All Metalheads here

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I had 1 year Rolling stone india magazine subscription ,started from August .Till now I got only 1 issue,ie August.On contacting ,the guy said someone will.call me,that was before one week,now not responding to my mails.Also I didn't get free cds.Where can I give complaint ?
The magazine is not up to mark when compared to Rolling stone us or blender ,I bought it for cds

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Yup already sent numerous mails.Will keep trying.
A new initiative ,First indian magazine dedicated to metal.
Metal Wani: Great Metal

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Its good since it has more metal content than rolling stones india and run by enthusiastic metalheads itself,32 paged hopefully the quality would improve.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
I had always found Opeth something very tough to absorb. But while properly going through the Still Life album, it was the first time I was able to absorb and connect with it so well.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have all Opeth albums except Orchid and Pale Communion.

Even it used to find it hard earlier when I found out about them for the first time. However some of the songs stuck in my head and I started digging for more songs.

Have you heard Blackwater Park? It is produced by Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree.

- - - Updated - - -

What I like about Opeth is that each of their albums are unique, in sound and concept.

Last edited:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
I have tried the song Blackwater Park, not the album. Got Ghost reveries so will be trying that properly now.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Listen to Blackwater Park start to end.

If you want to try individual songs, listen to Harvest or The Drapery Falls.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Then if you want a bit more old school Opeth, try Morningrise. It sounds a bit more raw but it has some nice melodic and acoustic interludes. No clean vocals though.

Also try My Arms, Your Hearse.

If you want something softer, try Damnation. It is part of the Deliverance/Damnation double album. Deliverance is heavy while Damnation is more Prog-Rock-ish with clean vocals.

- - - Updated - - -

Check it out: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIfTG7t6gPU

Top Bottom