Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
So you'd rather that the same people who work day and night to bring you all those awesome comics go hungry?

Yes, they already have a large audience in Japan and other countries, but unlike in anime, they are almost entirely dependent on magazine sales and serializations to earn their bread. Not all manga makes it to anime form.

Besides, it is more comfortable to read a book than it is to view a screen.

i think the way i see it is this if u are living in that country it will cost u cheap......but if u live some other foreign country(like india) well then u have to be pretty rich to enjoy all of this luxury ............... its not about manga people getting jobless hungry or not i think they have enough audience in their own country to feed them.........

started highscool DxD after watching first two episodes i will rate it strictly 18+ XD ..........

Elfen Lied is pretty damn awesome. Nana is probably the best character to me. I like how not everything is in black and white.

what do u mean by black and white??

OK! :) btw how many of you here use madvr+graphics card(6670/similar or above) to watch anime on an IPS panel lcd/led screen.

i dont see any great difference using the graphic card gtx 780 and my igpu hd4000 while watching anime on ips led screen.......(i watched 720p mostly)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
i think the way i see it is this if u are living in that country it will cost u cheap......but if u live some other foreign country(like india) well then u have to be pretty rich to enjoy all of this luxury ............... its not about manga people getting jobless hungry or not i think they have enough audience in their own country to feed them.........

started highscool DxD after watching first two episodes i will rate it strictly 18+ XD ..........

what do u mean by black and white??

i dont see any great difference using the graphic card gtx 780 and my igpu hd4000 while watching anime on ips led screen.......(i watched 720p mostly)

1. I can say it costs almost the same as it does in the US (sometimes even cheaper) and usually the increase is because of shipping costs. It's not too bad to pay Rs. 400-500 for a single volume. Remember that these cost a lot more to make than standard text-only novels because of the quality of the paper used and the quantity of ink spent on each page. And then when you have Vizbig editions or combined volumes, the value for money part increases even more because you usually pay ~900-1100 for a book which has 4x the content of a single tankoubon (usually 3 or 4 volumes in one book). I don't buy the japanese versions for obvious reasons. AFAIK, the japanese tankoubon volumes cost a similar amount as the ones published by foreign presses.
Is it expensive? Maybe. But is it money-wastage? Nope.

2. I'll download it after current downloads finish :D

3. He means they're good and evil I guess. Everything is affected by shades of grey.

4. Picture quality will not be affected as long as your drivers are not messing with the image through whatever adjustments that may be default or may have been made by you. And it is impossible to get GPUs today that do not support 8-bit colour. AFAIK sRGB colour space support is a necessity to be compatible with windows 7/8 (not sure about vista, but I know XP can run in 256 colours). Picture quality can be affected by your connectivity option, but that is only in case of analog vs digital. Between different digital IO options, there will be no difference whatsoever.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
extreme gamer explained it.

Watching these now:

1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

2. Great Teacher Onizuka

3. Kimi no Iru Machi - seamless animations and the story is good too.

4. Girls and Panzer

5. Higurashi no Naku Koroni

6. Another - like the art and the slow eerie atmosphere.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you need to use madvr & in nvidia control panel set the video player using madvr to use dedicated graphics & then use some heavy scaling algorithm in madvr to actually use your GTX780.if you are using TV(& not PC monitor) then you also need to set right color level(both in TV & PC/madvr) & have to rename input label to get true RGB 4:4:4(most people don't know this btw,even i found about this a few weeks ago).

@extreme gamer,8-bit is basic stuff.videophiles discuss about color gamut,RGB levels,yCbCr,gamma correction,chroma upsampling etc.:)

With Blu-Ray the luma (brightness) information is stored in 1920x1080 pixels, however, the chroma (color) information is only stored in 960x540 pixels. So someone somewhere has to upscale those 960x540 chroma information to 1920x1080. There are a multitude of upscaling filters available, all have their advantages and disadvantages. That's why different renderers produce different results. madVR uses a very soft upscaler for chroma to get rid of jaggies.
consider yourself lucky if you are not a videophile otherwise you will spend more time configuring your screen/system than actually using it.:)

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@extreme gamer,8-bit is basic stuff.videophiles discuss about color gamut,RGB levels,yCbCr,gamma correction,chroma upsampling etc.:)

consider yourself lucky if you are not a videophile otherwise you will spend more time configuring your screen/system than actually using it.:)

Oh believe me I know the stuff they talk about...most of it anyway. I wouldn't, however, know the specifics for each encoding/ decode algorithm.

I didn't talk about all that because it wasn't necessary here.

My point was that the GPU is not inherently going to make a difference in image quality. At best it improves performance of the system. Whatever differences occur are because of the driver configurations, assuming that the codec configurations are identical in each case. And if the drivers are configured identically, there will be no difference because the supported colour space for each driver in the consumer section is at least 8-bit now(I think Radeon supports RGB but I'm not sure). 256 colours belong to an era that has passed away.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
extreme gamer explained it.

Watching these now:

1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

2. Great Teacher Onizuka

3. Kimi no Iru Machi - seamless animations and the story is good too.

4. Girls and Panzer

5. Higurashi no Naku Koroni

6. Another - like the art and the slow eerie atmosphere.

Suzumiya - Tell me how much you liked it after you finish it.
I hated it
GTO - you won't be disappointed.
Another - One of my favourites. :)

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
I hated it

actually with suzumiya the new version it was crticised for that long arc its seems like never ending so people got bored...... but i liked the movie most there are so many things still left to be revealed after watching the movie..............

finished high school DxD season 1 i have a feeling that this will take atleast 3-4 seasons to finish the story.....

finished high school DxD season 1 i have a feeling that this will take atleast 3-4 seasons to finish the story.....

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I hated it

Just finished Another. Couldn't help myself finishing in one go. Pretty awesome horror suspense anime.
I didn't like Izumi Akazawa getting killed. Reiko as undead wasn't what I was expecting. Too bad it had to be her, met a lonely death last year
I started Suzumiya because it's similar to Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! and that was a pretty good anime for me. Rikka, Dekomori Sanae and Fake Mori Summer. It was just the right amount of fun.

debarshi

Otaku
I started Suzumiya because it's similar to Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! and that was a pretty good anime for me. Rikka, Dekomori Sanae and Fake Mori Summer. It was just the right amount of fun.

After hearing that, I am going to add Haruhi into my PTW list......... Has anyone here watched Mushishi?

After watching Nerawareta Gakuen, I would recommend everyone here to watch it - its a true eyecandy, and the story is also great :) (Can be rather slow paced for some)

Rather Off topic, but how many of you use XBMC here??

nims11

BIOS Terminator
actually with suzumiya the new version it was crticised for that long arc its seems like never ending so people got bored...... but i liked the movie most there are so many things still left to be revealed after watching the movie..............

I saw the older version and hated it. Then I tried the newer one and left it midway out of frustration. I found the movie fine but overrated.

Just finished Another. Couldn't help myself finishing in one go. Pretty awesome horror suspense anime.
I didn't like Izumi Akazawa getting killed. Reiko as undead wasn't what I was expecting. Too bad it had to be her, met a lonely death last year

Ending was quite unexpected and a bit extreme. I liked it.

Piyush

Lanaya
After hearing that, I am going to add Haruhi into my PTW list......... Has anyone here watched Mushishi?

Mushishi a good piece of anime. If I remember correctly, its also on most popular list on various anime sites.
The protagonist reminds me of Gin from Bleach

kisame

King of Heroes
+1 to Mushishi.
Most of the stories are good and well thought out.
Plus, protagonist is intelligent.
Anime-4.5/5,Manga-5/5

debarshi

Otaku
why is animax removed from dth providers list?

All DTH providers in India delisted Animax as the channel couldn't pay carriage fees. [source : Wikipedia]

That's it in short..... AFAIK no DTH in India provides Animax but I've seen it in cable connections recently (surprised and annoyed I didn't have the same connection)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bleach is confirmed to be ending soon in writer's own words
After this weeks issue, Bleach will be on hiatus from Jump 35-40. Starting from jump 41 (09/09), the last arc "1000 years Blood Ward Arc - The Separation Story" will start.Before the last battle, i will be going on a long hiatus so that I can approach the final battle fully charged and give it my absolute all. When the manga resumes, please prepare yourselves for the "1000 years Blood Ward Arc - The Separation Story".

Piyush

Lanaya
Bleach is confirmed to be ending soon in writer's own words

Thank god. And I thought the series was dead, thanks to the last arc (the one before 1000yrs war arc) which ruined it all.
This was such a good series, but the anime creators ruined it all the way with unnecessary fillers.

Same with Naruto. Wth! Its the climax time in manga and anime makers are still busy showing us the utter boring past of different shinobis :mad: .

Piyush

Lanaya
bleach should have ended with the aizen arc now its becoming too confusing:|

I thought the same thing.
But the 1000 yrs arc aint bad. I read some chapters, the story looks promising. Too many "important" sacrifices from soul society. And this arc will have somewhat equal focus on Ishida too.

snap

Lurker
yeah the 1000 yrs arc was necessary for clarification but they messed up the fullbring arc. how many swords will ichigo change:razz:

Top Bottom