** ~10k mobile advice thread **

bubusam13

Human
Hi wanna ask something. I installed LG camera in my LWW. I selected 1080 p in video recording and seccessfully recorded some clips. I checked the resolution in PC and it says 1080p. Does that really mean LWW can shoot in 1080p ? I am finding it a bit difficult to believe :D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi wanna ask something. I installed LG camera in my LWW. I selected 1080 p in video recording and seccessfully recorded some clips. I checked the resolution in PC and it says 1080p. Does that really mean LWW can shoot in 1080p ? I am finding it a bit difficult to believe :D
if the specs say that then yes its actually recording in 1080p...
although cellphones can't match the HD video recording of HD Handycams ;)

jatin_arora

Broken In
hi
i want to buy an android phone for around 10K...with android 4 ICS n 3.5" screen or more....Preferance is samsung, sony xperia....plz suggest me sm good phones
thnx in advance :)

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
hi
i want to buy an android phone for around 10K...with android 4 ICS n 3.5" screen or more....Preferance is samsung, sony xperia....plz suggest me sm good phones
thnx in advance :)

Brand New Original & Sealed Sony Xperia U - ST25i - black color | eBay

If you wait for sometime, you can get it as low as 11-12k @ Local Market too. :)

drsamratroy

Broken In
1. Budget? 12K(max) less if possible
2. Display type and size? no preference
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? bar, may consider others depending on the product
4. Preferred choice of brand? no preference if product is good but not from micromax, spice, iball please
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type) no touch and type, others will do but inclined to touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. Good Camera with flash
Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. no preference
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? NA
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? mainly calls, texting, listening music, browsing
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? sony xperia tipo,sony xperia mini pro,sony xperia u...
12. Any other info that you want to share? good audio output during calls and music is an important factor,also it is for a female so good looks is requirement...
Hoping for a good suggestion...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ check if you can find Live With Walkman. It is discontinued by Sony but for 12-13k excellent handset. Xperia U cost 14k+.

hkishore

Right off the assembly line
Hey folks
I've not been quite an observer of mobile-phone market lately and now I need to buy a phone which meets my requirements. My Budget is 8K but I can stretch it to 10K if I come to know a real value-to-money product.

My requirement -

MUST:
  • smooth Internet browsing (with option to save a webpage to-be-read-later; zoom; font clarity; Notes making from various blogs and news site )
  • good resolution and pixel quality (overall it must provide comfort to eye for longer reading sessions)
  • Quality Voice call, should be able to handle weak signal networks.
  • Aesthetic build, solid design (it shouldn't look like plastic) Decent resolution and pixel density with rich colour definition for browsing purpose.
  • FM (I need to listen AIR occasionally)
  • atleast 3 inch capacitive Screen (otherwise browsing will be painful)
Optional:
  • Document Viewer (PDF files and txt files readability are desirable features)
  • Audio Music Quality (thought I've an ipod but then it'd be good to have another option.)
  • Battery backup (though I'm not expecting NOKIA 1100 type backup but then it must go one day with my usage level)
  • Youtube (the reason behind mentioning it separately, in HTC I found browsing was pretty impressive but Youtube video weren't opening. may be some flash issues.. not much idea. )

Doesn't matter
:
  • Camera quality (I'm not going to use it as camera, so whatever MPs / flash lites makes no difference)
  • No Gaming! (not dat much into mobile gaming)
I've sort listed few models -

HTC Explorer
- till now, seems to me the top choice but it lacks PDF Document viewer and I guess OS (gingerbird) is not upgradable to ICS.
- another issues, in this highly competitive market of mobile phones I'm hesitating to buy a more than year old model.

Sony Xperia Tipo
- Reviews are still coming.

Huawei Ascend G300 (I came to know abt this phone here only in some posts by Sam)
- Not much idea, but being Chinese co phone, can it be trusted? Where can I get this in India. I'm in Delhi.

Nokia ASHA series (308 / 309 / 311)
- Build design is average and Xpress Browser though economic but doesn't provide features like save-the-page to-be-read-later.
- poor resolution and pixel density.
- and S40 platform is again a negative.
- issues with calling options. no multi tasking either.

Samsung (Pocket / galaxy Y)
- I found them either lacking in features or otherwise equal in price to Explorer.

I might have missed few models.. please list'em here. I'm going with established brand models as I do not want any issues later. Indian brands are still emerging so I find it difficult to trust them. May be I'm not updated, Please suggest otherwise.

If there are any potential future release expected in this segment, please list here. I may wait.

This is my first visit to this forum and I must say It's a content rich forum.
TIA guys.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Explorer was a very good option but now Tipo is ruling because it has got ICS.There are no better options available in that budget if you want a android phone.

clmlbx

Technomancer
spec wise Huawei G300 beats every one at that range but I am worried about battery life and service.. so any views or any experience on it if some one has used it.

usage would be internet and basic gaming.. for my friend..

budget 10K strict.. I had one more idea .. how will be xperia sola at 12-13K without bill..

Is there any problems in Xperia sola.. as he will be buying without bill?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^

Won't recommend you to get a phone without bill @clmblx.
If the phone runs into problems you might face problems claiming warranty.

clmlbx

Technomancer
yes, I know that but still I recommended that as within his budget nothing better is available and what are the chances of having problems in first year of a phone.. I believe less then 10% and he is very casual user.. not gonna use more then couple of hours a day.. so it is best.. what you guys say.. ..but after little research many users has written they had problem in touch after couple of months of usage.. which solves after keeping phone in direct sunlight..

Is it actual problem or just humidity?

Top Bottom