Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I also started this couple of days ago with 3 ep. Not much impressed as of now.

Episode 3 is where it gets dark and serious.

@dead5

Now that I have seen Elfen Lied, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Another and Magica Madoka, what more animes are good enough to watch ? I would like something unique.

I probably wont like anything similar to DBZ etc.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Hi all,
I know it is NOOB Question to ask , but i have to ask !!

Why some People says ANIME is NOT a Cartoon , i thought it is a Genre / sub division of Cartoons

I can Understand animated movie is different then cartoons as They have story and Movie like touch , but anime is like Tv episodes and every episode is different.

Is final Fantasy is anime or what Genre?

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Hi all,
I know it is NOOB Question to ask , but i have to ask !!

Why some People says ANIME is NOT a Cartoon , i thought it is a Genre / sub division of Cartoons

I can Understand animated movie is different then cartoons as They have story and Movie like touch , but anime is like Tv episodes and every episode is different.

Is final Fantasy is anime or what Genre?

Technically Anime is cartoon. But Cartoon among general people is sterotyped as western animation meant for kids. So, many people like to consider Anime different than cartoons.

Final Fantasy is a game :p I think you meant the movie, the movie Advent Children was an Anime.

heidi2521

Padawan
Episode 3 is where it gets dark and serious.

@dead5

Now that I have seen Elfen Lied, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Another and Magica Madoka, what more animes are good enough to watch ? I would like something unique.

Planetes, Dennou Coil, Minami-Ke, Akira, Spirited Away, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Kotoura-San.

Broken Blade is pretty good too even though it may not be the kind of anime you are looking for.

Madoka Magika spoilers:

At the start of the Anime I never expected it to so brutally kill Tomoe or transform Miki into a witch. The Incubator stuff was some twisted ****. After setting such a brutal tone I was fairly disappointed by the ending.

kisame

King of Heroes
Finished Gantz.Great manga.9/10 overall and 20/10 for art.Best art I have seen out of all mangas I have read.Just see the details in art.
*i996.mangareader.net/gantz/383/gantz-4254489.jpg

Piyush

Lanaya
Finished Gantz.Great manga.9/10 overall and 20/10 for art.Best art I have seen out of all mangas I have read.Just see the details in art.
*i996.mangareader.net/gantz/383/gantz-4254489.jpg

Manga was great. But sadly, anime was not upto the mark.

Nue

If you like dark and serious anime, I'd highly suggest you check out Shin Sekai Yori. It's different than your usual highschool moe doe, though. It has a very dark, mysterious atmosphere and has lots of philosophy and symbolism. Certainly not for everyone but if you like this sort of stuff then you'll definitely enjoy it. It's actually quite thought provoking. Definitely the best anime I've seen recently.

heidi2521

Padawan
If you like dark and serious anime, I'd highly suggest you check out Shin Sekai Yori. It's different than your usual highschool moe doe, though. It has a very dark, mysterious atmosphere and has lots of philosophy and symbolism. Certainly not for everyone but if you like this sort of stuff then you'll definitely enjoy it. It's actually quite thought provoking. Definitely the best anime I've seen recently.

+1 to this. Vision of Escaflowne, Sora No Woto, Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night, Steins;gate and Robotics;notes are worth checking out too.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
1. Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
2. Kuroko no Basuke
3. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
4. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
what's with the the reaction dude the first fight b/w goku and vegeta was said to be the real fight since that no actual fight was there b/w goku and vegeta............

getting really bored now no new anime all the anime i have watched are either incomplete or in production or there are no sequel in planning even the few most popular ones.......wth!!!

heidi2521

Padawan
what's with the the reaction dude the first fight b/w goku and vegeta was said to be the real fight since that no actual fight was there b/w goku and vegeta............

getting really bored now no new anime all the anime i have watched are either incomplete or in production or there are no sequel in planning even the few most popular ones.......wth!!!

I'm pretty sure there was a fight in between Goku and Vegeta at the end of the Saiyan Arc.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions. Noted down these in To Watch list.

Started watching Toradora. Funny..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I'm pretty sure there was a fight in between Goku and Vegeta at the end of the Saiyan Arc.
IIRC there wasn't any second duel between them..though Vegeta had a dream of beating Goku..but after seeing Goku's power in Freiza fight he was scared too much to take any chance with Goku :mrgreen:

the only one to beat Goku is Gohan

heidi2521

Padawan
IIRC there wasn't any second duel between them..though Vegeta had a dream of beating Goku..but after seeing Goku's power in Freiza fight he was scared too much to take any chance with Goku :mrgreen:

the only one to beat Goku is Gohan

Yeah. I thought we were talking about the first duel, the one that occurred right after the "OVER 9000!!!" thing.

i hav to agree with that the first battle b/w goku and vegeta was the most epic one..............

Incorrect syntax in this post made me interpret that he was saying that the battle in between Goku and Vegeta wasn't real.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yeah. I thought we were talking about the first duel, the one that occurred right after the "OVER 9000!!!" thing.

let me recollect that it was calculation during Napa's fight with Goku and the same calculation was done when fighting with Racoon (that episode was also superb)
When so many of fighters couldn't succeed in defeating Napa (picolo,krillin etc etc) then only our superhero succeed in playing with Napa (that whole episode is amazing)

To be honest I don't watch Anime a lot but these are only I watched & liked very much
DBZ, Bleach, Flame of Recca, Yu-gi-Oh, Card Captor Sakura

now I m thinking of Full Metal Alchemist (heard a lot about it) & how is Tears to Teara?

heidi2521

Padawan
let me recollect that it was calculation during Napa's fight with Goku and the same calculation was done when fighting with Racoon (that episode was also superb)
When so many of fighters couldn't succeed in defeating Napa (picolo,krillin etc etc) then only our superhero succeed in playing with Napa (that whole episode is amazing)

To be honest I don't watch Anime a lot but these are only I watched & liked very much
DBZ, Bleach, Flame of Recca, Yu-gi-Oh, Card Captor Sakura

now I m thinking of Full Metal Alchemist (heard a lot about it) & how is Tears to Teara?

IIRC, after the fight with Nappa goku flew off to fight Vegeta. He was kicking ass until Vegeta transformed into the great ape after which it was Krillin and Gohan who saved the day. I haven't watched DBZ for a long time and I'm still at ep. 75 in my Dragon Ball rewatch.

The FMA manga is good. Dunno about the anime. Never played Tears to Tiara.

Nue

Watch FMA Brotherhood. It follows manga more closely than original FMA. Tears to Tiara (anime) is very good. Especially if you enjoy Fantasy/Magic and stuff.

Top Bottom