Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Completed all the episodes. Man what can i say.......This is by far the most emotional game i've ever played. The script is nothing less than brilliant.
Wonderful voice acting by almost all characters and each one has their own set of attributes.

The show case of emotions, even for a water color styled game, just shows the talent of the amazing crew of "Telltale games". They achieved something extraordinary with this title.
The last sequence was very emotional and made me shed a tear.Lee and Clementine's bond is meticulously showcased. Games like this are indeed a work of art.
Even the QTE haters are going to like this game because this completely based on the same. This game is the proof that what a highly presented content and powerful storytelling can do, even to
an interactive content.

Those GOTY awards it received are totally worth it. This game deserves even more.

Can't wait for season 2.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Are you suggesting cel-shaded games generally cannot display emotion?

Never played any cell shaded games before that displayed emotion and character bonding of this level.

its cell shaded graphics :-D and ya its one of the brilliant zombie horror deserves 10/10

Oh my bad. Its cell shaded then. :)

Yeah it absolutely deserves all those awards.

Well then you should also play Walking Dead 400 Days.

Definitely. I heard it bridges the gap between season 1 and the upcoming season 2.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Never played any cell shaded games before that displayed emotion and character bonding of this level.

Oh my bad. Its cell shaded then. :)

Yeah it absolutely deserves all those awards.

Definitely. I heard it bridges the gap between season 1 and the upcoming season 2.

Your not having played such a game is hardly a qualification to state something as false as this.

Cel-shading is a post-processing effect. It will not affect how well an animator rigs the skeletal meshes.

Play Ni No Kuni, Xenogears, Xenosaga and you will know how wrong you are.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Borderlands?

No haven't played borderlands, but i can't compare it with walking dead. I've seen gameplay videos and its different.
Walking dead's graphics are like prince of persia 2008. But walking dead is in a complete different level though.
Besides borderlands is an FPS and of a complete different genre. Walking dead is like a movie and QTE's are an integral part of the game.

Your not having played such a game is hardly a qualification to state something as false as this.

Cel-shading is a post-processing effect. It will not affect how well an animator rigs the skeletal meshes.

Play Ni No Kuni, Xenogears, Xenosaga and you will know how wrong you are.

Don't post rubbish all the time extremegamer. Nobody asked your opinion on cell-shaded graphics.
Besides i hate anime games and JRPG's so no thanks.

Don't drop in between a healthy discussion and spoil the mood. We are discussing games and their end result.
Stop acting like an animator here. This isn't a debate thread. Post your gaming progress or refrain from posting here.

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
No haven't played borderlands, but i can't compare it with walking dead. I've seen gameplay videos and its different.
Walking dead's graphics are like prince of persia 2008. But walking dead is in a complete different level though.
Besides borderlands is an FPS and of a complete different genre. Walking dead is like a movie and QTE's are an integral part of the game.
Yea I know that borderlands is diff from Walking dead, I've finished the game too :p
I just thought Walking Dead was your first cell-shaded type graphics game

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
cell-shaded didn't make Walking Dead GOTY..it was the game play & gripping story...the devs could have made it like other CGI animated graphics..so it doesn't matter

Chapter 4: Remember Me

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
cell-shaded didn't make Walking Dead GOTY..it was the game play & gripping story...the devs could have made it like other CGI animated graphics..so it doesn't matter

Chapter 4: Remember Me

Yeah and during my play through, i never missed CGI graphics. Even for a cell shaded game, its a job well done.
The story made me cry in episode 5. The characters felt lifelike displaying emotions.

The character "Clementine" is actually based on art director "Derek Sakai's" own daughter. His involvement in the game shows.
Top notch character design and voice acting.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Don't post rubbish all the time extremegamer. Nobody asked your opinion on cell-shaded graphics.
Besides i hate anime games and JRPG's so no thanks.

Don't drop in between a healthy discussion and spoil the mood. We are discussing games and their end result.
Stop acting like an animator here. This isn't a debate thread. Post your gaming progress or refrain from posting here.

When you do not have anything left to say you resort to such foul behavior. Not unexpected from the likes of you.

Why did you post rubbish in the first place that cell-shaded graphics games (it's OK that you do not know the technical term) do not have good emotionals and expressions? All I did was point out that you are posting wrong and misleading bullshit by citing relevant examples.

If you hate anime games and JRPGs why do you recommend the Final Fantasy franchise like its the lord high of Playstation/Xbox circle****ing? Also, your hating JRPGs and anime games does not invalidate my point that cell-shaded games do have good emotional depth and facial expressions and animations.

Play Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of the Light 2 when it comes out in the west. Or will you hate it and call it "anime game/ JRPG" just because of a name change? :lol:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
When you do not have anything left to say you resort to such foul behavior. Not unexpected from the likes of you.

I always have a lot to say and you know that. Where are your comprehension skills now?? It seems foul behavior to you now? :lol:

Why did you post rubbish in the first place that cell-shaded graphics games (it's OK that you do not know the technical term) do not have good emotionals and expressions? All I did was point out that you are posting wrong and misleading bullshit by citing relevant examples.

Lol do you even realize how stupid you are or i have to school you again? Technical my foot. Are you some animator or game designer? Everyone knows here that you are not, so stop posting rubbish info and post terms that you read here and there. I said i've never played a water colored (cell shaded) f***ing whatever you call them ,that displayed emotions and characterization like walking dead does. The world says so. Do i have to give you a list of citations here?

If you hate anime games and JRPGs why do you recommend the Final Fantasy franchise like its the lord high of Playstation/Xbox circle****ing? Also, your hating JRPGs and anime games does not invalidate my point that cell-shaded games do have good emotional depth and facial expressions and animations.

Besides, who the heck are you to tell me what i should recommend and what i shouldn't? I like Final fantasy and recommend it. Other JRPG's are nothing but horseshit IMO.
Your points are invalid since the beginning you set foot on this forum. And your poor comprehension skills are indicative of the same. Where the heck did i say cell shaded games lack emotions and expressions? I was saying walking dead tops them all and it indeed does so.

That means your points are all invalid like always.

Extremegamer one more offtopic post and i'm seriously reporting it. You are simply derailing the thread.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I always have a lot to say and you know that. Where are your comprehension skills now?? It seems foul behavior to you now? :lol:

No, genius, it was always foul behavior. I've pointed it out before, if in a more subtle manner but your comprehension skills are too low to understand that. Obviously a guy who brings in anti-crespular rays to defend a game like Call of Duty will not understand :rofl:

Lol do you even realize how stupid you are or i have to school you again? Technical my foot. Are you some animator or game designer? Everyone knows here that you are not, so stop posting rubbish info and post terms that you read here and there. I said i've never played a water colored (cell shaded) f***ing whatever you call them ,that displayed emotions and characterization like walking dead does. The world says so. Do i have to give you a list of citations here?

Before accusing me with rubbish like that, re-read what I posted and come back. I said that just because you have not played cel-shaded games of the sort does not mean you can stereotype them as having bad emotional depth and bad animations. Obviously a guy who thinks controls and story pacing are the same thing will post BS just to get back at you and act like a wiseguy.

Instead of resorting to appeal to authority, answer the damn question. And to answer your question, yes, I do work on video games as a hobby. I've made levels on the Source Engine. I'm also designing some concepts which I hope to implement in my own games after I finish college. You've done this before and been asked not to do it, so mind your language.

When you first posted about the walking dead, you didn't say that you've never played cel-shaded games with good emotions. You implied that cel-shaded games are bad at portraying emotions :|

The show case of emotions, even for a water color styled game, just shows the talent of the amazing crew of "Telltale games".
________

Besides, who the heck are you to tell me what i should recommend and what i shouldn't? I like Final fantasy and recommend it. Other JRPG's are nothing but horseshit IMO.
Your points are invalid since the beginning you set foot on this forum. And your poor comprehension skills are indicative of the same. Where the heck did i say cell shaded games lack emotions and expressions? I was saying walking dead tops them all and it indeed does so.

There you go stereotyping and making generalizations yet again...

I didn't tell you to not recommend or recommend anything. I only pointed out that you are stereotyping a genre as horseshit whose games you enjoy yourself. All I did was post relevant examples of games that were cel-shaded and had good animations, emotional depth and you took it upon yourself to classify their entire genres as bad. [sarcasm]But I forget that Vickybat is the only authority in the video game world and his word is absolute. After all, only he has the power to be able to judge a game without even playing it.[/sarcasm]

Do tell what gives final fantasy an edge over other JRPGs?

That means your points are all invalid like always.

No, it just means that you are in no position to comment on anything at all in the video games section. You do not have any credibility to post authoritatively about video games.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
stop fighting please...no use of wasting energy & typing so long (which is gonna be cleaned soon)

Already reported his posts buddy. He's been trolling for quite a while now. I hope action will be taken this time.

Back on topic- Have you finished 400 days? How is it compared to season 1?

Top Bottom