3G iPhone announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Yippee!

Its official. iPhone 3G is going to be available in Imagine stores in Goa (both of them) via Vodafone. Date and pricing to be announced.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Finally, 3G policy is annouced:)
its is a important step for making iPhone 3G in INDIA possible.
*www.ndtvprofit.com/2008/08/01124656/3G-policy-is-finally-unveiled.html

gauravsuneja

macaddict
iphone rates prediction (will be correct almost)

i think i can guess the latest iphone rates .it will be near about 11980 . i think the rates 41.6 % higher than what is quoted on the websites .just multiply the rates on apple.com by 40 and add 41.6% to this and u will get the rate what u will get when it will be launched

i doono if airtel or vodaphoneif the sell it with their network .but it will definatly less as it will locked and if they start selling unlocked it will be more .

what is idea and virgin mobile doing .won't t be nice to get garuda on iphone hahahahah

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^^
First operator has to get 3G status. as MTNL already has 3G permission, who knows apple might give iphone to garuda:p

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^^
First operator has to get 3G status. as MTNL already has 3G permission, who knows apple might give iphone to garuda:p

Garuda is more like a Wireless in local loop service and not fully mobile.Also it is CDMA. Fully mobile is Dolphin(GSM)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I'm sure inserting a MTNL SIM card in the iPhone will trigger some sort of self destruct mechanism.

gauravsuneja

macaddict
I Predict The Iphone 3g Rate In India To Be 11980 Rs .i Think It Will Be The Locked Rate With The Carrier And If It Has To Be Unlocked It Will Be More
According To The Other Rates Of Apple Products If U Multiply The Rates In Dollars On The Apple Site
Any Product Rate In Dollars Multiplied By 40 And Add 41.6% To This New Value Will Be Teh Rates In India

Pat

Beyond Smart
I Predict The Iphone 3g Rate In India To Be 11980 Rs .i Think It Will Be The Locked Rate With The Carrier And If It Has To Be Unlocked It Will Be More
According To The Other Rates Of Apple Products If U Multiply The Rates In Dollars On The Apple Site
Any Product Rate In Dollars Multiplied By 40 And Add 41.6% To This New Value Will Be Teh Rates In India

Yes sir. And the plans will start at 70 * 40 = 2800 plus 41.6% of that..which comes to nearly 4k per month. Right ? :lol:

gauravsuneja

macaddict
can anybody tell me if i buy iphone from outside india how much it will cost locked or unlocked respectively and can i get it jailbroken at delhi gaffar market?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Asking the question only in one thread would’ve sufficed, you know.

Dude, 22 August is not that far. A little patience will go a long way.

nikhilpai

Techans
Airtel has OFFICIALLY confirmed 22 August as the launch date.

Source: *business-standard.com/india/storypage.php?autono=44114&tp=on

invisiblebond

Journeyman
Airtel to launch 3G iPhone on Aug 22

Apple's iPhone, the touch screen handset that acquired a cult status in the US and other western countries, will be available to Indian mobile users through Bharti Airtel at the stroke of midnight on August 21, giving competitors like Nokia, Samsung and others a run for their money.

Millions of Airtel subscribers will be able to purchase the iPhone at Airtel's Relationship Centres from August 22, a company statement said in New Delhi.

"iPhone has been an iconic technological revelation of this year and Airtel has been at the forefront of innovation and customer delight in the Indian telecom sector," Sanjay Kapoor, President, Bharti Airtel mobile services, said.

iPhone is embedded with all 3G features and is twice as fast as the existing mobile phones. The phone also has in-built GPS system, that facilitates as a navigation and positioning tool.

US-based Apple has tied up with Airtel and Vodafone to bring iPhone in the country.

Asked at what price it will be available, Bharti Airtel officials declined to give details.

"Introducing iPhone in India further underscores Bharti's commitment to enrich the communication experience of Airtel users," Kapoor said.

Leading cell phone makers like Nokia, Motorola and Samsung have stepped up their R&D efforts to bring feature rich phones in India to compete iPhones.

Vodafone is also slated to bring Apples's iPhone this year.
*www.financialexpress.com/news/Airtel-to-launch-3G-iPhone-on-Aug-22/345358/

A

ankitsagwekar

t&c

• "Booking" means expression of interest of buying Apple iPhone3G when it is available in the market.
  • "Booking" doesnt imply that the customer has to purchase the product when it is launched and available.
  • "Booking" doesnot guarantee that the product shall be made available to the customer.
  • Airtel reserves the right to refuse the Booking at any stage.
  • Airtel reserves the right to withdraw "Booking" at any time or at any stage.
  • Some of the product features are not available in India or in certain service areas. Some of the features and services are dependent on the type of network the customer is in eg 3G, EDGE, GPRS, GSM. 3G is not available presently in India.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Airtel has OFFICIALLY confirmed 22 August as the launch date.

Source: *business-standard.com/india/storypage.php?autono=44114&tp=on
And Apple OFFICIALLY confirmed it a fortnight ago.

Airtel to launch 3G iPhone on Aug 22

*www.financialexpress.com/news/Airtel-to-launch-3G-iPhone-on-Aug-22/345358/
We could’ve clicked on the link and read it ourselves, thank you very much. You really didn’t have to paste the whole thing out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom