Which Rom you use?

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Hey can I use the same CFW like yours in my 5233?? I haven't flashed my phone before. Any tips or link where I can learn??

davinci

wid million core procesor
Device: LG O1
Flashed with void got some problems with apps FCing...changed to CM7 ported by Mik_OS but again faced issues with Google account n cudnt access Android market though performance was superb....so back to stock V10E.....gonna use set cpu app to overclock

Custom roms are grt in case of performance but causes probs with a lot of apps either causing them to FC or unable to update them cuz of issues with Google account.So still searching for a good stable ROM based on Gingerbread 2.3.4......hope LG rolls out the indian version of O1 update soon

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ problem with google account? can you explain what kind of problem you faced exactly.

i don't think stock roms allow overclocking of processor. the kernel is usually a piece of crap & it'll panic as soon as your start to clock up.

using Andy's gingerbread for quite sometime (no longer available for download) & till now running stable. a few FC now & then.

Soumik

Padawan
Okay flashed custom ROM on friend's Sony Xperia X8 today. ROMs tried so far:
GingerDX v006 (Android 2.3.5)
Froyobread v023b final (Android 2.2.9)

Must say Froyobread feels a lot faster and lighter than GingerDX, even though both are from the same developer. Only difference being, one being ported from CM7 and one from CM6.

Ok off to my room mate's device. HTC Desire. It seems a biut more complex and regular phones.
Can anyone tell me which ROM is a stable one for daily use of HTC Desire.

PS: Unexpectedly, there is hardly any stable custom ROM for Desire available easily. most are just modded stock ROMs.

OK.. flashed MIUI ROM on it. Its quite beautiful, but i have a problem, that its MIUI market is totally in chinese. Any pointers as to how to change it to English?

Soumik

Padawan
My device - Motorola Defy
Current OS - WajkIUI 1.9.23
OS Base - Modded MIUI 1.9.23 with customized Launcher Pro...
Experience - Super awesome!!! :)

Krow

Crowman
Device: Dell XCD 35
ROM: CyanogenMod 7.1.0

You need to download all Google Apps separately and install after installing CM 7. Pretty sure all of you guys know that, just posting my experience. :)

ROM is super cool. I like it much better than Dell stock ROM. With this I selecting text is much easier as in the old (2.2) ROM there were no bars to help.

Comes with ADW Launcher which is better than Launcher Pro and GO Launcher IMHO. Launcher Pro keeps annoying you with popups to get the Plus version for $5. GO Launcher is a huge battery hog.

So far ROM is smooth. But there is one problem with the phone (not the ROM). Whenever Wifi is on if you leave the phone idle for a bit, the screen locks and wifi drops. This happened in the old ROM as well. So all downloads stop.

Anyway, I am very happy with the new ROM. :D

Battery life is excellent when using the phone for a few calls and smses. As soon as I use the internet (Wifi or 3G), battery life drops significantly. I manage a day and a half as of now. Squeezed 4 days with very sparing usage once. :lol:

Oh yeah, I overclocked my CPU to 710 MHz from 633. Stable. Easy OC options in CM 7.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Updated mine to XWKJ1, GB 2.3.5. Course it is a Stock ROM. Liking the new Swype, it's amazing :)
This should be my ROM until ICS.

Krow

Crowman
Even I liked Swype a lot, but now I prefer the stock keyboard which came with CM 7. Sometimes when there was even a little moisture on my finger, swyping became really tough. With the normal keyboard, this is not an issue. Otherwise Swype is really awesome. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
GO Launcher is a huge battery hog.

really? launcher eats battery life? time for some testing ;-)

Whenever Wifi is on if you leave the phone idle for a bit, the screen locks and wifi drops. This happened in the old ROM as well. So all downloads stop.

try this: Wireless & Network > WiFi (ON) > Advanced (press menu) > WiFi Sleep Policy > select Never.

ignore if already tried :smile:

Krow

Crowman
try this: Wireless & Network > WiFi (ON) > Advanced (press menu) > WiFi Sleep Policy > select Never.
Thanks! Enabled that just now. What a hidden setting! :lol:

Will check if it drops now. It was set to when screen turns off, now it is never.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
I9000 Galaxy S with CyanoForTommorow 1.2.Smooth,fast,stable,and much better battery life than default Cyanogen Mod 7

noob

Cyborg Agent
MIUI ftw on SGS..gets updated every Friday ..no issues since last 6 months...butter smooth exp.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Currently using GalaxyDroid ROM for SGS for last 2 weeks.

The most shittiest ROM ever made by any ROM developer. Only plus point is its customizations.

Its a battery rapist and can break microsoft's record for hanging and crashing incidents of Win98.

This weekend I'm removing this sh1t!

Top Bottom