AMD Phenom II benchmarks out!! Goodbye Q94xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hardly a post worth replying to but i'll do it anyway.
backup your "ROFLMAO" with something you might have that proves i'm wrong?

im the owner of 3 cards. never said im using it in 1 machine. did i?

I just can't stopping laughing at this. :)

PS: Am not being sarcastic.

LoRdKsHiTiJ

Hardware Enthusiast
seriously guys, as much as i would like to stick around for your pshycotic behaviour, you fail to say anything concrete at all which makes me enjoy this company of yours less, every passing second.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ more ROFLMAO.

I have five HD4870 X2's, two Q9650's, three Phenoms and five cooler master 400W PSU's.

and I am running all of them in one cabinet. seriously!!!!

Last edited:

LoRdKsHiTiJ

Hardware Enthusiast
^^ more ROFLMAO.

I have five HD4870 X2's, two Q9650's, three Phenoms and five cooler master 400W PSU's.

and I am running all of them in one cabinet. seriously!!!!
and....im supposed to say....what? "oh wow , you're the man" ????

if i begin to count the piece of expensive hardware i have, it'll make you guys look like a toddler with their candy's.

amitash

Intel OCer
the market speaks for themselves. a single gtx 280 can & HAS beaten everything ATI has got with the exception of HD4870x2.

AND the 4850x2

an overall amd build with ati cards cost > an overall intel build with nvidia gpu.

LOL...cant stop laughing.

i dont have the funds for another psu atm so the tx650 is enough for 2.

besides, ive already mentioned earlier i will be scrapping everything anyway to make way for core i7.

Where did your common sense go when you bought 3 gtx 280s and a 650W PSU...Should have bought 2 gtx 280s and a better PSU and added another gtx 280 later instead of keeping one in a show case....OR if your not biased towards a company as yuo claim to be, you should have bought 3x4870x2's at nearly the same price and better performance.

if i begin to count the piece of expensive hardware i have, it'll make you guys look like a toddler with their candy's.

go float you cash somewhere else...the point is spending cash wisely instead of throwing it around like you have with 3 cards and a pointless PSU.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
LoRdKsHiTiJ said:
i can tell you 1 thing for sure. it didn't take intel long to intro core i7 to the world. but its sure gonna take amd atleast 2 years to even come close to core i7.
:lol: Core i7? Hello! Mind checking out the time Intel took to release "Core" architecture? Given your weak reasoning and lack of knowledge about all this, you may not be able to reason yourself that Core was the actual thing that Intel did, not Core i7!

Mind checking out information about the era AMD ruled? Mind checking out Athlon XP, 64, X2 release articles when Intel simply had no reply? You may not be glad to know that Intel took a lot time with 'Core', and until it came out, there was no match for AMD high ends.

And I aint an AMD fanboy. If I want a dual core rig for gaming, I'll go right away with Intel. But If I want a budget-future-proof-do-everything-PC, I'll go for AMD quads.

its amusing to see comparison of HD4870x2 (which actually is 2 cards on 1 PCB by logic) with an actual single GPU. anyways, im not here to judge anything here. it hasn't taken any time for nvidia to beat that too. besides, the so called "best" of ATI has its own sets of disadvantages with increased power.
Two cards on one PCB? I wouldnt care if it were 0.001 card on one PCB. :lol:
The fact that it wins over GTX 280 is all that matters! And I am glad that you accepted it, it has been a tough time for others to make you realise the truth.

And yeah, given the fact that you run GTX 280 in Tri-SLI on a TX650 Power supply, I'm sure you are hell bent on the power demand of cards! Why dont you get yourself a couple of Via S3 Chrome cards in multi-chrome mode. As you do not care about performance (clear from the fact that you got three GTX-280s) and you are very stringent on Power demand(your PSU); the Via combo should serve you really well. :lol:

Whoa! Now its about showing who's got better hardware/who's richer!
Seriously, I can browse the web as well as any Core i7 guy can. :p

And though I'd like to, I dont believe you have what you are bragging about. Anybody would be fooled by the way you carry yourself and show your adamant behaviour. :p

Next time, do a compatibitlity research before you post any of your fake rigs.

----------------
Why dont you go to the Intel and nVidia forums and brag about all that? Looking at your fanboyism, Im sure they'll gift you an i7 rig with GTX 295 tri-SLI.
In other words, if you happen to come around again with any of your sh1tty rants, at least I'll skip reading your Post.
That would leave us AMD-fanboys-who-dont-know-anything in peace. Phew! :neutral:

----------------
I forgot one thing, puhleez, neXt time you mention any of your genuine reviews, please use BB codes to "qoute" them. That would make your worthless posts look a bit more easy on the eyes. Muhuhahaha! :twisted:

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
seriously guys, as much as i would like to stick around for your pshycotic behaviour, you fail to say anything concrete at all which makes me enjoy this company of yours less, every passing second.
Cut down on the ENGLISH a bit, ease up. Seriously, dun get hyper!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
The Dragon Platform

AMD phenom 2 940 OCed to 3.5ghz is beating Corei7 920 with same HD 4870 on both
Only in games

But in other application 5% only faster AMD phenom 940 OCed to 3.5Ghz

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
*img293.imageshack.us/img293/234/hl2ocsv9.th.gif

*img184.imageshack.us/img184/491/farcry2ocwq5.th.gif

just 2 samples in games more of them u can see in "overclockers.com,extremereviews,tomshardware etc"

this is some more Bench marks , its only equal to corei7 920 in some cases not completely equal corei7 920 is bit faster than phenom 2 940 i agree with that

Bench marks

*www.tbreak.com/articles/37/4/AMD-Phenom-II-X4-940/Page4.html

*www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2338344,00.asp

*www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2338347,00.asp

*www.guru3d.com/article/amd-phenom-ii-x4-920-and-940-review-test/19

*www.guru3d.com/article/amd-phenom-ii-x4-920-and-940-review-test/17

Last edited:

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Man PII has the best VFM setup right now.. Also the current PII benchmarks are not 100% as PII are mainly designed for AM3 not AM2 + /.. The best part i like abt AMD that they doesn't force users to buy new Mobo like Intel does..

i7 is way costly setup ix58 would cost a bomb not lowere than 15k and same goes for i7 add another 6-8k for DDr3 chips.. and you can get 790GX at 6.3k ):)

I won't buy PII now as I have recently got Phenom X3 , currently running it @ 2.6 ghz will push it more once I get Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer..

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ That is totally true. yes. Phenom II is for those on a budget of 50k for the entire rig. for more than that, it's core i7 all the way. But if Intel cuts the price of core i7 to somewhere around 11k-12k and releases a mobo that costs 9k for core i7, it's going to be trouble for AMD.

amitash

Intel OCer
this is some more Bench marks , its only equal to corei7 920 in some cases not completely equal corei7 920 is bit faster than phenom 2 940 i agree with that

What that says is core i7 at 2.66Ghz is = or faster than phenom 2 at 3.5Ghz, thats 900mhz

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
What that says is core i7 at 2.66Ghz is = or faster than phenom 2 at 3.5Ghz, thats 900mhz

the reviews says the following measures ?? that if AMD phenom 2 940 OC to 3.5 then it ll be equal to Corei7 920

If sure corei7 is Oced means sure beats the P2

The Gaming PC buyers under 50K is well deserved now , they r gifted !!!

darklord

Cyborg Agent
PH II should be cheaper.
Consider this,

PH II 920 = 14.5k
i7 920 = 15.5k

Which would you prefer ?
Only thing going against i7 right now are the boards, they are expensive.

i7 makes much more sense right now even though its slightly expensive. Still, i will pick up AM3 PH II + AM3 790FX bundle as i just cant resist the fact that PH II loves cold :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom