"Airtel Fair Usage Policy" Limits on Unimited Broadband!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inetk

Right off the assembly line
I'm completely outraged about this stupid FUP. To show my anger, this is what I've done.

I've sent a mail to the following,
sbm@bharti.com (Sunil Mittal, Chairman), ceo.direct@bharti.com, manoj.kohli@bharti.com (CEO, Bharti Airtel), atul.bindal@bharti.com (CEO, Bharti Telemedia, the subsidiary that offers broadband services)

The content of the mail is here - I blogged about it, so that others may know too.
*itwofs.com/beastoftraal/2009/03/02/421/

If someone asks you how this FUP is really affecting anyone, use this example to clear all doubts.
*itwofs.com/beastoftraal/2009/03/03/airtels-fair-usage-speed-rationalization-explained/

And, here's what Airtel's Speed Rationalization *really* means!
*itwofs.com/beastoftraal/2009/03/04/the-real-meaning-of-airtels-letter-on-speed-rationalization/

Spread the word - Airtel better not get their success to their heads. Collectively we can bring them down to a level they deserve.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
^^Yep, soon everyone will follow. Every ISP is becoming a whore now. All they care about is money.

P.S- Sorry for my rudeness but I am frustrated these days with ISPs and their service.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Most probably not.
Tata also implementing it. Only BSNL/MTNL might be the companies which won't follow this, every other ISP is expected to use this policy.

vaithy

In the zone
hello;
I've just retun from TRAI's website, after filling the feedback forum, about the topic here, giving the two links along with the 'broadbandforum.in link, for follow up action. However the feedback form is very limited upto 500 charactors only. Name should be in capital.. all the member here can follow the same method. However if some body want to discuss the case in detail it is better e-mail them. Carefull!! TRAI authorities are judicial.. hence your address should be polite and put concise points about your case to them.. they will propably listen if your email overwhelming them.

TRAI e-mail id: trai@del2.vsnl.net.in
ap@trai.gov.in

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Screw them here: *pcworld.in/india/features/5865617/Broadband/Broadband_Survey_2009

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys, checkout. Airtel has revamped their download limit for 512kbps connection (unlimited wala)
Now the final limit is 100GB.:)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Shoot for the sun and land on the moon, either way they hav started the trend now.

raksrules

Youngling
50 GB, 100 GB whatever....there shud be no download caps at all irrespective of the theoretical download limit that we can achieve under particular connection speed.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Assuming a Month has 30 days & you download 24/7, then with 512 Kbps connection which means 64KBps download speed, here is the usage.

64 KBps means 3840 KB or 3.75 MB per minute download.
3.75 MB per minute means 225 MB per hour
225 MB per hour means 5400 MB or 5.2 GB in 24 hrs
5.2 GB in a day means 159 GB approx in a month.

Its bad that sucH policy is forced upon us, but even then, with 512 kbps Connection, you can not download more then 159 GB in a month anyway. With proper control, you can get all your work done in 100 GB limit on 512 kbps plan too. then again, what is it that You have to download? Even if you try Linux distributions etc, even then you won't be able to download more then 159 GB in a month.

At 512 kbps speed, 120 GB limit should be termed as fair. 250 GB for 1 mpbs connection.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Dude, did u check there is only one plan which has unlimited D/L option.
Its 512 only.
Previously there was 1MBps unlimited plan, though the price for it was outrageous but, it was there. Now there is no MBps D/L plan.
Even the Broadband top-ups don't upgrade ur speed.
In top-ups u get max 512Kbps D/L speed.

Those lucky people who could afford 1MBps @that price, are enjoying it now. :grin:

Power UP

In the zone
In no way 100GB = Unlimited , dont surrender to such cr@p plans.

100% agree.
Guys dont fall for this "it seems fair" crap. Bandwidth is already so expensive when compared to the rest of the world, now they have even started capping it.
If we dont voice out our disapproval now, then be prepared for even more $hitty plans in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom