** ~10k mobile advice thread **

beastrider

Broken In
Hi guys,
I bought a MMX A100 few days back and the phone got switched off suddenly and never got back to life again..Its dead!! My local dealer promised me that he will replace the whole box with a new sealed box piece..I will be getting it in couple of days when the stock arrives.

It was a very good phone until it got switched off...Internet browsing is SUPERB,Video play back is good...
But lags a lot in games.Don't expect to play any high end games on this phone...I couldn't play temple run,fruit ninja......
So take your chances..

Am looking for suggestions guys....
Stick with MMX A100 and give it another chance or
Xperia mini or Tipo or HTC Xplorer with 10k budget??
I dont want the phone to lag too much..

clmlbx

Technomancer
The few reviews that I've come across say that it is good. I'll wait for more reviews.

What processor does the Micromax A90 use? and how good is the GPU PowerVR SGX531 ?

yes, even I read reviews and except cnet no other review says it is bad .. but I used it and it was...damn... I asked sony executive will it lag like this or this individual handset has some problem..he instantly said it has just 800mhz processor plus ICS..

My advice would be please visit some store locally and then you decide.. reviews does not matter much then personal preference.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
clmibx, its a budget phone not a Quad core high end device. In its range its the fastest phone and a much better device than Samsung Galaxy Y and others. Checkout video reviews by Indian tech sites, they all praise the speed of the phone considering its price.
You should try Galaxy Y/Ace and then say what you feel :wink:

Btw Tipo is not "truly" a Sony device, but a Sony branded device. It's an ODM device by Foxconn.

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
Sony Xperia tipo review: Mini just got bigger - GSMArena.com

GSMArena Tipo review is out. Performance figures are OUTSTANDING. Comes very close to HTC One V scores in a lot of benchmarks and is MUCH better than even Galaxy Ace Plus or any other phone in its price range.

GSMArena:
The Sony Xperia tipo runs on a Qualcomm MSM7225AA Snapdragon chipset, which packs a 800MHz Cortex-A5, 512MB of RAM and an Adreno 200 GPU. The sub-1GHz processor initially may seem like a major downer, but in reality it performs quite well - the ICS runs smoothly with no major holdups and there's isn't much more you can ask for in the budget smartphone category.

The ICS optimizations Sony has cooked into the Xperia tipo really do it justice - perhaps the long wait for it to provide an Android 4.0 version really was worth it. When looking at the tipo next to the mini 2 from Samsung, a device with virtually the same specifications, we can see that the tipo beat it handily in every category. It's a pleasant surprise to see how much performance Sony has been able to crank out of that 800 MHz processor.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Using Xperia Tipo, its worth it for the money!

Dont compare it with the big screen, Mmx/Karbonn mobiles, all together a different league, decide, prioritize & buy! Overthinking ruins!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Wow the Tipo looks really good indeed. Worth recommending to others!
Price is also not bad. Will check out some more reviews :)

sajo

Broken In
What do you guys think about this phone ? The Karbonn A7+. Supposed to be the replacement for the A7 (which I hadnt heard about) , and specs look decent for the price.
Even Karbonn's own website gives info only about the A7 though and says nothing about A7+.

jatin_arora

Broken In
Re: Need a phone within 7K

1. Budget? 7K(max) less if possible
2. Display type and size? no preference
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? bar, may consider others depending on the product
4. Preferred choice of brand? no preference if product is good but not from micromax, spice, iball please
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type) no touch and type, others will do but inclined to touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. no preference as will be used rarely
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). android if possible no good android found in that budget, so i think i need to go for symbian
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. no preference
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? NA
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? mainly calls, texting and listening music
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? not yet
12. Any other info that you want to share good audio output during calls and music is an important factor

Check samsung galaxy y or y duos (android 2.3, wifi, good audio quality, 3"(in y) 3.2"(in y duos), nice display, 832MHz processor, full touch (capacitive), tonnes of apps, 3.15MP camera)

Niilesh

Padawan
Hey guys want a smartphone in 8-10K(for my sister).
Xperia Tipo seems perfect except the for the camera. Which is the cheapest phone with hardware in comparison to tipo + decent camera and a flash.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
no 720p recording. poor processor. internal memory is also not great. Defy Plus is still better or Huawei X5 Pro. Also instead of XT i'll suggest LG Optimus L7 with a massive 4.3" IPS display but badly underpowered and poor camera.

Top Bottom