Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
i remember your ouran purchase & that's why i said you must be rich since you have more than one series.i simply can not convince myself to spend this much on a manga series unless my earning is in at least 50k/month range.i also dislike the americanization(aka censoring & such) of manga series by US companies so i prefer to read unofficial scanlation.

Thankfully this series is not Americanized at all. None of mine are. Except for Fullmetal Alchemist, none of the books actually had censorship. Even Fullmetal only censored the F-word (which was rarely used). Other words like bas.tard were left untouched.

Viz and Tokyopop are two publishers that I think do the least amount of Americanization. All this from experience with the above books and Card Captor Sakura. My brother bought Pokemon and The Legend of Zelda but I have not read them yet.

@Extreme Gamer
Congrats bro
Btw, is there any renting facility too just like its there in countries like UK, France, etc... ?

Thank you!

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any renting facilities. Given how the Indian manga and anime market is a niche among niches, I don't see renting facilities starting anytime soon. That said, you should check out some of the bigger libraries.

They sometimes have comic book sections. There you might find some :)

My MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka and Double Fin Funnels set arrived guys!!

*i.imgur.com/DweEroW.jpg

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Yup.

If you like Metal:

superlike!!!!!!!!

i remember your ouran purchase & that's why i said you must be rich since you have more than one series.i simply can not convince myself to spend this much on a manga series unless my earning is in at least 50k/month range.i also dislike the americanization(aka censoring & such) of manga series by US companies so i prefer to read unofficial scanlation.

even if people earn more than that much its not justified to waste such huge amount of money in manga.......

^ El Psy Congroo!!

lol.........

highschool DxD now available in english dub........!!!!!!!!!

for best english dub visit this *www.exiled-destiny.com/encodes.html

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
even if people earn more than that much its not justified to waste such huge amount of money in manga.......

So you'd rather that the same people who work day and night to bring you all those awesome comics go hungry?

Yes, they already have a large audience in Japan and other countries, but unlike in anime, they are almost entirely dependent on magazine sales and serializations to earn their bread. Not all manga makes it to anime form.

Besides, it is more comfortable to read a book than it is to view a screen.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^actually manga authors are in a much better position compared to anime producers because unlike anime production companies they directly get royalty(when manga is turned to anime manga authors get little as much of the profit goes to production companies as they spend the most on turning manga into anime) & compared to anime manga sales in Japan are much more in percentage of total sales worldwide.in fact there are examples of anime production companies suffering major losses on anime based on popular manga because of poor sales as many people do not like all anime adaptations & most of the time companies alter content,only major series like naruto,bleach,one piece etc gets true anime adaptation.

that does not mean that you should not buy manga.if you can spend then do buy some manga titles occasionally(just like PC games) without busting your wallet.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^^actually manga authors are in a much better position compared to anime producers because unlike anime production companies they directly get royalty(when manga is turned to anime manga authors get little as much of the profit goes to production companies as they spend the most on turning manga into anime) & compared to anime manga sales in Japan are much more in percentage of total sales worldwide.in fact there are examples of anime production companies suffering major losses on anime based on popular manga because of poor sales as many people do not like all anime adaptations & most of the time companies alter content,only major series like naruto,bleach,one piece etc gets true anime adaptation.

that does not mean that you should not buy manga.if you can spend then do buy some manga titles occasionally(just like PC games) without busting your wallet.

I think I wrote "not all manga get's turned into anime". While it's true that none of my manga (so far) is manga-only, I do have a number of more different manga that is not in anime-form in my upcoming purchases list.

Besides, I bought this one after like 3-4 months from Ouran :)

Anime producers do earn a lot of money. They mostly earn from cinemas (in case of movies), from TV channels who buy rights to show the series and from dvd/blu-ray sales. Manga authors are mostly dependent on royalty and magazine sales. Besides, until a series is turned into anime, in the beginning you don't earn much.

The amount of work done per person is also more in case of mangaka.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that is why i wrote that post.manga authors don't get much from their manga turned into anime anyway & it is fansub anime which affects sales of anime in international market much more than fan translations of manga so manga writers have no reason to worry about fan translations.in any case less than 10% of manga series(usually major ones) gets officially translated into english so for most manga series you have no option of buying english version in the first place.

as for sales just think about it.what would you buy:12 episode anime series based on manga distributed across 6 dvd/blu-ray each costing at least $30-40 & not even complete or the full manga series for 1/3rd of the price.also remember this is international market we are talking about & not Japan which makes up for almost 90-95% of manga sales & obviously someone living in Japan is not going to download english translation of manga.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
that is why i wrote that post.manga authors don't get much from their manga turned into anime anyway & it is fansub anime which affects sales of anime in international market much more than fan translations of manga so manga writers have no reason to worry about fan translations.in any case less than 10% of manga series(usually major ones) gets officially translated into english so for most manga series you have no option of buying english version in the first place.

as for sales just think about it.what would you buy:12 episode anime series based on manga distributed across 6 dvd/blu-ray each costing at least $30-40 & not even complete or the full manga series for 1/3rd of the price.also remember this is international market we are talking about & not Japan which makes up for almost 90-95% of manga sales & obviously someone living in Japan is not going to download english translation of manga.

My point wasn't the international market. My point was anime creators making money :) So in that regard I think they do manage to make money if they make good products.

Obviously I wouldn't buy anime because I wouldn't have enough space to store it. (1.3TB isn't a joke).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
more than space it's the cost.a 12 episode blu-ray series in international market will cost same as a 3tb hdd.anime creators always make money in Japanese market if their creation is good but in international market because of mostly terrible english dubs & translations not to mention huge time delay in releasing of BDs many simply download fansub version which affects the sale of US companies having the rights of those series.even then this does not affect japanese market so there companies & mangakas make money as long as it is well received like you said.

in summary:as of now downloading manga in India does not hurt manga authors in Japan & downloading anime hurts just a little bit.:)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
more than space it's the cost.a 12 episode blu-ray series in international market will cost same as a 3tb hdd.anime creators always make money in Japanese market if their creation is good but in international market because of mostly terrible english dubs & translations not to mention huge time delay in releasing of BDs many simply download fansub version which affects the sale of US companies having the rights of those series.even then this does not affect japanese market so there companies & mangakas make money as long as it is well received like you said.

in summary:as of now downloading manga in India does not hurt manga authors in Japan & downloading anime hurts just a little bit.:)

I've seen that 12-episode anime isn't that expensive in blu-ray. I'm comparing what I spent on my Caviar green. Maybe it differs from series to series.

But yeah bigger shows do tend to get quite expensive.

And I still think manga that doesn't make it to anime form can hurt the income of the author if read online.

Piyush

Lanaya
Yup. Even though manga creators get some "funds" after their work completion, but I do still believe that Anime still rules in countries except Japan. Because the people (including most of us) believe that its better to buy anime than manga, if one has to really spend something.
The aura of having anime with us is better than that of manga .

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Yup. Even though manga creators get some "funds" after their work completion, but I do still believe that Anime still rules in countries except Japan. Because the people (including most of us) believe that its better to buy anime than manga, if one has to really spend something.
The aura of having anime with us is better than that of manga .

Exactly. The primary source for a mangaka to earn money is magazine sales until the anime is produced (if at all). Tankoubon sales do not earn them as much money.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@extreme gamer,@Piyush,you are missing my point.i am saying that even after anime is produced it will never be the main or even close to main source of earning for manga authors.manga authors main source of earning has always been magazine/print media sale.that is another matter if this earning is big or small depending on their success.only significant benefit for a manga author when their work is turned into anime is the acknowledgement of industry/peers/society that their work is recognized on a wide scale.

Piyush

Lanaya
@extreme gamer,@Piyush,you are missing my point.i am saying that even after anime is produced it will never be the main or even close to main source of earning for manga authors.manga authors main source of earning has always been magazine/print media sale.that is another matter if this earning is big or small depending on their success.only significant benefit for a manga author when their work is turned into anime is the acknowledgement of industry/peers/society that their work is recognized on a wide scale.

Ok now that you bold the "source" word, I get what you meant. :)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

I wasn't disagreeing with you whitestar. I was adding on to what you were saying :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Elfen Lied is pretty damn awesome. Nana is probably the best character to me. I like how not everything is in black and white.

Top Bottom