All Metalheads here

red dragon

Master troll
What you think about Piper at the Gates of Dawn with Syd Barrett in the Pink Floyd mix..?
That was an awesome album,it is at par with Dark side of the moon(if not better).Animal and Final Cut are probably the two most underrated PF albums.

red dragon

Master troll
A great guitar player from my city Amyt da,Amyt Dutta.
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIzH5NvQwNc
Video quality is shitty but he is awesome.
A slightly better video.
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQbEDWT0MHE&feature=related

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Black Sabbath IS the first metal band FYI.they have written every existing riff and note.bands of today reply them with some variations thats all.

Although Sabbath was probably the first, I still consider Judas Priest to be the first "heavy metal" band.

^^
Yngwie Malmsteen is neo-classical. A kickass guitarist, but mostly well known for playing 100000x notes per second. Santana may not suit this thread, Yngwie always will. :D

Yngwie is fast, and known for that. Doesn't compare to Satch or Vai...

Michael Angelo Batio is someone I consider a crazy guitarist.
Check this out :)
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutyA12z3Ok

Are there any musicians on this thread? We should start a post your music / gear thread if there are...

^^
Keyboardist :) I own a Yamaha PSR 550 (really really old, but trust worthy, sturdy) Plus, after years of practice, I know it inside out :D

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Although Sabbath was probably the first, I still consider Judas Priest to be the first "heavy metal" band.

Honestly, this is the best thing I have heard in many years on TDF. You bet, these guys were the 'band' to start it.

Michael Angelo Batio is someone I consider a crazy guitarist.
Check this out :)
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutyA12z3Ok

Me and my friends worship that video during parties :D

Are there any musicians on this thread? We should start a post your music / gear thread if there are...

Guitarist here.

Got a local (but great sounding) 18 fret Acoustic Guitar.
Black SX SEG1-STD 24-fret Superstrat - its an Ibanez rip-off but sounds surprisingly good.
I use my samsung 5.1 home theater as an amp :D
And effects I'm still trying to build a good analog distortion circuit (cant find 50k and 100k variable resistors in the market :x)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Loved the guitar duo of KK Downing and Glen Tipton. They play so well together. Hear the long leads in Painkiller.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@Desmond :- Painkiller :D

BTW, guitarist/keyboardist here :-
My keyboard broke down before 6 months. Haven't got a new one. It was a Yamaha. Med size. Will have to see the exact model number. Didn't have any fancy features and was cheap.

Guitars :-
Grananda PRD4 Acoustic
Yamaha Pacifica 012 Electric
Marshall MG10 CD Amp
BOSS DS-1 Distortion

Will soon get a Peavey Vypyr 75 :D

DarkDante

Journeyman
Hey all, i've just recently started listening metal, started out with death/black but moved on cause of the vocals, currently trying out dragonforce and dream theater. anyone suggest some good bands? on the lines of the abovementioned ones?

slugger

Banned
Music videos by an Indian Rock Band that got together before most active members here were probably even born

Grand daddies of Indian Rock - Agni now re-grouped as RudrAGNI

rudrAGNI, the new and intenser avatar of India's premier rock band AGNI

2 of their unreleased music videos

RudrAGNI (former Agni) - Desh (rare, unreleased music video)

Indian Rock band RudrAGNI [formerly AGNI] - Et Tu Brute (rare, unreleased, music video)

These videos also mark my 1st baby step towards creating video mashups for YouTube

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
All musicians can "show off" their gear and talk in the following thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/discussions/128319-digit-musicians.html

Cheers

Hey all, i've just recently started listening metal, started out with death/black but moved on cause of the vocals, currently trying out dragonforce and dream theater. anyone suggest some good bands? on the lines of the abovementioned ones?

You started out with death? Hmm, thats impressive.

Kalmah, Behemoth is what I'm listening too, highly recommend you try them (its death - black-death resp)

If vocals is not for you, try A7x, AILD (pretty decent clean vocals, growls are "tolerable" ;) )

I'm surprised you havent started out with thrash tbf :D

^^
Exactly my point. :|

Anyways, lets see what the OP says.

BTW, Absu is good, but too "in-your-face" kind of heavy. (ie, I found it overdone)

Any bands like Kalmah? Their discography is now memorised now :| (So is Amon Amarth's)

DarkDante

Journeyman
@PsychoSocial:ah well, to each his own.

and yeah i started out with thrash a little, but most of the time i dont like meaningless lyrics.i listened to kalmah once, found it nice. but at that time, i was a kind of les poseur, y'know, liking metal for the image it gave me. was i a fool! actually i started listening to dragonforce just 'cause of a break kinda thing and herman li/through the fire and flames.
@Thewisecrab: will try the bands you mentioned. thanks.
I really liked Lamb of god, but only some few ones like Descending, Black label,Laid to rest etc.i liked opeth too. i mean the one song i heard :mrgreen: the funeral potrait.
ah so any black metal bands? didnt listen to that genre much in comparision with death.

Top Bottom