"Airtel Fair Usage Policy" Limits on Unimited Broadband!

Status
Not open for further replies.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
Airtel puts a limit on unlimited broadband connections
*www.indiabroadband.net/airtel-broadband/14712-1-2-speed-those-using-15gb-mo.html

"Airtel Fair Usage Policy. It’s the latest nightmare for us… The Customer.
The latest news from the India Broadband Forum is that Airtel has now set a limit on their unlimited data transfer plans.
Customer representatives in some cities have confirmed this.
Reports say that the limits have been put in place from February 7.
As per forum sources, the limit on their unlimited plans are as under:

Customers who cross this limit would end up with a slowed down connection.

128 kbps = 10 GB download limit per month
256 kbps = 15 GB download limit per month
384 kbps = 20 GB download limit per month
512 kbps = 25 GB download limit per month
1 Mbps = 150 GB download limit per month "

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now this is Bull ****. I heard of no company who have any data limitation in unlimited plan.

I think I've read in some issue of digit that in us for a Imbps connection the limitation is 250GB. Though that hardly is a limitation.

Why ISPs in here are so skimpy about providing bandwidth with modest speed & even they cost much ??

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
hahaha...we are surely progressing. Great ! Ab toh sapne toh sapne hote hai :D

dddddddddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmm

Count the letters, that many idiots were bribed to make this policy successful. And no one gave a fcuk about it.

Better than this crap is local broadband available near my house.

Hathway has 128KBPS unlimited, and atleast they allow you to REALLY stay unlimited.

And Another cable operator has 15GB 512KBPS plan for Rs. 600. Better than Airtel 256KBPS atleast.

@sunny: Your theoritical limit is 324GB in 30 days, and I suppose since you don't download 24/7 150GB DOES seem decent enough. But then, 256kbps SHOULD have got 37GB limit. :mad:

Last edited:

amol48

Searching...
In which sense is this UNLIMITED PLAN then? ;?

These ****ing ISP can't even give us unlimited plans when people in the world are getting umlimited 6 mbps!! Bullshit man!

Better than this crap is local broadband available near my house.

Hathway has 128KBPS unlimited, and atleast they allow you to REALLY stay unlimited.

And Another cable operator has 15GB 512KBPS plan for Rs. 600. Better than Airtel 256KBPS atleast.

@sunny: Your theoritical limit is 324GB in 30 days, and I suppose since you don't download 24/7 150GB DOES seem decent enough. But then, 256kbps SHOULD have got 37GB limit. :mad:

Yup I am on Hathway 256kbps unlimited plan which costs me Rs.730/- including taxes and everything!

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Bunch of ****ing idiots. Do they even realize the meaning of the word 'unlimited'? Guess the only unlimited thing these people can give are false promises. :mad:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Its called UL but still a cap... ooh less speed what an idea....

technically one can sue...

A person paid for xxKbps UL.... The company committed to it.If the company is not giving it then they will be sued. If this was elsewhere it be murder.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Completely unfair
That way it's neither UL nor they are providing claimed speed. So a valid case to be sent to TRAI as well as Consumer Court.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I would Boycott Airtel Broadband completely and advise you all to do so:x
Lets Mass boycott airtel, then they would loose all their connections
this is make them realize their mistake:rolleyes:

This data caps on Unlimited plans won't be tolerated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom