AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Thats highly unlikely dude. Zambezi will be much more expensive than current x6. Maybe more than 20k for the slowest processor and top end will exceed 30k or maybe more.

Amd themselves had said that this time around they will eye the top end market and wont play the value game anymore.
They haven't said this anywhere.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
20K for a slowest Zambezi cpu wuld be just an overkill.

I think AMD will release some 10-15K Zambezi CPUs for sure to compete with SB cpus.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
like i said before...8k+ will be sweet spot for zambezi cpu's for desktop.still its just a speculation theres still plenty of time.no site has even got any sample to provide any information,even linus techtips(youtube guy) has been reviewing just a result of a undisclosed amd processor 3.6 ghz 6mb cache.but its surely a am3 cpu.
how likely it will be that a 8-core cpu would be that helpful in day to day computing
however it will be more helpful in compression/decompression,animation/rendering.
i doubt that it will be useful in gaming because games hardly use 4 cores to the max.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I can gurantee that zambezi 8 cores wont be anywhere near 8k. They will be much higher. It will cost $300 and upwards for the cheapest zambezi. Check THIS

Anyway, check more info on bulldozer here and here.

Last edited:

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^ buddy thanks for links.I'm still not convinced it will bring brilliant performance as compared to intel SB.For a gaming system it'll work but for real work it will be second to intel.and BTW i said 8k+ i meant the prices will be always greater then 8k.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^

Piyush, its $300 for the slowest zambezi in US. In india, launch prices are going to be more than 15k for sure.

The stars based cores will be priced around 10 -12k imo.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^

No no stars is not successor of zambezi and is not even bulldozer.:grin:

Its the upcoming llano based fusion apu's which will have existing phenom 2 based dual & quadcores along with llano apu.Amd calls them stars.

Bulldozer based fusion apu's will launch next year.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Nice way to put those phenom II chips in good use IMO.

BTW, I agree with you that 8 core Bulldozers will be priced around ~$300 for sure and if they can perform well AMD might be able hold the price point for long enough.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Nice way to put those phenom II chips in good use IMO.

BTW, I agree with you that 8 core Bulldozers will be priced around ~$300 for sure and if they can perform well AMD might be able hold the price point for long enough.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
From Vicky bat:
"Piyush, its $300 for the slowest zambezi in US. In india, launch prices are going to be more than 15k for sure.

The stars based cores will be priced around 10 -12k imo. "

Can u explain from where did you get that information about zambezi prices?
It will be helpful if u provide that link.And what is stars based cores?
In India after the prices settle down,and a good stockup the prices of hardware are almost equal to the prices in US. so thats not a problem.for that u can check out the prices of 6-core amd lineup.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hardly anyone can claim ANYTHING, I mean no one can talk anything about the prices. No one has a clue.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^

No no stars is not successor of zambezi and is not even bulldozer.:grin:

Its the upcoming llano based fusion apu's which will have existing phenom 2 based quadcores along with llano apu.Amd calls them stars.

Bulldozer based fusion apu's will launch next year.

won't they run hot. cause they'll be manufactured in 45nm node.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Hardly anyone can claim ANYTHING, I mean no one can talk anything about the prices. No one has a clue.

It was mentioned in the xbit website in case you didn't notice. That was the clue. Check here Second paragraph last line.

Though prices can't be confirmed as of now, newer articles are leading that way. But its certain that an 8 core zambezi cpu won't come cheap cause they will be amd's true flagship this time and may have the power to topple intel's flagship at that time or atleast perform neck to neck.

won't they run hot. cause they'll be manufactured in 45nm node.

Well that won't be an issue imo. They would be 3rd generation stars and amd must have tweaked them a bit to incorporate the apu.

It will be seen after launch , how thermally cool stars based llano really is.

Last edited:

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
This news is not old but interesting about the amd am3+ zambezi are to be named after the flag ship models of 2003~2004 the "fx" series.Amd plans to rename it as the "Vision Black FX" for the 8-core and "Ultimate Vision FX" for the 6-core/4-core processors.
the whole topic could be read *internalcomputer.com/amd-resurrect...ulldozer-variants-as-vison-fx-series.computer

Top Bottom