3G iPhone announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) unlocked iphone is not available in USA
2) jailbreak means that you can install hacks and tweaks to the phone and it doesn't mean unlocking. Jailbreaking apps are available for 3G but unlocking is not yet availble i think
3) you jailbreak it or unlock it, apple won't provide support. YOu have to reinstall the firmware and lock it again to get support.
4) For Indians, the older one is more than enough. we don't have 3G and 3G usage rentals will be sky high if it is launched.

I think the first gen iphone is now available for some 13k in grek markets in India.

For that price, it will be one heck of a phone. It already has unlock and jailbreak apps available on internet.

And moreover, the casing of first gen iphone is hundred times better when compared to iphone 3G's, which is already developing cracks due to it's cheap plastic body.

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Why does it always get personal?.....Even I can say that only a mad person would like the iPhone to be sold for 31K and that too locked.......

Yes, also you have to pay hefty rentals for months to come.

when is reliance switching to GSM?? they will launch iPhone at 12k.

Maybe even cheaper. They are already providing GSM services in some circles.

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Because they know that in circles in which they are providing services currently, hardly a few people will be interested in buying it

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
*www.mid-day.com/news/2008/aug/220808-iphone-cracked-chinese-made-grey-market.htm

They are actually selling first gen for 13k as iphone 3G.

chinese clones of iphone is available for 5k-7k.

I even saw Spice hostspot giving 1yr warranty for selected chinese phones

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
What? Where? Here in Mumbai the price has skyrocketed to 24k.;)

same everywhere..nowhere its 13k

@desibond
my friend actually went to buy 4 phones for 13 k from Heera panna and all those shops..no one is selling for less than 20k

this mid day news is absolutely FAKE

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
*img261.imageshack.us/img261/4287/reportfn5.th.jpg

Vodafone has even started selling it at discounted price in Connaught Place, Delhi....:lol:

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Vodafone Mumbai apaprently has reduced the pricing to 28K for the 8GB model and 34K for the 16GB model. It would be a wise decision to wait a couple of months.

Pat

Beyond Smart
*www.mid-day.com/news/2008/aug/220808-iphone-cracked-chinese-made-grey-market.htm

They are actually selling first gen for 13k as iphone 3G.

chinese clones of iphone is available for 5k-7k.

I even saw Spice hostspot giving 1yr warranty for selected chinese phones

Nopes. It is still not available for that cheap anywhere AFAIK. Mid-day guys are noobs. They actually think that iPhone 3G is available for only 8k in the US :lol:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Well, Apple plans to sell the no-contract version at $599 (Rs. 26,000) plus taxes there.

Here, Vodafone has reduced the price to Rs. 28,000 inclusive of taxes.

(P.S: I still don't think the device(iPhone 3G in particular) is worth anything above 22K)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Why does it always get personal?.....Even I can say that only a mad person would like the iPhone to be sold for 31K and that too locked.......
Yeah, and who said that’s a good price for the iPhone?

May be, but still it isn't a whooping 750$ there....Its more than twice here.
Yeah, and you also have to pay Rs. 3,000 per month in rent alone for two years after you buy the phone for $199. Can’t any of you see that!

Yes, also you have to pay hefty rentals for months to come.
In India, no, you don’t. You can even use it with your existing prepaid connection.

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Vodafone Mumbai apaprently has reduced the pricing to 28K for the 8GB model and 34K for the 16GB model. It would be a wise decision to wait a couple of months.

They just had to, considering that Airtel is offering 500MB of free data every month for the next 12 months and they charging 100 bucks for "enabling" GPRS on the iPhone :p

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
As Ankur pointed out, the infamous war-cry is on tape! OMFG! Its loud and clear! I can't believe this, this is hilarious hahahahahaah:

*qik.com/video/214811

Oh and yeah Pat, I am very jealous about the fact that Preshit caught this on tape. :lol:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
the lady was so polite thanking you...lolz

Btw why the video is titled "untitled" (reminds me of titler...lolz)

vish786

"The Gentleman"
so how many iphone 3g sold till now ?

what was the price when 1st gen. iphone was launched in india?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom