"Airtel Fair Usage Policy" Limits on Unimited Broadband!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Assuming a Month has 30 days & you download 24/7, then with 512 Kbps connection which means 64KBps download speed, here is the usage.

64 KBps means 3840 KB or 3.75 MB per minute download.
3.75 MB per minute means 225 MB per hour
225 MB per hour means 5400 MB or 5.2 GB in 24 hrs
5.2 GB in a day means 159 GB approx in a month.

Its bad that sucH policy is forced upon us, but even then, with 512 kbps Connection, you can not download more then 159 GB in a month anyway. With proper control, you can get all your work done in 100 GB limit on 512 kbps plan too. then again, what is it that You have to download? Even if you try Linux distributions etc, even then you won't be able to download more then 159 GB in a month.

At 512 kbps speed, 120 GB limit should be termed as fair. 250 GB for 1 mpbs connection.

Just tell me one simple question that if one can live within 100GB then why place that cap even. And why the names are Unlimited ? Strike out unlimited and put pseudo-unlimited plans.

It's a well known business tactics that you bargain a shopkeeper will put selling price higher than usual and then when customer bargains he will lower it to some point but still not the exact fair value. The same kutneeti (tactic) is applied by these ISPs to slowly start the trend and then later they will constrict it more till we become habitual of such things and sacrifice our importance.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
as GX said.. this is a good enough bandwidth compared to the prev one...

but wait...

should we yield to these lame excuse and accept their cap ??

i dont think so..

today if we leave this issue.. tom who knows wht they will do ?

lets fight to get

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3350836438_8e32f71c8f_o.jpg

a link to loacl newspaper..

hope many havent seen...

sorry if its srepost

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Nicely written article. Fantastic!!

Guys, do read it.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Nicely written article. Fantastic!!

Guys, do read it.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Just tell me one simple question that if one can live within 100GB then why place that cap even. And why the names are Unlimited ? Strike out unlimited and put pseudo-unlimited plans.

This I agree to. If Airtel puts a limit of 150 GB on its 512 kbps connection & represents it as "Airtel Broadband at 512 kbps" instead of "512 kbps Unlimited" then at least I will be very happy.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Bhai mere paas toh 1Mbps plan hi hai.
But, its not new one.
When Airtel introduced FUP, they revamped all the BB plans. I've already posted screenies for that.

Again, I've 384 Kbps Unlimited plan, even its not present in their site.

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/32718_bboqq/DL_stats.JPG

Now, guys this is how my D/L upload thing looks on Airtel 384kbps UL.
I'm still getting speed as previous. So....I guess new rules are applied to new applications/connections only or what?

LoRdKsHiTiJ

Hardware Enthusiast
Seriously guys, dont settle down for limits no matter how big they are.
NO to limits. End of story.
Lets keep fighting. please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom