"Airtel Fair Usage Policy" Limits on Unimited Broadband!

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
The day is not far when we will need a separate dictionary for India. Even 'unlimited' is limited. I wonder how would they define "God" and "Government".

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
blogged:
*t.webofgoo.com/2009/02/17/airtels-narrow-broadband-policy-how-to-rip-a-customer/

I was just about to apply for an Airtel connection (finally available in my locality) and I see this cr@p... :|
Well, 849NU MTNL FTW!! :D (atleast for now :wink: )

mavihs

Techie By Heart
@comp@ddict
i'm using MTNL & its services hav improved a lot(seriously)!!!!!
Also u get a really good speed of 2mbps on a regular plan....i'm using 256kps unlimited plan & i get speed of upto 2mbps!!! :p

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Lol what if all this is just a "prank" from Airtel company and tomorrow they would say "taddaaa we were just kidding... " :D

kumarmohit

Technomancer
So is BSNL better or MTNL? I'm planning on a 512KBPS or 1MBPS UL plan. Max I can shell out is Rs. 1700 a month though.

Dude there is no competition between the two. MTNL only operates in Delhi and Mumbai. BSNL operates in rest of India.

Wasn't aware sry.

Tab toh airtel hi best choice hai, cuz MTNL's service AFAIK is not satisfactory.
You have one big problem of lack of information, don't you?

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
Limits on unlimited connection ? WOW, what an idea !!!!!!

Using BSNL and VSNL unlimited connections, I really hope they do not implement such nice ideas :mad: !

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
here is the link for the unfair usage policy

*www.airtel.in/applications/xm/Fair_Usage_Policy.pdf

finally now its official and public

BlackScorpion

Right off the assembly line
Infering from the Airtel Fair Usage Policy it is understandable that :-

1."a small number of users" are those who use more than a mere 10-13% of data usage.
2. "A generous usage level is" = 10-13% data usage.
3. Slow speeds 128/256/384kbps can impair Airtel's network performance.
4. A data usage of more than 10-13% will result in customer being penalised by reduced speeds by upto 50%.

In the age of Gbps and Mbps, Airtel reduction of speeds by 50% in 128/246/348kbps plans that impairs Airtel's network performance, it is safe to conclude that Airtel is unfit to provide ISP service in India.

Airtel has no right to be a internet traffic cop

Last edited:

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Good thing i changed!!!
this is such a sad thing Airtel is doing!!! :|

In the age of Gbps and Mbps, Airtel reduction of speeds by 50% in 128/246/348kbps plans that impairs Airtel's network performance, it is safe to conclude that Airtel is unfit to provide ISP service in India.

+1

S

sysmaniac

^^As of now, unless you want to game, nothing beats BSNL H500.

For gaming, local cable operators offer _the_ best pings ever.

I completely agree with u. I m having absolutely no probs downloading Movies and Music files from BSNL. Awesome Speed....

Who Cares about Customer Care PPl unless u land up in some kinda trouble with the Connection..

Till Now a happy BSNL BB Customer..

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Infering from the Airtel Fair Usage Policy it is understandable that :-

1."a small number of users" are those who use more than a mere 10-13% of data usage.
2. "A generous usage level is" = 10-13% data usage.
3. Slow speeds 128/256/384kbps can impair Airtel's network performance.
4. A data usage of more than 10-13% will result in customer being penalised by reduced speeds by upto 50%.

Airtel has no right to be a internet traffic cop
Wow, what a way to conclude !! Nice one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom