Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Copied Anime...Naruto is a copy of what??

DBZ and here are the reasons why:
#1 Colour scheme of the clothes of Naruto and Sasuke that resembled Goku and Vegeta.

#2 Yellow/golden hair as in SSJ forms

#3 Hinata's resemblance of young and shy Chi-chi

#4 Rasengan like a kamehameha ball (Goku vs Frieza)

#5 Minato's FTJ like Goku's IT

#6 Use of Clone Justus like what almost everybody used to train during Dragonball

#7 A jinchuriki named Son Goku, whose transformation resembles Oozaru form.

#8 representation of tailed beasts as if they were like an oozaru who destroys everything in his rampage.

#9 Destroying of Pain's artificial mini moon like Master Roshi/Piccolo destroyed the moon.

#10 Rasenshuriken like destructo disk

#11 Sasuke's sword style resembling Trunks'

#12 I bet the Senju clan was named after Senzu beans

#13 Partial/complete expansion jutsu like Lord Slug (a super namek)

#14 Reanimation jutsu like a spammed rebirth wish from shenron or Buu's regeneration

#15 Orochimaru is like Princess Snake

#16 Dende's healing powers were used as base for Medical ninjutsu

#17 Killing of an entire planet Vegeta was shortend to Uchiha clan massacre.

#18 Killing of an entire planet Namek was shortend to killing of entire leaf village..

#19 Ino-shika-cho was a pig in a filler Dragon ball Episode. Only the name was copied in Naruto-verse

#20 Naruto teaching Konohamaru the rasengan much like Goku teach Gohan the Kamehameha

#21 Naruto undergoing trail for Toad oil like Goku did for Holy water.

#22 Pervert sage Jiraya and pervert Turtle Hermit Master Roshi.

#23 Naruto loosing his cool and transforms into 6 tailed form. Goku transforming into Oozaru after seeing the full moon.

#24 Goku's training with Master Roshi was not much effective but with Kami was great and with King Kai even better. this was the same with Naruto. Training with Jiraya during time skip was not much effective, with Kakashi it was great and with the Toads even better.

abhidev

Human Spambot
#1 Colour scheme of the clothes of Naruto and Sasuke that resembled Goku and Vegeta.

#6 Use of Clone Justus like what almost everybody used to train during Dragonball

#8 representation of tailed beasts as if they were like an oozaru who destroys everything in his rampage.

#9 Destroying of Pain's artificial mini moon like Master Roshi/Piccolo destroyed the moon.

#14 Reanimation jutsu like a spammed rebirth wish from shenron or Buu's regeneration

#18 Killing of an entire planet Namek was shortend to killing of entire leaf village..

#19 Ino-shika-cho was a pig in a filler Dragon ball Episode. Only the name was copied in Naruto-verse

#20 Naruto teaching Konohamaru the rasengan much like Goku teach Gohan the Kamehameha

#23 Naruto loosing his cool and transforms into 6 tailed form. Goku transforming into Oozaru after seeing the full moon.

#24 Goku's training with Master Roshi was not much effective but with Kami was great and with King Kai even better. this was the same with Naruto. Training with Jiraya during time skip was not much effective, with Kakashi it was great and with the Toads even better.

Well I don't know much abt DBZ to be honest... But copy is different and inspiration is different

Since DBZ was so popular it definitely must have major influence on so many other anime's.

What about the difference between the plots?

Dragon Ball is based on supernatural aliens attacking earth. Naruto is based on ninjas. They're both shonen animes and are bound to have similarities IMO.

Below comment is taken from a forum:-
Pretty much every shonen anime and manga that was made after Dragon Ball has been influenced by it in some way. I really don't see too many similarities. Naruto is a fully human ninja who has a demon fox sealed inside of him. He strives for acceptance and his dream of becoming the Hokage. He tries to save his friend from being consumed by hatred, but isn't strong enough. Dragon Ball is about an alien-ape-saiyan thing who protects Earth with the Z-Fighters from extraterrestrial villains.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
DBZ is super-awesome in the initial episodes...boring a bit in the ending episodes :mrgreen:

first duel between Goku vs Vegeta was epic!!!

icebags

Technomancer
i read this before too, naruto was there to soothe many dbz fans when they terminated the series. many ppl cried and many moved on with naruto. :D

& seems another fate series is being released: Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya.

Last edited:

sggupta95

Broken In
on the topic of manga purchases,i just recently got my one piece volume 67 from flipkart and it was awesome!:mrgreen:
the quality is very much different from scanlations,and you can see every detail.
anyways,when did flipkart started selling mangas?i was just browsing and passing time when i suddenly found that out.so, i then ordered one piece.

and bleach,thank god that travesty is ending. but i wouldn't hold my breath,as god aizen only knows how long he will stretch this final arc.
and about the anime ruining bleach/,i think that that's entirely wrong. you have to understand,the pace of manga is very slow compared to th anime.this is partly because of the difference of the mediums,as 20 pages of a comic consisting heavily of fights can be animated in around 5-10 min.also,bleach's manga is plagued by slow pacing.fillers are a necessary evil.if they didn't have fillers,the entire anime would have slow as hell pace,remember DBZ??if anything,anime of bleach has quite good direction and good soundtrack,despite the source material.
anyways,it doesn't matter much because frankly,bleach sucks.this is coming from a guy whose entry into anime(you know,ignoring doraemon,shin chan and things like that) started with bleach.i once thought that bleach was awesome,but now i have realised i was wrong.no doubt,the soul society arc was very good,possesing something called a "plot".but it all began going downhill after that.

1. I can say it costs almost the same as it does in the US (sometimes even cheaper) and usually the increase is because of shipping costs. It's not too bad to pay Rs. 400-500 for a single volume. Remember that these cost a lot more to make than standard text-only novels because of the quality of the paper used and the quantity of ink spent on each page. And then when you have Vizbig editions or combined volumes, the value for money part increases even more because you usually pay ~900-1100 for a book which has 4x the content of a single tankoubon (usually 3 or 4 volumes in one book). I don't buy the japanese versions for obvious reasons. AFAIK, the japanese tankoubon volumes cost a similar amount as the ones published by foreign presses.
Is it expensive? Maybe. But is it money-wastage? Nope.

thank you, now i feel better about buying manga.it's not weird and useless!!:cry:

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
U WOT M8?

Majin Buu arc is best arc.

i hav to agree with that the first battle b/w goku and vegeta was the most epic one..............

well idk if naruto is copy of dbz or not but i would just like to watch it if it is.........

abhidev

Human Spambot
well idk if naruto is copy of dbz or not but i would just like to watch it if it is.........

I haven't seen a single episode of DBZ... but currently watching Naruto... If you keep aside the fillers Naruto is just awesome... also it's not that all fillers are bad, most of them are good too

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Completed Puella Magi Madoka Magica 9.5/10

Another unique story. Excellent art style and music.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I started watching Aria the Animation. OMG, it is so beautiful!

I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a utopia/fantasy/sci-fi/slice-of-life show. It makes for a good break from all the action and brutal violence, apart from the ecchi found in many of the more "mature" shows. I could argue this show is much more mature than any of them.

It is very clean, the animation is beautiful, the scenery is very visually appealing and the music brings tears to my eyes!

Amazing is an understated description for it.

I've watched 3 episodes and the show easily gets 100/100 so far.

Piyush

Lanaya
Finally completed all the arcs of Little Busters EX. Its now the 2nd most lovable VN I completed so far (after Katawa Shouju).
Each character is equally important. The bond between the childhood friends is shown so beautifully that several moments were the same as my own childhood (and I bet it'll be same with everyone else too).

The only downside was its pace and length. The author should have gone for a lil less background script so as to reduce the length. Right now, it took me roughly 47 hours to complete all the routes. Still there were 5-6 paths which I couldnt make through and honestly I was exhausted too.

Now I can finally start G-Senjou no Maou (Devil on a G-String :D )

Top Bottom