All Metalheads here

@thewisecrab
Yeah, like Eluvietie too... check out Mithotyn, Tyr, Dreamtale and Skyclad. Great stuff, particularly skyclad.
Love the way these bands mixed their mythology with the music.
Wish bands back here did it... most of em go only for black/death stuff with loads of growling and screaming.
I didnt like Tyr, will have a look at others.

I know it's n00bish as I have started trying rock these days. I liked AC/DC, Linkin Park, Aerosmith. Somthing in lines of these.
OK.
Iron Maiden, Breaking Benjamin, Eluvietie, Nine Inch Nails should do if you are looking for melodic yet heavy metal.
Check out Children Of Bodom for death metal (dont mind the lyrics, it's got great guitar riffs and keyboard solos)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
WTF!!!

Wheres disturbed,breaking benjamin,bullet for my valentine,trivium,threat signal and more in the list??

People seem to be mixing rock with metal.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I know it's n00bish as I have started trying rock these days. I liked AC/DC, Linkin Park, Aerosmith. Somthing in lines of these.

Switchfoot maybe? Listen to Switchfoot's "Meant To Live" first. :razz:

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - "In Fate's Hands", "Misery Loves Its Company", "Seventeen Ain't So Sweet", "Waiting" }---------- If you're looking for something melodic!

And you can always try Three Days Grace - "Animal I Have Become", "I Hate Everything About You", "Pain".

Oh and I almost forgot -> A Static Lullaby. :D

DISCLAIMER: Don't flame me if the bands I mentioned don't fall into the 'pure' (is there such a thing?) metal genre as such. :D

Last edited:
Thanks guys for recommendations.Let me try Iron Maide, Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen :)
From Iron Maiden, I'll recommend any song from any album (as all are great)
But if I do have to pick a few, I'd go with Hallowed Be Thy Name, Fear Of The Dark and The Number Of The Beast. :twisted:

thewisecrab, Children of bodom, Lamb of god are like brothers, heavy guitaring... (they both sound alike :mrgreen:)

D

Deleted member 26636

i am not much into metal but i listen to bands such as - system of a down, disturbed, seether, staind, drowning pool, korn, breaking benjamin,static-x, papa roach, poets of the fall, green day, nirvana, marilyn manson etc.....do i count as a metalhead??:?:
please suggest me some other similar bands...i am not into heavy metal & i can't listen to children of bodom or cradle of filth stuff.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Anyone who can listen to My Dying Bride continuously for one hour is a pro level metalhead :p

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
i am not much into metal but i listen to bands such as - system of a down, disturbed, seether, staind, drowning pool, korn, breaking benjamin,static-x, papa roach, poets of the fall, green day, nirvana, marilyn manson etc.....do i count as a metalhead??:?:
please suggest me some other similar bands...i am not into heavy metal & i can't listen to children of bodom or cradle of filth stuff.

hmm... try classics Blue Oyester Cult, Whitesnake, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Motormouth and Saxon.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
^the dreadful hours.my fav track by them.but no listening to doom metal(MDB) is listening to good metal but not pro.

Listening to Cynic is the most pro-metal thing 1 can do period.

any genre best music of it is rated here.
*www.sputnikmusic.com/feature.php?id=5110

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well guys here's THE news...

Guns N’ Roses to rock India in November

GUNS N' Roses, one of the most successful rock bands in world history, will be performing in India this November. The legendary rock band fronted by Axl Rose, have signed on to perform at the Palace Grounds in Bangalore, reported Contactmusic.
"It is true that we are bringing Guns N' Roses to India. As of now, I can tell you that the Bangalore concert has been confirmed. We're still in talks with people in Mumbai and Delhi, so let's hope that works out. However, there is a good chance we can take the band to Shillong as well," said Raj Sinha, director of Rhapsody Inc, the company organising the Bangalore concert.
Source: *epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Sc...eLabel=18&EntityId=Ar01803&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T

(Economic Times, 11th Sept,2009, last page, bottom section) :-D

BUT, when I visited their site there is no mention of this tour. Even there is no mention of tours beyond 2007:shock:
I can only say its a very badly managed site.

Bangaloreans cheer........ (why do all Rock bands come to B'lore only :cry::-x )

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^ cuz blore crowd is young, energetic,most of IT junta is there plus its PUB CITY of Asia (har 10 kadam pe daaru ki dukaan) :evil:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^noticed that too. I just counted around my grandmother's house in Bangalore. 1 medical shop, 2 temples, 1 school, 8 wine shops.
If GnR goes to Shillong, that would be a better option than going to Bangalore or Mumbai. Shillong is reputed to have a great local rock scene, but I have heard tell that some people do Bhangra instead of headbang. People in Bangalore rock concerts don't headbang or mosh, (some of them just stare fixatedly at the stage with barely a sign of movement) which is a mainstay of almost every concert in Mumbai, which is a little strange.
Btw, get hold of tracks from Dhwesha if possible - great Bangalore metal act.
Just a little excercise to compare India's taste against the world's... head over to last.fm and look at the most popular bands chalked up against India's most popular bands. When it comes to rock, we choose the older bands instead of the contemporary ones. When it comes to metal, we choose the harsher stuff instead of the tamer acts.

A big thank you for rhitwick for bumping this thread...

However, I must remind you, GnRs sucks big time without Slash, a highly over-rated band without him IMO.

Waiting for the official release of Endgame! :D

For all you metal-heads, check out this article: (language may be inflammatory, not violent though)
*domlawsonlikesheavymetalmorethanyou.blogspot.com/2009/07/megadeth-are-better-than-metallica.html

A classic Megadeth vs. Metallica post :D

Top Bottom