Which is the Highest pay Company for freshers (UG) in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I am starting to cry now...
You guys are from so famous universities....

OK here is my question...
I am a BCA student right now and will do MCA and maybe MTech after it.
How much is my chance of getting a job in Micr0Soft if I manage to get above 90% in each of my college exams... and I am not in a famous college right now...(money problems. :-( )

How much % I will need in my BCA to get the admission in the topmost college offering MCA in banglore or Pune? Is 92% enough? I think I can push to 96% at most...
Can I get addmission with these type of % and keeping in mind that I completed BCA from a less known college.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
What Should i do next ?

I am really confused about what to do next i m in 9th right now and tecchie boy ....What to do next?

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
What about IGNOU's MCA? :sad:

max_demon said:
What Should i do next ?

I am really confused about what to do next i m in 9th right now and tecchie boy ....What to do next?
You r in 9th?abey 9th mein toh mujhe computer ka kuch bhi nahi pata tha.:mad:12th ke baad hi kiya sab kuch.:p

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
max_demon said:
What Should i do next ?

i'll give u an idea...do tenth...:)) :))

just kidding. in fact tenth is the last year for u to enjoy. learn some languages, do some courses releated to computers. tenth is easy so if u study just two months before boards u can still score well. once u get in 11th and 12th, life ends. i'm in 12th right now, and my life is totally screwed up with all the studies at school as well as preparing for engg entrances

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
max_demon said:
What Should i do next ?

you need nothing to thik now..just enjoy with ur studies...and do some tricky with ur computers. :) ..and concentrate on ur boards.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
And today for us Schlumberger came.. and pay is 6.8lacs

and on monday Juno online is coming and pay is arnd 5lacs!

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
xbonez said:
does electronic arts recruit from indian colleges??
Oye wait for 3-4 years game development companies like EA,Atari will set up their development centres in India.Wait kar meri tarah.:p

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^ I asked the same kinda question (and you have asked the same question before :D). It looks like the answer is simple NO :)

Just look at what kinda people VALVE recruit:

Our beliefs about work environments are pretty simple: give talented and experienced people the tools they need, the colleagues who will stimulate them, and the opportunity to build games they want to play. We are constantly on the lookout for self-motivated, self-directed individuals who are interested in all aspects of building great entertainment experiences. The people who work at Valve are multi-talented, with expertise in one or two particular areas. We don’t have managers or producers of any kind. We tend to hire senior people who have shipped several titles before arriving here. And we have also hired a few people right out of school when we've been impressed by an interesting game, mod, or level that the candidate built.
We are always looking for smart, talented, creative, interesting people who are solving or creating interesting problems—people who will make our products and our company the best in the industry.
If you think Valve sounds like the place for you, feel free to contact us even if you don't see a specific job listing that matches your background.

This sends chill down my spine :D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Well guys I am a different story all together I left AFMC(armed forces medical college),pune in which i got a all India rank of 21 to do engineering in not so famous GGSIPU,Delhi in E.C.E..And I want to tell the peoples who are mourning over the fact that they didn't get to have C.S.E. and I.T. as their engineering subjects.They are two worst streams to study in India unless they are doing it from I.I.T.'s.What you eventually become are coders not programmers.

I think I will go for M.Tech from a good college through GATE after my engineering.I would like to be a chip designer eventually.

Last year TCS made bulk recruitments from our college giving an average of 2.4L with a min. of 1.8L(This is so disheartening).Infosys made only 1-2 giving 6lac or so.Some foreign country government recruited a guy to work in their nuclear reactor at 40L(but that really ain't that large actually cos cost of living there is way higher there).

And even in elite colleges like I.I.T.'s have the same salary packages except for the top 10-20% students.

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
what is the diff btw coder and programmer?

and this is not true that comp sci or IT from college except IIT is useless.

if u wanna go into IT then these branches are the best whatever u say.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
abhi_10_20 said:
in which have u got through, Ganesh?

I got offer from Wipro - VLSI Domain!

If i get chance.... I try to jump frm there.... :D

And For us BPCL and HP r coming on Tuesday!

BPCL pay arnd 5 lacs think so
and HP 4.2 Lacs

I am basically frm E&I... but my intrest is towards SOftware and Embedded systems... So try to jump towards that!!:)

tgpraveen said:

and this is not true that comp sci or IT from college except IIT is useless.

if u wanna go into IT then these branches are the best whatever u say.

Wat i think is if u r studying in a reputed college... then it wuld certainly help! bcaus very good companies will recruit only those frm standard colleges! Wat i heard!

But other college student can try to jump only through their experience!!!

As for as our college... ANNA UNIVERSITY! If u r a little above avg student of CS and IT branch.... U can get a offer frm very good companies with pay of minimum 50000rs. PM in INDIA!!!:)

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
gaurav_indian said:
^^ Yes there is a difference b/w a coder and programmer.But what are the differences in salaries of a coder and programmer?
A programmer is kinda project leader,he\she is given a part(or something like that) of the software or solution(whatever).Now a programmer has many coders under him and he actually tells him exactly what to do.Bottomline:programmers have the oppurtunity to use their brains and actually influence the final product but coders just type some s*** everyday and then goes back to home to sleep.A coder is given a 'terminal' i.e. a monitor+keyboard+mouse connected to a shared server for processor and memory et al.I would rather take my PC there than work there on these dummies.Of course if you are talented and hard working you can too become a programmer but it will take years and I,personally dont think anyone can stay with an IT company for more than a few Years.

As far as salary difference is concerned there is a huge difference.A programmer can expect to get what 20-30 coders get combined together.

The difference is only that programmers are usually PG's(and higher) in their field which makes them highly specific to a particular job.

MY advise please please dont go for jobs after your ug's(give the tests incase you are not able to get through a good college for pg's) and work harder to get into a good college for your pg's.The salaries after our graduation is very tempting(BTW did I tell you some of our college students accepted offers of 1.8L/annum from TCS.And they were actually celebrating.duh).Salaries are more tempting cos of all the money and resources we have put in and you are now fed up of books and all But use your brains a PG will be worth the time and effort.

Pathik

Google Bot
well 1 thing is sure.. As a programmer u get job satisfaction while a coder doesnt.. There is just mindless labour in just coding..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom