** ~10k mobile advice thread **

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
or pointing fingers at the MMX series of mobile ;)

@amruth kiran, you can go for newly launched micromax A100 or the other one but do remember if something goes bad, get ready to throw it. Local brand have use and throw policy. Warranty means nothing almost nor they know how to fix their own mobiles. also there won't be any community support. break something while trying to remove a bloatware and you'll have to live with a buggy mobile. else hardware wise they are offering unbeatable specs.

satswid

Broken In
A strict budget of 10k only........
any o.s phone (windows,android)...
WITH 1 GHZ PROCCY!!!!
atleast 5 mp camera...
16gb to 32gb expandable memory....
maybe 3.5 to 3.7 inch screen??
THANK YOU!!!
(P.S- is there any dual core versions at that price?, or maybe anytime soon it will come out??)

Micromax A100.
All the above features + 5 inch screen.
Price :9,999
Micromax A100 - Buy @ Rs.9999/- Online | Snapdeal India

Abhinav Gupta

Broken In
A strict budget of 11k
O.S.-Android
4" inch screen max
Wanna use it for internet downloading and reading from internet.(But still i am comfortable with 3.2" screen)
Thanks
Xperia Tipo is my choice or should I go for something else

Tobuscus

Broken In
I'm trying to buy a phone around 10k.

And i can't decide between the Sony Ericsson Tipo and the Htc explorer?

What do u people think? Tipo has 200 mhz more and ICS. But i've read some mixed reviews of it...like this one
Sony Xperia Tipo Review | Mobile Phones | CNET UK

I don't buy phones according to cnet's advice but still....1.5 out of 5!:shock:
The explorer meanwhile has absolutely positive reviews... Help?:-D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i heard the OS is buddy. all Xperia with Android 4.0 are having some problem or the other. Don't know what Sony is trying to do with buggy OS. But update should fix it and Sony usually releases timely update unlike Samsung or LG.

and if you are ok with slightly smaller display, why not look for Xperia Mini? unless updated to Android 4.0 officially, it is pretty stable with nice battery backup.

Abhinav Gupta

Broken In
If tipo has buggy OS ,should I go for KARBONN A18?I need to use the mobile for only a year.SO Bad quality of parts is not a big concern.

kunalht

In the zone
All queries relmobile fones for around 10k and slightly more/less to be asked/solved/discussed here.

What we are seeing is people are asking the same question again and again, instead of searching before.

1. HTC explorer-8500/-
2. Samsung galaxy ace - 11000/-
3. micromax a100-10000/-

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
The new range by Micromax looks good. Worth it? Have the phones got GPU? A100 looks very good.

Ninja 3 has got 2.2k color display lol

clmlbx

Technomancer
AFAIK I know Micromax phones does not have GPU.. Even I was thinking buy Miro but 15K ..bull ****.. I would have bought it for 12-13K max. .. now thinking of tipo. Except cnet review every other review said it is good.. so will make visit to showroom tomorrow.

Any recommendation within 12-13K max. No live with walkman .. yes I know it is good phone but one of my family member is already using.. so noo

Mostly preferred within 12-13K but it is flexible to 15K max..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
AFAIK I know Micromax phones does not have GPU

currently all Android mobiles above 5k have GPU, even if its really weak.

Any recommendation within 12-13K max. No live with walkman .. yes I know it is good phone but one of my family member is already using.. so noo

Mostly preferred within 12-13K but it is flexible to 15K max..

How about Xperia Ray? 15k @ Saholic.

Thinking of buying Sony XPeria Tipo for my sister. Should go ahead with it?

grab it fast. selling for 8k @ HS18 superdeals.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
adexmart is selling it for 8.9k. expect a small pricedrop soon else HS18 won't sell it for such low price, even with limited piece.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Don't buy tipo.. today I visited sony showroom to check it.. and damn it is laggy.. To open app drawer it took 5-10 seconds.. I don't understand how did sony launched it? you get response after at least 10 seconds after you press and key(touch or capacitive buttons).. It is so so laggy. I could not even operate or say I could not even open about phone page in 10 minutes..

@ sam xperia ray @ 15K is good but it very old phone now.. which won't get jelly bean I believe.. at show room I asked priced he said 17K plus something but he would have given it in 17K..

any phone recommendation under 12-13k max

and miro was unavailable still yet to release according to it..

Please reply here :- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/163285-phone-under-12-13k-max.html#post1748825

Last edited:

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
The few reviews that I've come across say that it is good. I'll wait for more reviews.

What processor does the Micromax A90 use? and how good is the GPU PowerVR SGX531 ?

pmkarun

Broken In
If tipo has buggy OS ,should I go for KARBONN A18?I need to use the mobile for only a year.SO Bad quality of parts is not a big concern.

Check this if you are open for Huawei Brand.. My friend has this and the phone is pretty good in performance
Huawei Ideos X5 Pro: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

Else check Sony LWW

Top Bottom