All Metalheads here

Re: Is Rock Culture on its verge of extinction ????

^^
I didnt get a word of what you were saying :|

And you called AMOLAD bad? Wow. Just Wow. :| Its not a great album, yes, but it's not all bad. How can you expect a "Number Of The Beast" every time?

IMO, Brave New World is the only album that can be referred to as "comeback" album. El Dorado is not that great (single from latest album)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

I started my ROCK career kind of like this.
*img809.imageshack.us/img809/4711/cc000005.jpg

Prastah:
Hear some of Iron Maiden's initial albums. Stuff like 7th Son of a 7th Son, Powerslave, Number of the Best, No Prayer for the Dying. The twin-lead attack is just awesome. Try to hear Ryme of the Ancient Mariner -- 13-14 minutes of bliss, with Dickson singing, excellent leads.

red dragon

Master troll

Did you guys go through the nirvana,pearl jam phase?I mean tattered jeans,plaid shirts,dirty canvas shoes and all those angst of late teens,early twenties.

red dragon

Master troll

Yes, grunge.I was probably in 11th standard at that time,RSJ featured an article on Nirvana,I searched about hundred record stores in kolkata for Nevermind and finally bought it from a firang tourist near Indian Museum.

ancientrites

In the zone

i started off with merciful fate,king diamond way back in 95 in muscat,my sis used to bring cassettes from canada.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D

Did you guys go through the nirvana,pearl jam phase?I mean tattered jeans,plaid shirts,dirty canvas shoes and all those angst of late teens,early twenties.

^^
Grunge, basically.

*i50.tinypic.com/28wmixc.jpg
:lol::lol:

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

arguments aside,i would personally like to have red dragon visit the irc #krow,instead of arguing here on tdf.ill be glad if he does.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Same here. I mean did listen to Nirvana but I was never a fan. Especially not of Cobain.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D

cobain's antics were greater than his music -->fact 1

Pearl Jam>>>>>Nirvana -->fact 2

both suck --> fact 3

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

alice in chains,soundgarden and puddle of mudd (post-grunge) are some decent listens though.

Yeah.... seeing lots of these kids wearing Nirvana T-Shirts, I decided to give it a try. It seemed like Nu Metal minus most of its pop-ish crap. No solos, even the few that exist are just improvisations on the riff or the vocals. BOSS DS-1 or ProCo RAT distortion sound. A clean intro riff played with distortion after a few seconds.... I guess they could be catchy to those who like such stuff. But to me, Nirvana felt just like "Another Decent Band".

PS: Rape Me is awesome :D

EDIT: @ red dragon:

Dude... I think you should try out stuff like Black Sabbath's The Devil Cried. Also see their new album (As Heaven and Hell) The Devil You Know. That's the only place you can find stuff close to Black Metal but with philosophical lyrics which are not growled.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Isn't Black Sabbath a more of traditional heavy metal/doom band ? I mean whatever I have heard of Sabbath surealy made me think that.

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);

^^
I didnt get a word of what you were saying :|

And you called AMOLAD bad? Wow. Just Wow. :| Its not a great album, yes, but it's not all bad. How can you expect a "Number Of The Beast" every time?

No no u misunderstood me, i didn't say tat AMOLAD is bad, I liked it very much....infact i preview every album before i buy the original CD....Its just tat my friends didn't like it( who were mostly pop & rap fans... :-x )

Isn't Black Sabbath a more of traditional heavy metal/doom band ? I mean whatever I have heard of Sabbath surealy made me think that.
Well it is. But particular songs, which are unusually heavy by black sabbath standards, fall in the exact category red dragon seems to be asking for. Esp The Devil Cried. VERY heavy guitars, its doom metal but then it could also be part-philosophical in lyrics, Dio's vocals which are heavy but NOT screams/growls.

And maybe those RARE slayer songs which have nice lyrics AND YET keep the same musicianship might also fall into his territory.

Seriously, red dragon sent me to do a musical scavenger hunt with his demands :lol:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

@MetalHeadGautham :- Well I don't remember the Devil Cried. I will listen to it today. I was never much into Sabbath.

@red dragon :- I have the perfect thing for you. Pagan Altar. Hell yeah!

Okay so anyone into tech death ?

My recent discoveries :-
Demilich
Pavor
Augury
Obscura

:) Try them out.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

BTW, MetalheadGautham... can you rename this thread to 'The Metal/Rock Discussion Thread'. We can recco each other bands and help evolve interest in rock and metal. The thread will have more credibility and I am tired of having so less people to talk about metal with.

^^LOL... there was a thread like this earlier I think. Remember ? "All Metalheads Here!" thread.
Why don't you start posting there ? I had put up a lot of stuff there but it was before you joined the forum :p

And I think this is a nice place to discuss "indian rock/metal scene".

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Oh yeah almost forgot about the thread. It's a shame such threads die soon. Your idea's good. Turn it into an Indian rock/metal thread :D.

red dragon

Master troll

Well it is. But particular songs, which are unusually heavy by black sabbath standards, fall in the exact category red dragon seems to be asking for. Esp The Devil Cried. VERY heavy guitars, its doom metal but then it could also be part-philosophical in lyrics, Dio's vocals which are heavy but NOT screams/growls.

And maybe those RARE slayer songs which have nice lyrics AND YET keep the same musicianship might also fall into his territory.

Seriously, red dragon sent me to do a musical scavenger hunt with his demands :lol:

Thanks Gautham & psychosocial for your suggestions,Sabbath was a personal fav but sabbath stone was the last album I listened,will try heaven and hell.Slayer is great,but they are not death.
@ xterminator,I didnot use the word grunge because it is a dirty word today,just like glam metal.BTW I tend to agree with you for the first time,Alice in chain is the best grunge band,even after the death of their iconic frontman,Jerry Cantrell is still going strong.
Grunge was not a great musical movement but it successfully killed the meaningless glam metal of early and mid90s.

qwe1

Straight-edged

kill this thread.

there was a thread like this earlier I think. Remember ? "All Metalheads Here!" thread

ye back when you joined this forum and were advocating meh-talika to death :D

Since the original topic of this thread has served its purpose, and this thread seems to be leading elsewhere, I figured it might be best to merge it with the original metal thread :D

Continue your discussion in the new (old) home boys :p

Top Bottom