AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
AMD to Showcase Bulldozer Microprocessors at CeBIT Trade-Show - X-bit labs

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

AMD to showcase Bulldozer at CeBit

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here's a little bit about mobos :

MSI and ASRock Present AM3 Bulldozer Motherboards Powered by AMD 800-series Chipsets - Softpedia

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
beautiful mobos TP. and that msi one shows shipping in april :-D. and rumors say bulldozer compatible with existing am3. :-D. cant wait :-D.
and amd is presenting bulldozer at same place tp: cebit. but when??

utkarsh009

In the zone
offtopic: ^^in that case look at saswat23's signature. 100 cores and 400 threadings. imagine if ever it will be available for the price of athlon...... lol

rchi84

In the zone
Nah, given AMD's history, I think we will be lucky if the Bulldozer can match the Nehalem in performance. I don't see it surpassing Sandy Bridge..

AMD has always caught up to the previous Gen of Intel CPUs for a while now.. I don't see that trend changing anytime soon.

rajan1311

Padawan
Nah, given AMD's history, I think we will be lucky if the Bulldozer can match the Nehalem in performance. I don't see it surpassing Sandy Bridge..

AMD has always caught up to the previous Gen of Intel CPUs for a while now.. I don't see that trend changing anytime soon.

Only if we could actually understand what those architecture charts actually meant, would we be even in a position to comment. We simply cant say that just because AMD has not done it before, they can't do it.

Lets just keep our fingers crossed :)

saswat23

Human Spambot
AMD Bulldozer, Llano launch dates leaked

The release dates for AMD Bulldozer and
Llano appear to have ended up being leaked
to a Turkish trade mag.
The mag is claiming that Bulldozer will be in
the shops in June 20 and Llano will be ready
in July. AMD UK estimates Llano won't be
available until September, last time we talked
to them, at Distree in Monaco.
The information is attributed to industrial
sources which probably means a supplier
spilt the beans.
The Turkish site has found a leaked slide
and quotes information gathered by
"industrial sources," and various reports are
indicating that AMD plans to launch its
upcoming high-end desktop Bulldozer CPUs
sometime during the week of June 20,
Looking at it all it
would appear that
Bulldozer will arrive in
quad-core, six-core and eight-core variants
using the FX handle. There will be two
FX4000-series chips, two will be FX6000-
series chips and four will be FX8000s.
Four processors are expected to appear in
Q2 2011 while the other four are planned
for the last quarter.
The Llano A-Series APUs will appear in two-
core, three-core and quad-core flavours just
when the US is celebrating its illegal French-
backed coup against its lawful King. More
than eleven Llamo APUs will be released
throughout the year.
The slides give us a two year view of what
AMD has planned. It looks like over the next
two years all three Llano APUs will support
1,600 MHz DDR3 memory at 45W.
"BeaverCreek" and "WinterPark" integrated
DirectX 11 GPUs will be shoved under the
bonnet.
Llano will be aimed at the mainstream and
performance markets during 2011 whereas
the Zacate will go into the essential market
and Ontario will head for the sub-12-inch
markets respectively.
If the world does not end in 2012, Trinity,
Richland, Wichita will be released to target
the essential, mainstream and performance
markets. A Krishna APU will target the
sub-12-inch devices probably by riding a
horse and killing off sinners with a bow.

J

Joker

i wish bulldozer edges sandy bridge in performance.

it will definitely not make a joke of it like athlon 64 vs pentium 4.

[X-bit] Four AMD Bulldozer Chips Incoming: Details Revealed

The initial family of AMD's FX-series microprocessors based on Bulldozer micro-architecture will include four models with eight, six or four cores and 95W or 125W thermal design power (TDP).

The first breed of AMD FX8000, FX6000 and FX4000 currently known under Zambezi code-name will completely support all the advantages that the Bulldozer micro-architecture is supposed to bring, including new Flex FP floating point processing unit. The new chips in maximum eight-core configurations are projected - by AMD's internal documents - to offer roughly 50% performance improvement over Phenom II-series microprocessors in multimedia applications.

*i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/Bloodlust28/Forum%20Images/amdbulldozer.png

Source

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
lets see what exclusive features it brings to the table. in todays world, high clock speed isn't of any use (without a proper efficient architecture).

pauldmps

Banned
Source: AMD Zambezi Based FX CPUs Box-Art Leaked > CPUs > Techtree.com

*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/114779_1.jpg

lordirecto

In the zone
@ALL: We Indians are very keen when it comes to getting free stuff and exchange bonanzas :D
And the way you people are bargaining about the upcoming prices of AMD proccys, I strongly believe that AMD has to have a counselling with you people before fixing their price.
:+1:

[XBIT] AMD Aims to Fight Core i7 “Sandy Bridge” with Bulldozer

*www.xbitlabs.com/cms/include/image.php?src=/images/news/2011-03/amd-pos.png&width=550&height=456&cache=1&quality=75&aspect=0&format=png

Among the advantages that are mentioned by the AMD documents that X-bit labs has happened to see are “more overclocked cores”, “more cores dual graphics, OpenCL and GPU” compute and others. By the end of the year the firm expects over 10% of its desktop products to be based on the Bulldozer micro-architecture and be in the AM3+ form-factor.

AMD Orochi design is the company's next-generation processor for high-end desktop (Zambezi) and server (Valencia) markets. The chip will feature eight processing engines, but since it is based on Bulldozer micro-architecture, those cores will be packed into four modules. Every module which will have two independent integer cores (that will share fetch, decode and L2 functionality) with dedicated schedulers, one "Flex FP" floating point unit with two 128-bit FMAC pipes with one FP scheduler. The chip will have shared L3 cache, new dual-channel DDR3 memory controller and will use HyperTransport 3.1 bus. The Zambezi chips will use new AM3+ form-factor and will require brand new platforms.

Source

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
FX will be back! :razz:

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

moreover these 4 are just initial breed.
more will come after that which will be more powerful.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
all thats left is some flashy AMD ads. without ads, Indian ppls will believe AMD to be another Chinese chip making company.

Top Bottom