All Metalheads here

ancientrites

In the zone
Re: Is Rock Culture on its verge of extinction ????

I like black metal,but not a hardcore fan,more into older black metal bands like Emperor,Mayhem,Dimmu,Burzum,Enslaved,Kvist etc.Please suggest me some newer stuff(preferably symphonic and environmental ones). Death metal is not my cup of tea,death bands are amazing technically,but I hate those comical cookie monster vocals and blast beats.Can you (or anyone) suggest some death metal bands without those vocals and some meaningful lyrics?BTW do you know Varg Vinkernes of Burzum is out of prison after 15 years?

Sorry bro,actually i prefer popeye or cookie monster vocals,in short raw,Thats how black metal should be.I do keep in touch with old black metal bands.why dont you try ancient rites? get all the albums you will like them.Especially fatherland,dim carcosa,rubicon they are all atmospheric.The first album diabolical serenades is more death style and second album blasfemia eternal is some how black death.few other bands lucifugum,lutomysl,pest(ger),nytalgia,wolfenhordes,gontyna kry,spellcraft, black crucifixion,aeba,aguynguerran,dragobrath,(kroda)-->one of my favourites that might interest you but not are all atmospheric sort of.

I just have best of varg compilation i think its aske and later ones all suck badly.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

I never got into Varg or ambient music for that matter. The only thing that is close to ambient and I like is both of Karl Sander's solo albums :).

red dragon

Master troll

:lol: i agree environment needs to be taken care of,but no need to include it as a musical sub-genre :lol: its atmospheric black metal.

thats as new as Intel releasing pentium processors :lol:

:lol: x 2.Its Vikernes.he's been released long back,and has released a shitty album too.Go dig it and tell your friends "im a metalhead and i dug gold" :lol:

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

also credits to ancientrites for some cool digs there.Nice stuff dude.but red dragon is a farce.
Yes sorry atmospheric:oops:but why the hell you want to pick up a fight all the time?Yes we have different taste for music,and my knowledge is little outdated(as I really do not get time these days)but is it worth the fight,why don`t you suggest me some good black metal,instead of vague underground references?

Last edited:

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D

atomospheric

:lol:

Can you (or anyone) suggest some death metal bands without those vocals and some meaningful lyrics?

there is no death metal without *those vocals* :lol:

flames aside,check out ancientrites digs,and some darkthrone

XTerminator

^ i suggest you do your work first,or you'll end up killing the poor guy/girl :lol:

flaming can wait :lol:

Krow

Crowman

As for me, I am very happy listening to Megadeth these days. Just started with them. Also, liking Promethean Gift by Black Crucifixion.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Start with the UnHoly Trinity.

Black Sabbath.
Led Zeppelin.
Deep Purple.

ancientrites

In the zone

As for me, I am very happy listening to Megadeth these days. Just started with them. Also, liking Promethean Gift by Black Crucifixion.

Was it me who suggested black crucifixion for you.Just kidding.

Krow

Crowman

Was it me who suggested black crucifixion for you.Just kidding.
Yeah! You had suggested a long list a long ago. I had obtained one album each of every band. Couldn't digest the music then. However, I like the guitars on the title track (Promethean Gift), so beginning to appreciate it.

It does take time to get in tune with such music. Here are some others which I have:

Dodheimsgard - Monumental Possession
Enthroned - Prophecies of Pagan Fire
Gorgoroth - Pentagram.

You had recommended these when I had tried out Dimmu Borgir's In Sorte Diaboli. Can't even tolerate that album now.

My pace is very slow, but I guess you can't get used to black/death metal so easily.

qwe1

Straight-edged

i can't believe the audacity of "meh-tul" fans these days.jumping directly to Black metal from mainstream thrash(oh well most thrash is trash or mainstream).why can't you people be happy with other genres or even milder genres of metal like metalcore,power-metal,prog,death,etc.

most black metal is pretentious and symphonic black metal except some good ones is a joke.dimmu borgir after Enthrone Darkness...... became meh and a joke after Puritanical.....

as for the original question.yes rock/metal is dead for those old fossils who don't want to move onto this generation of original and better musicians

ancientrites

In the zone

Yeah! You had suggested a long list a long ago. I had obtained one album each of every band. Couldn't digest the music then. However, I like the guitars on the title track (Promethean Gift), so beginning to appreciate it.

It does take time to get in tune with such music. Here are some others which I have:

Dodheimsgard - Monumental Possession
Enthroned - Prophecies of Pagan Fire
Gorgoroth - Pentagram.

You had recommended these when I had tried out Dimmu Borgir's In Sorte Diaboli. Can't even tolerate that album now.

My pace is very slow, but I guess you can't get used to black/death metal so easily.

if you listen thru ipod or mobile,you will get in touch in no time.since you enjoyed it,why not try gorgoroth- incipit satan and QPAST.as for enthroned try armoured bestial hell.dodheimsgaard, these guys havent released any new stuff since 3 years.Monumental possession is the only stuff that i liked.Please go through my previous posts you want to try some other bands.
If at all you are sick of black metal or want to try something new then try doom.Following are few i like and listen on weekends
Esoteric,void of silence,Wormphlegm,mourning beloveth,skepticism,khanate,ahab,worship,funeralium.
bro,if you are going to try these then you should have lots of patience,why?find out yourself.:smile:
To all doom experts over here(if there are) i know i have included drone band,By no means i want to get hard on Krow.If i had to i would have also included Sunn O))) and various high blood pressure drone bands.
one more thing my dying bride,orange goblin... etc are not my kind of taste.

XTerminator

why can't you people be happy with other genres or even milder genres of metal like metalcore,power-metal,prog,death,etc

half of them dont even know what that is :lol:

most black metal is pretentious and symphonic black metal except some good ones is a joke

half of them also dont know what that is :lol:

dimmu borgir after Enthrone Darkness...... became meh and a joke after Puritanical.....

actually true.seems like you know your music :)

yes rock/metal is dead for those old fossils who don't want to move onto this generation of original and better musicians

sums this thread up

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

To all doom experts over here(if there are) i know i have included drone band,By no means i want to get hard on Krow.If i had to i would have also included Sunn O))) and various high blood pressure drone bands.

theres me,plus my friend who got banned.Sunn O))) is some good **** dude.you can pm me if you want some more drone bands to check out.

qwe1

Straight-edged

drone is great while studying :p.but i still prefer stoner rock & sludge over it.

@ancientrites dude why rec BM when these guys havent heard most metal genres that influence BM in some way.

ancientrites

In the zone

half of them dont even know what that is :lol:

half of them also dont know what that is :lol:

actually true.seems like you know your music :)

sums this thread up

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

theres me,plus my friend who got banned.Sunn O))) is some good **** dude.you can pm me if you want some more drone bands to check out.
already heard enough drone bands.its nice we have few ppl listening to this genre.

@qwe1:Sorry my bad.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

i can't believe the audacity of "meh-tul" fans these days.jumping directly to Black metal from mainstream thrash(oh well most thrash is trash or mainstream).why can't you people be happy with other genres or even milder genres of metal like metalcore,power-metal,prog,death,etc.

most black metal is pretentious and symphonic black metal except some good ones is a joke.dimmu borgir after Enthrone Darkness...... became meh and a joke after Puritanical.....

as for the original question.yes rock/metal is dead for those old fossils who don't want to move onto this generation of original and better musicians

I am not into metalcore or power that much... but I do enjoy meself some progressive rock/metal and death metal.

To be honest, I find Dimmu Borgir to be worse than cow sh1t.

qwe1

Straight-edged

^enthrone.. by dimmu is a great listen

power can be a little too gayish for most people, but metalcore is teh shiz

imo (metal)musical progression should be in this order nu-metal-->mainstream metalcore--->thrash-->finnish power-->power metal-->folk-->melodeath-->doom-->progressive--->symphonic black-->death--->real black

*shouldnt skip beyond folk and should dig atleast 3/5 previous genres

after that you are ready to dig all other obscure metal subgenres which basically rule hard and are really 21st century metal

Guys into Black/Death Metal should try out this weird (but IMHO great) band called Rudra.
They play Vedic Metal music.
Seriously weird and awesome stuff.

And then there is Thermal And A Quarter. Famed recently for their song Shut Up And Vote made for the recent elections. *www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2-h_198EGg&feature=related

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Guys into Black/Death Metal should try out this weird (but IMHO great) band called Rudra.
They play Vedic Metal music.
Seriously weird and awesome stuff.

And then there is Thermal And A Quarter. Famed recently for their song Shut Up And Vote made for the recent elections. *www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2-h_198EGg&feature=related

Saw them on the archives (www.metal-archives.com)... seems like an interesting band :).

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

^enthrone.. by dimmu is a great listen

power can be a little too gayish for most people, but metalcore is teh shiz

imo (metal)musical progression should be in this order nu-metal-->mainstream metalcore--->thrash-->finnish power-->power metal-->folk-->melodeath-->doom-->progressive--->symphonic black-->death--->real black

*shouldnt skip beyond folk and should dig atleast 3/5 previous genres

after that you are ready to dig all other obscure metal subgenres which basically rule hard and are really 21st century metal

I agreed with you on the 'metal progression chain'. Summed up the genres well :). I have not listened to much folk. I think I should try it. Power is not actually gayish, but all over the top themes just fail to please me. Though I like bands like Kalmah and Children of Bodom (mixture of melo death/power).

BTW, now that you mention Finnish... check out this band called Karelian Warcry.

Top Bottom