the PSU give up with age or someone really building a real crazy rig (6990 Quadfire or 590 tri SLI and like), it can handle whatever you can throw at it. ;)

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
^^ that appears to be something else techfreak.
hers the real address:
Mumbai Office - 216, Dhuri Commercial Plaza, Opp, Navghar Bus Depot, Navghar, Vasai (E), Thane - 401202 Phone - 09323170474 Contact - Mr. Anil Sharma.

wait a minute glaciateck 950w is just 6k? am i dreaming or is cilus having joints?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 118788

wait a minute glaciateck 950w is just 6k? am i dreaming or is cilus having joints?

You're not dreaming it is really available at that price. JonnyGuru Has Written Review On This It Even Defeats Corsair TX950.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
^^ what's your budget for the PSU ?

Take your pick ;-)

Corsair TX650 V2 @ 5.2k
Corsair TX750 V2 @ 6.2k
Corsair TX850 V2 @ 6.85k
or Corsair GS800 @ 5.65k
Corsair GS800 800W Power Supply - Test Results & Final Thoughts :: TweakTown USA Edition

Woah.. that's loads of them.. Well, my budget is 5k to 6k. I'm thinking TX650 V2 should be good. But will it be enough to handle the load of two GTX 560 Ti's? Moreover, why aren't you guys not in favour of Corsair GS800? And lastly, what's the cheapest yet reliable modular PSU that I can get?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 118788

Woah.. that's loads of them.. Well, my budget is 5k to 6k. I'm thinking TX650 V2 should be good. But will it be enough to handle the load of two GTX 560 Ti's? Moreover, why aren't you guys not in favour of Corsair GS800? And lastly, what's the cheapest yet reliable PSU that I can get?

For 560 Ti Sli You Will Need At Least A 750 Watts PSU. You Can Go For Corsair TX750 V2 @ 6K Or Corsair TX850 V2 @6.8K. But If You Don't Care About Corsair 5 Years Warranty Then You Go With GlacialTech GP 950W @ 6K as mentioned By Cilus above.

Corsair GS is good at budget but not better then Corsair TX Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom