Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

heidi2521

Padawan
stop fighting please...no use of wasting energy & typing so long (which is gonna be cleaned soon)

Extreme Gamer was simply pointing out that vickybat is claiming BS. All Extreme Gamer did was ask him to clarify his comment which implied that cel-shaded games are bad at expressing emotions and being emotionally involving and then pointed out that that is not the case. Then vickybat started going off topic dissing JRPGs and resorting to ad hominem.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Started Deux Ex Human Revolution and DARK.

Completed Deadpool:- Never played a game as insane and hilarious as this. Had a great time :D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I wasn't fighting. He was the one who started flaming me. All I did was ask a question.

u shouldn't have posted how wrong he is..reading post#2810 will make anybody angry..anyways

Back on topic- Have you finished 400 days? How is it compared to season 1?
Nope not yet...
but I will currently busy with Remember Me then I have Metro:LL in queue and also Bulletstorm (thanks to Rishi & Anirbadd for recommending this)

AFAIK rst & cyborg has completed 400 days :mrgreen:

Last edited:

heidi2521

Padawan
Already reported his posts buddy. He's been trolling for quite a while now. I hope action will be taken this time.

So asking someone to clarify his comment and later writing rebuttals to erroneous claims is trolling. :dead:

Zangetsu

Extreme Gamer was simply pointing out that vickybat is claiming BS. All Extreme Gamer did was ask him to clarify his comment which implied that cel-shaded games are bad at expressing emotions and being emotionally involving and then pointed out that that is not the case. Then vickybat started going off topic dissing JRPGs and resorting to ad hominem.

I cannot see where vicky has written 'cell-shaded' games are bad at emotions....
as far as I understood is he never played cell-shaded graphics game having intense level of emotions.
i.e the Devs have created a masterpiece of emotions even in cell-shaded game.

@dead5: do mention the games name (English) in brackets when posting chineese/japaneese titles
e.g: Ni No Kuni

heidi2521

Padawan
I cannot see where vicky has written 'cell-shaded' games are bad at emotions....
as far as I understood is he never played cell-shaded graphics game having intense level of emotions.

@dead5: do mention the games name (English) in brackets when posting chineese/japaneese titles

ニノ国 is the japanese name. Ni No Kuni is the english name.

Look at the part in bold. "Even for" implies that they are usually bad at this or not able to do it.

The show case of emotions, even for a water color styled game, just shows the talent of the amazing crew of "Telltale games". They achieved something extraordinary with this title.

Eg:

The Last of Us debuted at No. 1 in charts, even for a new IP, just shows how extraordinary the talent of the amazing crew is at the marketing agency. They achieved something extraordinary with this title.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Zangetsu, he said that the Walking Dead has good emotional depth and animation for a cel-shaded game. How does that not imply cel-shaded games do not have good emotional depth and animation?

The show case of emotions, even for a water color styled game, just shows the talent of the amazing crew of "Telltale games".

Are you telling me he didn't write that?

Also, Ni No Kuni is the English name of Ni No Kuni :)

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
No, genius, it was always foul behavior. I've pointed it out before, if in a more subtle manner but your comprehension skills are too low to understand that. Obviously a guy who brings in anti-crespular rays to defend a game like Call of Duty will not understand :rofl:

Before accusing me with rubbish like that, re-read what I posted and come back. I said that just because you have not played cel-shaded games of the sort does not mean you can stereotype them as having bad emotional depth and bad animations. Obviously a guy who thinks controls and story pacing are the same thing will post BS just to get back at you and act like a wiseguy.

Instead of resorting to appeal to authority, answer the damn question. And to answer your question, yes, I do work on video games as a hobby. I've made levels on the Source Engine. I'm also designing some concepts which I hope to implement in my own games after I finish college. You've done this before and been asked not to do it, so mind your language.

When you first posted about the walking dead, you didn't say that you've never played cel-shaded games with good emotions. You implied that cel-shaded games are bad at portraying emotions :|

________

There you go stereotyping and making generalizations yet again...

I didn't tell you to not recommend or recommend anything. I only pointed out that you are stereotyping a genre as horseshit whose games you enjoy yourself. All I did was post relevant examples of games that were cel-shaded and had good animations, emotional depth and you took it upon yourself to classify their entire genres as bad. [sarcasm]But I forget that Vickybat is the only authority in the video game world and his word is absolute. After all, only he has the power to be able to judge a game without even playing it.[/sarcasm]

Do tell what gives final fantasy an edge over other JRPGs?

No, it just means that you are in no position to comment on anything at all in the video games section. You do not have any credibility to post authoritatively about video games.

Hulolol. TL;DR.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Buddy you are spot on. I can't understand what was so confusing in my write up. You've got me absolutely correctly.
Btw mate just report the troll and thread derailing posts. No need to waste energy by making sense out of either of their posts.

Will ask cyborg about walking dead 400 days. :)

Zangetsu

Buddy you are spot on. I can't understand what was so confusing in my write up. You've got me absolutely correctly.
that's what I though when I first read that...maybe others can also point the real meaning behind that post :|
I hope u don't have any grudge/grievances against EG & dead5 or vice-versa

@ Zangetsu

How is "Remember me" buddy ? I too wanted to play it.

superb...don't miss it or forget it (as the title says:wink:) cyberpunk game nice
CAPCOM has made a fantastic game...though some says it gets repetitive but still it has some edge to hook u till the end

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I think Ni no Kuni is the English pronunciation ...not a English meaning
it shud be The Another World in english

It should be, but the developers didn't choose to do so. The meaning is The Another World literally but the developers chose to stick to Ni No Kuni. From a grammatical point of view, "The Another World" is incorrect English.

Ni no Kuni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

heidi2521

Padawan
I think Ni no Kuni is the English pronunciation ...not a English meaning
it shud be The Another World in english

The Another World is one of the meanings of the phrase 『ニノ国』、 another one being "Second Country". The english name of 『ニノ国』 is Ni No Kuni.

Just like Luigi's Mansion 2's japanese name is "Luigi's Mansion 2" and not 『ゥイギノテイタク2』

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
that's what I though when I first read that...maybe others can also point the real meaning behind that post :|
I hope u don't have any grudge/grievances against EG & dead5 or vice-versa

Nope i don't have any sort of grudge whatsoever against any member. Can't say about vice-versa though. :)

superb...don't miss it or forget it (as the title says:wink:) cyberpunk game nice
CAPCOM has made a fantastic game...though some says it gets repetitive but still it has some edge to hook u till the end

I'll play it then, but after walking dead 400 days. Will have to arrange 400 days and complete that. Damn the series has me so hooked up. :)

heidi2521

Padawan
Btw mate just report the troll and thread derailing posts. No need to waste energy by making sense out of either of their posts.

Will ask cyborg about walking dead 400 days. :)

Then why didn't you say so when asked by Extreme Gamer if you meant that?

Are you suggesting cel-shaded games generally cannot display emotion?

You replied to this with

Never played any cell shaded games before that displayed emotion and character bonding of this level.

defending your post that implied that cel-shaded games aren't good at expressions. Then when Extreme Gamer suggested a few awesome JRPGs to point out that it was nothing special for cel-shaded games to be emotionally involving you simply started dissing them instead of a proper response. So either you are purposefully trolling or are simply getting behind Zangetsu's defence.

You could easily have said that you didn't mean to imply that cel-shaded games are bad at emotions. Instead you posted a very defensive reply stating that you haven't played such a game. Taken in context of Extreme Gamer's question in context of your original post, the post clearly defends your implication. You don't need to be an English major to figure that out.

Piyush

Lanaya
Anyways....
Has anyone here tried Torchlight II in multiplayer?
I've completed the game single player with Engineer class. Now I want to try it in multiplayer.. so thinking of getting it on steam.

rst

Youngling

"walking dead 400 days" has 5 different characters(3 men,2 women).
So in this game,you have opportunity to play as different characters and understand their story
these 5 stories are short(so that total total length of game is similar to walking dead 1)

Top Bottom