All Metalheads here

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Is Rock Culture on its verge of extinction ????

Isn't Black Sabbath a more of traditional heavy metal/doom band ? I mean whatever I have heard of Sabbath surealy made me think that.

Not really heavy metal. Termed has hard rock. There lyrics were easy to understand since they used two of the best singers. Ozzy and Dio. Extremely deep lyrics, with many meanings. As usual, guitar was the the forte, at times over shadowed the singer even. Heavy rifts with long lead breaks.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
Black Sabbath IS the first metal band FYI.they have written every existing riff and note.bands of today reply them with some variations thats all.

Re: Is Rock Culture on its verge of extinction ????

Not really heavy metal. Termed has hard rock. There lyrics were easy to understand since they used two of the best singers. Ozzy and Dio. Extremely deep lyrics, with many meanings. As usual, guitar was the the forte, at times over shadowed the singer even. Heavy rifts with long lead breaks.
While their contemporaries Zep and DP were often switching between the terms Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, it was Black Sabbath which started the seriously "heavy" metal thing as far as I can remember. Because their songs were chiefly riff based.

Anyway, some of their more recent stuff have heavier guitars than their older stuff. Just check them out. Hardly anyone know sabbath outside ozzy and next to nobody knows the Tony Martin lead era or the various mini eras like the time when Gillian was with them.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
True, but there is a thin line between hard rock,rock, heavy metal..? It depends what one feels for the music, and how it sounds to the ear. I certainly find Iron Maiden/Metallica more heavy metal as compared to Black Sabbath.

Was Ian Gillian with Sabbath..ever..?

True, but there is a thin line between hard rock,rock, heavy metal..? It depends what one feels for the music, and how it sounds to the ear. I certainly find Iron Maiden/Metallica more heavy metal as compared to Black Sabbath.

Black Sabbath's HEAVIEST songs sometimes give some of the more usual metallica songs a scare.True, these are only a few. But they exist. Youtube is a good friend ;)

Was Ian Gillian with Sabbath..ever..?
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_Again_(Black_Sabbath_album)
:D
Youtube for Ian Gillian Black Sabbath. See the results. I bet you won't return to the forum for another 2 hours.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
So was this the time when Coverdale was singing with Deep Purple (Stormbringer)...? Now, I vaguely remembering reading this somewhere. Thanks though.

I have quite a lot of Black Sabbaths songs though not the discography, which songs you suggest that are heavier than heavy metal..? I found them lighter. Not doubting you, want to hear your recommendations....!

red dragon

Master troll
Have you people heard FNM`s cover of war pigs?It is weird.Tony Martin stayed with Sabbath for a pretty long time,he is talented without a doubt,but Sabbath were never the same without Ozzy,the only Martin song I can remember is headless cross.

Last edited:
^^
So was this the time when Coverdale was singing with Deep Purple (Stormbringer)...? Now, I vaguely remembering reading this somewhere. Thanks though.

I have quite a lot of Black Sabbaths songs though not the discography, which songs you suggest that are heavier than heavy metal..? I found them lighter. Not doubting you, want to hear your recommendations....!
Only one I remember now is The Devil Cried.

Try getting their discography. Their albums are pretty unique due to lineup changes. Each has its own sound.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Don't know about heavy-heavier-heaviest but I just Black Sabbath music.

Following are in my playlist always.
"Fairies wear boots"
"Spiral Architect"
"Hard Road"
"Children of the grave" (my fav)
"The Wizard"
"War Pigs"
"Sabbath bloody sabbath"
"Iron Man"

b/w, no idea about his genre, but consider "Yngwie Malmsteen" for Guitar riffs ,then I would like to utter "Santana" , would he disgrace this thread's purpose? :-D

^^
Yngwie Malmsteen is neo-classical. A kickass guitarist, but mostly well known for playing 100000x notes per second. Santana may not suit this thread, Yngwie always will. :D

Don't know about heavy-heavier-heaviest but I just Black Sabbath music.

Following are in my playlist always.
"Fairies wear boots"
"Spiral Architect"
"Hard Road"
"Children of the grave" (my fav)
"The Wizard"
"War Pigs"
"Sabbath bloody sabbath"
"Iron Man"

Only Ozzy era songs ?

I know most ppl luv ozzy but DO check out their later era stuff. Like the classic Appice-Dio-Butler-Iommi lineup and the lineups with Cozy Powell (RIP) and Tony Martin. Powell had a really powerful style of playing which was made prominent in the production of albums like Headless Cross.

b/w, no idea about his genre, but consider "Yngwie Malmsteen" for Guitar riffs ,then I would like to utter "Santana" , would he disgrace this thread's purpose? :-D
Best terms for Santana are "Alternative Hard Rock" and "Folk Hard Rock" :lol:

Soft Rock, as long as it has same roots as metal qualifies this thread. Hence it was called dight's Rock House. This means Pink Floyd fans are welcome while Hannah Montana fans are not :p

Any objections will welcome :p

Bangaloreans! Listen up!
*bangalore.afindia.org/node/1394
*bangalore.afindia.org/node/1396

LOTS OF LOCAL BANDS PERFORMING. See above link. 19th and 20th this month :D

Top Bottom