Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is no special hardware requirement for playing hi10p video files besides a fast cpu.any current generation intel dual core cpu 2GHz or above can handle almost all hi10p videos.even older dual core cpu like core2duo 2.0 GHz or above should be able to handle most hi10p videos(except some very high bitrate videos).you just need a hi10p capable video decoder like LAV video decoder & then you have to set it as the preferred decoder in your player preferences for h264 video format.

Piyush

Lanaya
I wonder what are the basic h/w requirements to play a hi10p video file ? :-|
Hi10P won't work on ARM or even Intel ATOM processors (maybe one day, but none of the current ones in 2013 can do it). Hi10P can't be hardware decoded (which is to say, no one makes hardware decoders for them and no company plans to add Hi10P hardware decoding in the foreseeable future), which is what Raspberry-Pi, Android, ATOM processors, and some AMD APU systems require for smooth playback of demanding video (Hi10P is very demanding). Thus, Hi10P requires CPU/software decoding.

A safe bet would be at least a Core 2 Duo/Celeron G530 processor (or equivalent AMD) or higher.
source wiki
is this new video type? hi10p

Hi10P (also called "10-bit") is a profile of the h.264 video codec. It has recently become popular in the anime scene for video encodes.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
completed naruto series and shippunden till episode 175 its amazing!!!

watched in sub and i think it was definitely better then dub.......

music is the best think in both the series.....

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Even a Pentium 4 can play hi10p, provided you have the right codecs and the right software :-|

This. Codecs will take care of the translation from 10-bit to 8-bit colour space.

The reason they use hi10p is because it allows for improved colours (or that is what the encoders said) and smaller file size.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
This. Codecs will take care of the translation from 10-bit to 8-bit colour space.

The reason they use hi10p is because it allows for improved colours (or that is what the encoders said) and smaller file size.

can u pm me sites for getting subbed or dubbed anime in 10 bit format...

Neo

^it wont matter he you have 10 bit anime, cuz you use vlc to play them. :p
@Extreme Gamer 10 bits certainly have improved colours, but smaller file size? I dont think so. I really like the quality of Coalgirls' (which of course they encode in 10 bit) but their file sizes are huge.

debarshi

Otaku
Coalgirl's quality is good (files are mighty huge), but they take a lot of time releasing anime....... And suppose you're watching the now-airing anime, you have to wait a lot for their releases.....

BTW if anyone is watching
1. Love LAB
2. Kiniro Mosaic
3. Free

Which fansubber do you prefer?

Piyush

Lanaya
G-Senjou no Maou is starting to pick up pace now.
The first 1 hour was pretty much simple and plain. The story took its pace as soon as a new girl arrived in the school, who calls herself "hero".
I'm still not sure whether the main character is a good guy or bad one, but one thing for sure, he is in the league of Lelouch and Death Note's N when it comes to brain power. Also, he is rich and has a playboy kinda personality in his classroom. Also, he happens to be the son of
A mafia who deals in both legit and illegitimate work. And this son of his, is the brains behind the work
On the other hand, the girl seems to be reserved, absent minded and yet even more smarter than he is.

Will try to give 2 hrs daily to this VN.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
coalgirls is a blu-ray only subbing group so obviously they will take time because blu-ray are released at least 5-6 months after series end on TV & takes another 5-6 months to get all episodes released on blu-ray.as for file size:
500mb normal h264 video quality=400mb hi10p video quality
500mb hi10p video quality>500mb normal h264 video quality
since groups like coalgirls prefer quality over size so file size remains same but quality is increased by using hi10p.

Piyush

Lanaya
how far naruto has gone in anime compared to manga is the anime complete?

i couldn't see any 10 tails episode.......
10 tails have arrived in anime. Though , now the anime is happily filled up with annoying fillers. Its gonna see the same fate as Bleach suffered with.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
10 tails have arrived in anime. Though , now the anime is happily filled up with annoying fillers. Its gonna see the same fate as Bleach suffered with.

i m still in episode 200

skipped fillers after hero of the leaf

btw i hate that damn sasuke ......

anyone know site like animeout where low size high quality mkv files are available for download for naruto

Top Bottom