3G iPhone announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Re: Iphone

There is no known network that provides 3G in India.
Unlocking Iphone is as easy as applying a crack to some software.
Some of the people in this Forum , including me do own the iphone.
The Experience has been kind of mixed.
If you love surfing, having Safari browser and its features on iphone is enough to buy one.
However basic functionalities are not there.Search the forum you will find many posts.
Best Luck !

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth

Why not rather wait for Voda and Airtel to release it ..... (I've heard Sep 08 in the tentative date)

goobimama

 Macboy

????i didn't get u

Thnks fr the info guys...probably i'll be going for the normal one(not 3g)
There's no such thing as non-3G anymore. Just one model. And you can't get it here cause you have to sign a contract to AT&T while purchasing it. Sure you can unlock it, but then you also have to pay the $50-60/mo phone contract.

My suggestion: Wait till the end of august before you decide on anything.

narangz

Web developer

Hmmm..$599 for 8 GB! But it is still locked to AT&T! So pretty pointless IMO!

Unlocking is not a big deal. Can't it be unlocked? If it isn't possible right now it will be in coming days.

Not yet. But they are gonna introduce a $600 (8GB) iPhone without a contract.

Well someone told me from US that it is available.

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart

Unlocking is not a big deal. Can't it be unlocked? If it isn't possible right now it will be in coming days.

Thats true. Why I said its pointless is because you can get it for the same price in India, usable on Indian networks and have warranty on ur investment too :)

goobimama

 Macboy

Yeah, unlocking is pretty much as simple as scratching your left knee without moving your right arm.

narangz

Web developer

Thats true. Why I said its pointless is because you can get it for the same price in India, usable on Indian networks and have warranty on ur investment too :)

Oh well you might be right. But who knows how much the iPhone 3G model will cost here in India.

Yeah, unlocking is pretty much as simple as scratching your left knee without moving your right arm.

You crack me up boy! :lol:

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer

Its most probably not going to be more than 25k! But thats only my guess!

Then how much will the non 3G version of iPhone cost? I don't think they are going to sell it below 20K. Well it's just my guess. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Array bhaiyyyu. There are no two versions. Just one. The new 3G model replaces the older model.

My speculation: 22k + minimum 400/mo contract.

Pat

Beyond Smart

Then how much will the non 3G version of iPhone cost? I don't think they are going to sell it below 20K. Well it's just my guess. :)

non-3G version is not going to be available in India (through official channels I mean)

Array bhaiyyyu. There are no two versions. Just one. The new 3G model replaces the older model.

You beat me by a minute.

My guess: 20k + minimum 700/month contract including 500 MB gprs every month

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer

Ok. I guess I read here in some thread that the iPhone v1 will also be dumped here in India :confused:

Well then it will cost much higher than the US price.

My guess: 20k + minimum 700/month contract including 500 MB gprs every month

Yeah, 400/month seems too less for the gadget of the year. :D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
I said minimum 400/mo (that would be without any EDGE or anything, although it is highly unlikely that Apple will allow it to be sold without EDGE).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom