All Metalheads here

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I think you guys have been listening to 90's Megadeth (Countdown to Extinction onward). 80's Megadeth was simply lethal. Listen to Killing Is My Business, Peace Sells, So Far So Good So What and the almighty Rust in Peace for some real thrash. I love Metallica and I think they would sound heavier to the casual listener because they used more power chords and better production (Megadeth really suffered because of this in the 80's), but the complexity and speed of 80's Megadeth was just mind boggling!

okay.you seem to know more about Megadeth.I've already listened to Countdown to Extinction and liked it.So which album should i listen to next(among the old ones)?

bikramjitkar

In the zone
After Countdown, they became more slow and melodic so, if you want more of that, listen to Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings. If you like fast, thrashy stuff, get the first four albums (Killing Is My Business, Peace Sells, So Far So Good So What and Rust In Peace). But keep in mind, if you're new to thrash (not counting Metallica), you might find it difficult to digest at first, mostly because of Mustaine's vocals.

From their newer stuff, The System Has Failed, United Abominations and Endgame are pretty good and have a nice mix of fast and slow songs.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I think you guys have been listening to 90's Megadeth (Countdown to Extinction onward). 80's Megadeth was simply lethal. Listen to Killing Is My Business, Peace Sells, So Far So Good So What and the almighty Rust in Peace for some real thrash. I love Metallica and I think they would sound heavier to the casual listener because they used more power chords and better production (Megadeth really suffered because of this in the 80's), but the complexity and speed of 80's Megadeth was just mind boggling!

i already told Megadeth is fast metal, but they are too light, when you see that Mustaine was a Metallica member.

Fast + Heavy would have been awesome, but yes, that would have made them a bit Metallica rip-off.

I think you guys have been listening to 90's Megadeth (Countdown to Extinction onward). 80's Megadeth was simply lethal. Listen to Killing Is My Business, Peace Sells, So Far So Good So What and the almighty Rust in Peace for some real thrash.
when i listen to a band, i listen to the whole discography, chronologically.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Awesome.

This one is awesome too, just wait till they start playing Refuse/Resist, that's when all hell breaks loose. The actual show starts at 1:16

video
nice..yep saw an african american after a loooong time in a metal/rock band:lol:Ever wondered why there is a seemingly small population of african americans in metal/rock bands? they all seem to crowd the jazz and rap culture.
i can name two of them -This guy and Jimi hendrix:lol: and Slash?
I might not be seeing the big picture but these people are proportionally less in rock/metal,atleast those who are in,are not popular.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
nice..yep saw an african american after a loooong time in a metal/rock band:lol:Ever wondered why there is a seemingly small population of african americans in metal/rock bands? they all seem to crowd the jazz and rap culture.
i can name two of them -This guy and Jimi hendrix:lol: and Slash?
I might not be seeing the big picture but these people are proportionally less in rock/metal,atleast those who are in,are not popular.

Yeah, they are all in for the hip-hop c(rap). African americans really piss me off. After their ancestors made such great genres called Blues and Jazz, they go in for the dumb hip-hop ****.

But there are a lot of non-white guys in metal. Here are some of them :

Misha Mansoor of Periphery. I am not sure but he does look Indian, I was unable to find any biography on him to prove it. He kicks ass on 7 string guitars :
*www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/player_page_image/player/misha_mansoor2.jpg

Tosin Abasi of Animals as Leaders. Kicks ass on 8 string guitars.
*www.emgpickups.com/content/artistimages/tosinabasiaal.jpg

Zack De La Rocha of Rage Against The Machine.
*userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/44448997/Zack+De+La+Rocha.jpg

Howard Jones, formerly of Killswitch Engage.
*www.metalinsider.net/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/howard-jones.jpg

Kim Thayil of Soundgarden. This guy IS Indian.
*gunshyassassin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/soundgarden_4.jpg

Also, nothing says "Black" Metal like african metal :

Last edited:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Lol fed up with trve metalheads on FB.On every fu*ing metal page there will be a douchebag who spreads hate about core genres and boasts off how true 'real metal' is.
...This is a comment on Indian metal scene's FB page when they posted some random deatcore band pic.
DEATHCORE IS GAY
.....instea d of posting real metal why do u post a **** about a genre which is far away from real music.....

And if i see comment below......you are a mothe b*tch-f*ck and a huge dog's d*ck sucker

...fighting is still going on;)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Though I have no hate for the core genres, note that "core" derives from hardcore punk, so its more punk than metal.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
damn..

i listened to Tears Dont Fall by Bullet for my Valentine: it was okayish, even goodish..

but then i ventured to listen to some more from them.

and i got some terrible $hit thrown into my ears.

horrible lyrics, horrible vocals.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Though I have no hate for the core genres, note that "core" derives from hardcore punk, so its more punk than metal.
I dont know why they classified them as core genre?i don't understand,i mean everything from metalcore to goregrind sounds "METAL" to me.I think its the stupidest classification,ever because i don't think punk music uses low tunings like metal does and its a lot different from each other and the lyrics?.According to them Dying Fetus/Lamb Of God=(hardened)Ramones/Sex pistols which is bullshit:-x

damn..

i listened to Tears Dont Fall by Bullet for my Valentine: it was okayish, even goodish..

but then i ventured to listen to some more from them.

and i got some terrible $hit thrown into my ears.

horrible lyrics, horrible vocals.

want to see something more worse than that?
"Breakdown core''

very attractive song but

Lyrics???

I wanna watch you suck his dick
I know you ****ing love it, *****

Choke, do you see me now?

I wanna watch you suck his dick
I know you ****ing love it, *****

Do you see me now?