All Metalheads here

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You bangaloreans...I'm jealous of you.

Now, Santana is to perform for you on 26th October...
And, I can't come.

Carlos Santana to visit India - The Times of India

*fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419462_475629055803757_1438776182_n.jpg

Only doubt holds you back. :D

How about some Indian Black Metal? (Warning : Might be offensive to hindus)

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I would never understand the meaning of thrash metal. What is the meaning of shouting in broken voice. Then again, I already told I would never understand the meaning of thrash metal.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^The themes used by thrash metal bands for their songs are not meant for soft singing,they wont mix well.They are not shouting,its their way of expression with those emotions(anger etc)Guess yove never heard black/death.for them its distorted vocals:D.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I tried them couple of times. Amon Amrath, Slipknot etc... sorry, but my Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden are good enough for me. I can understand e'm what they are 'singing'

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I tried them couple of times. Amon Amrath, Slipknot etc... sorry, but my Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden are good enough for me. I can understand e'm what they are 'singing'

Try metallica. Thrash metal at its purest form. You'll love kirk hammett's guitar solos as well as the legendary vocals of james hetfield.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Um..its Amon Amarth and its deathmetal whereas Slipknot is nu metal.Its obvious that when you already like classic rock/metal,jumping right into those heavy genres will only frustrate you.I will suggest you to listen to artists/songs like Opeth(clean singing like in damnation then other albums that feature clean growls),Pantera-songs like this love,some grunge like Alice in chains,Pearl jam,Nirvana etc.And the alternative rock/metal like Korn,Disturbed,Deftones etc.The reason i mentioned those artists because they do both kind of clean and some times harsh vocals,even thrash metal like Metallica have some nice clean songs.So listen to those genres first and slowly in to hard genres.
And if harsh vocals are the problem,still you like your music to be heavy then you can listen to instrumental artist like jeff loomis,Andy james(both metal)John petrucci,Guthrie Gowan,Buckethead etc.

See,there are a lot of subgenres that you can explore and listen to.

And if you dont dig those ive listed then,you can always go back to more classic stuff.Nothing beats when you have some good old Led Zeppelin,AC DC etc.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Um..its Amon Amarth and its deathmetal whereas Slipknot is nu metal.Its obvious that when you already like classic rock/metal,jumping right into those heavy genres will only frustrate you.I will suggest you to listen to artists/songs like Opeth(clean singing like in damnation then other albums that feature clean growls),Pantera-songs like this love,some grunge like Alice in chains,Pearl jam,Nirvana etc.And the alternative rock/metal like Korn,Disturbed,Deftones etc.The reason i mentioned those artists because they do both kind of clean and some times harsh vocals,even thrash metal like Metallica have some nice clean songs.So listen to those genres first and slowly in to hard genres.
And if harsh vocals are the problem,still you like your music to be heavy then you can listen to instrumental artist like jeff loomis,Andy james(both metal)John petrucci,Guthrie Gowan,Buckethead etc.

See,there are a lot of subgenres that you can explore and listen to.

And if you dont dig those ive listed then,you can always go back to more classic stuff.Nothing beats when you have some good old Led Zeppelin,AC DC etc.

Amon Amarth is Powermetal, not Deathmetal. Cannibal Corpse if best example of Deathmetal.

I would suggest Opeth as well to people who are not used to growls. Listen to Morningrise album. Also, try Mastodon.

Try metallica. Thrash metal at its purest form. You'll love kirk hammett's guitar solos as well as the legendary vocals of james hetfield.

+1 ....

Its gonna be total armegeddon this year. Behemoth coming too :

*fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s480x480/528540_10151122183328172_1599876828_n.jpg

nims11

BIOS Terminator
I would never understand the meaning of thrash metal. What is the meaning of shouting in broken voice. Then again, I already told I would never understand the meaning of thrash metal.

Try Children of Bodom. Although not thrash metal, you will realize it is not actually shouting :)

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Amon Amarth is Powermetal, not Deathmetal. Cannibal Corpse if best example of Deathmetal.

Hmm..Youre right.Amon Amarth is Power Metal.I didnt listened to them decently enough,guess im not a big fan of the SDM stuff.However,i could hardly tell any difference between the Vocals of both genres.Apparently 'Metal' is challenging the whole 'world music' scene with its never ending list of genres subgenres(lol),lets try not to lose some sleep over that.:)
How about some Indian Black Metal? (Warning : Might be offensive to hindus)

I saw another music video of them,something with 'ganga',the video was pretty sick with all those corpses,was very depressive,love the song.Always thought there were only those anti christian specific bands,and nothing with hinduism,until now.lol'ing @ band member names.

Its gonna be total armegeddon this year. Behemoth coming too :

*fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s480x480/528540_10151122183328172_1599876828_n.jpg
wow..First it was Slayer,Now this.looks like whole hell is going to break loose...whats next..Nile?CC? Bangalore..Bangalore..Bangalore...Salute Rock/Metal capital of India.Sorry Shillong !

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Try Children of Bodom. Although not thrash metal, you will realize it is not actually shouting :)

For some reason, I don't like Alexi's vocals much. He screams more than necessary :p. Pretty good music though.

Hmm..Youre right.Amon Amarth is Power Metal.I didnt listened to them decently enough,guess im not a big fan of the SDM stuff.However,i could hardly tell any difference between the Vocals of both genres.Apparently 'Metal' is challenging the whole 'world music' scene with its never ending list of genres subgenres(lol),lets try not to lose some sleep over that.:)

Amon Amarth makes more melodic music (Melodic death metal perhaps) and use keyboards extensively and their riffs are pretty simple, as is a trademark of Powermetal. Also, subject matter is about fantasy and war mainly.

Deathmetal is totally into complex riffs of highly rhythmic discipline with little or no melody. Subject matter involves decapitation, death, murder, gore, evisceration, disembowelment, etc.

I saw another music video of them,something with 'ganga',the video was pretty sick with all those corpses,was very depressive,love the song.Always thought there were only those anti christian specific bands,and nothing with hinduism,until now.lol'ing @ band member names.

Obviously, you cannot stick your neck out by keeping your own names if you are making such music in India. :p

However, Anti-hindu black metal bands are hardly a shocker. Wait till you see Janaza..an anti-islam black metal band from "IRAQ" with a "FEMALE" vocalist consisting of all "MUSLIM" members. Speak of balls. (The vocalist goes by the pseudonym Anahita. She is also in the band "Seeds Of Iblis")

(Warning : This song will definitely offend muslims)
If you are an Iraqi and make songs like this, you might as well say, "Find me and kill me".

wow..First it was Slayer,Now this.looks like whole hell is going to break loose...whats next..Nile?CC? Bangalore..Bangalore..Bangalore...Salute Rock/Metal capital of India.Sorry Shillong !

Looking back, its been a very great year for metal in India, Opeth came earlier this year. Then Lamb Of God. Now Children Of Bodom, Slayer, Testament, Behemoth, Gojira, etc going to come. We are blessed indeed.

Last edited:

Neo

I have recently become a Metalhead and developed a liking for Black Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer and or course Guns n Roses. much more to explore...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah blore is kickass, solely for campus music, sooo great to have so many wide open campuses with some band or the other jamming, and the rest practice plays, or rehearsing fashion shows or doing their homework or whatever
loads of equip comps are in there, and audio companies can event host shows in their own stores, and apart from that there is a steady stream of festivals just outside city limits
one marked diff between mum coll fest rock events and blore coll fest rock events is that in mum you will get like 10 heavy metal bands, and 1 hindi metal band, in Blore, its a healthy mix of a wide range of genres, from blues, jazz, surf, hair, 80s, carnatic, and the odd band that shows up and performs telegu/kannada/hindi/tamil songs, it's really much more versatile
but the scene is waaay too pre-occupied with playing their instruments technically too damn well, it's kind of sad to see so many bands die after coll
oh well, great stage presence

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
a human voice can wail, and that lamenting is moving, it can give you goosebumps... something many people may not experience in their entire life, putting such a thought into music is powerful, even expressing remorse or anger with just your voice is a rare gift, the worst bit is being really good and still failing at it

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
yeah blore is kickass, solely for campus music, sooo great to have so many wide open campuses with some band or the other jamming, and the rest practice plays, or rehearsing fashion shows or doing their homework or whatever
loads of equip comps are in there, and audio companies can event host shows in their own stores, and apart from that there is a steady stream of festivals just outside city limits
one marked diff between mum coll fest rock events and blore coll fest rock events is that in mum you will get like 10 heavy metal bands, and 1 hindi metal band, in Blore, its a healthy mix of a wide range of genres, from blues, jazz, surf, hair, 80s, carnatic, and the odd band that shows up and performs telegu/kannada/hindi/tamil songs, it's really much more versatile
but the scene is waaay too pre-occupied with playing their instruments technically too damn well, it's kind of sad to see so many bands die after coll
oh well, great stage presence

Not bad...that guy goes apeshit, reminds me of "Dillinger Escape Plan - Panasonic Youth".

a human voice can wail, and that lamenting is moving, it can give you goosebumps... something many people may not experience in their entire life, putting such a thought into music is powerful, even expressing remorse or anger with just your voice is a rare gift, the worst bit is being really good and still failing at it

What's this? Goth Rock? No wonder then. Pretty good performance.

I have recently become a Metalhead and developed a liking for Black Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer and or course Guns n Roses. much more to explore...

Stay heavy \m/

I might have probably posted this before, but here's some insane **** :

Ladies and Djent-lemen, behold :

*fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/72027_10152179061775473_904809044_n.jpg

Top Bottom